Idea Introducing, Guild Wars.

SwiftBlade

Honorable Pirate
Now this idea would function very similarly to Crew battles, but on a larger scale with fairer rules. For example, let's say a signup of 10v10 or 25v25 (50v50 but that could either work really well or really bad) should be implemented in which players sign up to fight with a rival guild. As for the actual combat, a classic set up of Base A holding the first guild and Base B holding the second guild with a large battlefield-type area in the middle would work pretty well with a Team Deathmatch type setting (Including a base timer of 10 minutes, depending on the size of the teams). To add to that, a system should be added to regulate the health and voodoo of each player as to where everyone has the same amount, but the weapons still have the same attack damage and special skills, so there is a slight advantage but nothing overpowered. Sorry for going so in depth lol but I've had that concept in my mind for a long time now. Please share your thoughts on this or if you have anything else that could add to the possible development of this concept.

~Captain Ivan Garcia (PKS)
Pirate King Sayuh, April 18, 2018. This was the day he proposed an idea I have thought of for a bit but wanted some ideas of how it would work instead of just proposing it. So below I have generated an idea of how something of this mass would conspire.

The idea of having Guild Wars is not that bad of an idea. I've seen a few posts talking about each individual guild having their own island and I believe that can contribute to this suggestion. I believe with the right amount of time and effort this could be made a reality. First off lets start with guild islands.

GUILD ISLANDS
guild islands can serve as a way for another opposing guild to enter in to what we would call the "battlefield." The way this island would assist is players from individual guilds could pay a fee, lets say twenty-thousand gold in order to buy one of these "islands." Upon purchase to keep the island each guild would have to pay a weekly price of 5 thousand gold. Each island will have plenty of things such as storage, upgradable items, ways to expand the island, and much more.

The upgradable content on this island would be used twords guild wars. These islands would act as if the Jolly rodger invasions, but with guilds only. The items you upgrade (cutlases, pistols, staffs, etc.) would all be usable content in the wars themself. How it would work is your guild would have a bank, which the enemy guild could rob, but with your guild bank you would use that to purchase these things I have mentioned above. Upgrading them wouldn't mean your guild gets access to the items newly purchased just yet. The members individually would have to buy the items and equip them in what we would call a "war inventory."

WAR INVENTORIES.

War inventories would serve as your hotbar for each war you go into. In these hotbars you would put in your swords you have purchased, your pistol's, voodoo staff's, so on and so forth. After putting your goodies in your hotbar you would click 'save' then when the next war came around you would be able to use those items to defend your island.

HOW THE GUILD WARS WOULD WORK.
Once an opposing guild has waged war upon yours you will have 15 minutes before they are teleported to your island. The attackers will be positioned at the docks of your island and make their way up to your Guild Bank. The friendly guild will have 10 minutes to stop them from raiding their Bank while the opposing guild will be trying to break into the Guild Bank with only 10 minutes as well. Around the Guild island there will be at MAX 4 cannons behind a barricade. These cannons can be unlocked by the guild and each cannonball type would cost extra. The enemy guild would have 10 minutes to destroy the cannons which would also destroy the barricade with it. After passing all barricades you (the attacker) will be right in front of the Guild's bank. The bank's health would have (for example) 20,000 health. Every hundered health the opposing guild takes a small amount of gold out of the other guilds bank and into the attackers pockets. This will much be like the Jolly Rodger invasion on Port Royal and occasionally Tortuga. Enemies after the raid has started can not join but the defenders are able to.

This is a generalized idea of how something of this sort would work out. I hope you enjoyed my suggestion and if you have any more questions feel free to reply to this thread.

Ok from reading all of this im left with 1 question:
how would each guild have an island?
Theres a lot of guilds in TLOPO a lot more than islands in general...

Ok from reading all of this im left with 1 question:
how would each guild have an island?
Theres a lot of guilds in TLOPO a lot more than islands in general...
Good point, I have brought up in the thread that there could be some sort of value these islands would have, e.g. costing 20 thousand in order to buy it so on and so forth. This could be done on the original map but that would probably take too much of the developers time up, which is why I propose it not be on the same map if possible. What I mean by that is different servers with the guild's islands and when the raids start you are teleported to the islands. Not entirely sure about how this would work but if I think of something I'll update the thread.

Pirate King Sayuh, April 18, 2018. This was the day he proposed an idea I have thought of for a bit but wanted some ideas of how it would work instead of just proposing it. So below I have generated an idea of how something of this mass would conspire.

The idea of having Guild Wars is not that bad of an idea. I've seen a few posts talking about each individual guild having their own island and I believe that can contribute to this suggestion. I believe with the right amount of time and effort this could be made a reality. First off lets start with guild islands.

GUILD ISLANDS
guild islands can serve as a way for another opposing guild to enter in to what we would call the "battlefield." The way this island would assist is players from individual guilds could pay a fee, lets say twenty-thousand gold in order to buy one of these "islands." Upon purchase to keep the island each guild would have to pay a weekly price of 5 thousand gold. Each island will have plenty of things such as storage, upgradable items, ways to expand the island, and much more.

The upgradable content on this island would be used twords guild wars. These islands would act as if the Jolly rodger invasions, but with guilds only. The items you upgrade (cutlases, pistols, staffs, etc.) would all be usable content in the wars themself. How it would work is your guild would have a bank, which the enemy guild could rob, but with your guild bank you would use that to purchase these things I have mentioned above. Upgrading them wouldn't mean your guild gets access to the items newly purchased just yet. The members individually would have to buy the items and equip them in what we would call a "war inventory."

WAR INVENTORIES.

War inventories would serve as your hotbar for each war you go into. In these hotbars you would put in your swords you have purchased, your pistol's, voodoo staff's, so on and so forth. After putting your goodies in your hotbar you would click 'save' then when the next war came around you would be able to use those items to defend your island.

HOW THE GUILD WARS WOULD WORK.
Once an opposing guild has waged war upon yours you will have 15 minutes before they are teleported to your island. The attackers will be positioned at the docks of your island and make their way up to your Guild Bank. The friendly guild will have 10 minutes to stop them from raiding their Bank while the opposing guild will be trying to break into the Guild Bank with only 10 minutes as well. Around the Guild island there will be at MAX 4 cannons behind a barricade. These cannons can be unlocked by the guild and each cannonball type would cost extra. The enemy guild would have 10 minutes to destroy the cannons which would also destroy the barricade with it. After passing all barricades you (the attacker) will be right in front of the Guild's bank. The bank's health would have (for example) 20,000 health. Every hundered health the opposing guild takes a small amount of gold out of the other guilds bank and into the attackers pockets. This will much be like the Jolly Rodger invasion on Port Royal and occasionally Tortuga. Enemies after the raid has started can not join but the defenders are able to.

This is a generalized idea of how something of this sort would work out. I hope you enjoyed my suggestion and if you have any more questions feel free to reply to this thread.

Sounds like heaven to me, it's time to kill some pirates

Guild wars should be conducted in a PvP setting. I'm mostly opposed to starting guild wars and prefer competitions like they had in potco but if such a thing were implemented it should be in PvP options.

Guild wars should be conducted in a PvP setting. I'm mostly opposed to starting guild wars and prefer competitions like they had in potco but if such a thing were implemented it should be in PvP options.

I agree that would be the best way. It is already possible in privateering. The competitions we had back in the got pretty nasty though. I don't think anyone would want to relive that aspect.

I agree that would be the best way. It is already possible in privateering. The competitions we had back in the got pretty nasty though. I don't think anyone would want to relive that aspect.
Haha, I remember being a level 48 back in the day spawn killing level 10's. Ahhh the days.

Now, I love the idea. It's pretty good, but for now, the only thing that is as close to Guild Wars is the Muertos Moon. You just pick a server and talk it out with another guild. When you all turn undead, let the fun begin!

Back