Announcement Introducing the Queuing System!

created screen shot NQSYS at 5:13pm EST
created screen shot NQSYS later at 5:22pm EST
so i am seeing actual change in spot I have re logged once in between and did not lose spot

created screen shot NQSYS later later at 5:39pm EST

so can we intergrate a mini game of pots or fishing or poker waiting for que? maybe that would be super cool

Attachments

• NewQSYS later.JPG
    NewQSYS later.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 136
  • NewQSYS.JPG
    NewQSYS.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 134
  • NewQSYS later later.JPG
    NewQSYS later later.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
created screen shot NQSYS at 5:13pm EST
created screen shot NQSYS later at 5:22pm EST
so i am seeing actual change in spot I have re logged once in between and did not lose spot

created screen shot NQSYS later later at 5:39pm EST

so can we intergrate a mini game of pots or fishing or poker waiting for que? maybe that would be super cool
Server Capacity needs to be increased otherwise the Queue wont work, and repairing, poker/blackjack or fishing would really be a nice touch while waiting

The ability to plan ahead of time for when exactly you are going to be able to play is a lot more pleasing to some people. Especially to those with tight schedules. Toontown Rewritten was able to pull off having both PlayTime and PlayLine and I highly suggest you try to make that possible here too.

Erhm... I didn't see any notices of getting disconnected (I went afk often but in the old system there were notices at 14, 9 and 4 minutes, before 1 minute and 30 seconds)... so I knew I was close to my 3h but I still grappled a ship and I was full of loot, then while battling the EITC officers I got the 1 minute notice... FIX PLEASE! This was very infuriating... Should I have known, I would have done a parley and discharged the loot instead.

i believe this is a bad design because now if you want to play at a certain time you have to wait till that time then que and hope you get in soon. if it is only a 5 min wait every day any time sure great way but i highly doubt that it will be that short. now there is no way to actually be in game when you would like too / can. we will have to wait to see how long wait times are but i don't think this will be that great. i would love to be proven wrong but from what it seems i don't think it will work very well.
Yeah... This is atrocious. I'v been waiting for 5 hours now. The only reason I could see this making any sense at all is to prevent people from making 30 account and reserving play times for one account.

What I do not understand is why the decision to make the switch was made in the first place. People have commented on progressing to a heavier player base and being one step closer to open beta? Could someone explain how that works? Why did they not just increase the capacity of the reserve time slots since they were often full on weekday evenings and the weekends? As others have stated it seems like a transition from the two would have been better (not reserving a spot, planning on playing then, and then having to spend an hour waiting to play at the time you wanted) and keeping the reserve system in place while the queue system was added and tweaked. Plus as others have pointed out how difficult it is if you have limited computer time or want to play with your friends or guild activities. Queue 175 at 8:06 PM PST. #161 at 8:15 Will edit later. On at 9:00. Hope it is better on the weekdays.

Last edited:
Please for the love of god go back to the old system. I like being able to reserve a playtime at 2:00 and then being able to play at 2:00. I do NOT like waiting in a three hour queue to play. Also the game frequently crashes, which will cause players to disconnect and lose their spots. Until your servers are able to handle higher player counts, you need to reserve time.

I'm happy they're making progress, don't get me wrong, (and so so thankful), but so far I'm liking the playtime slots better, as I haven't gotten to play all day, and have to have the game open all day to wait for my number to go down. It's very difficult. Playtimes guaranteed you got to play...

This, so far, I am definitely not liking, at all.

as I am thankful I have a key I do see the frustration of not being able to join your guild for a planned activity or just having to wait long periods of time to be able to get on. Two of our guild members waited over an hour in the queue to get on to play. If a guild activity had been planned for that time they would have missed it. It also lessened their usual time to be able to play. I do agree that the servers can't handle the amount of people wanting to queue in plus as a key holder tonight it took me over an hour to be able to get on the game and supposedly key holders were not going to be affected by this. But it seemed like key holders were having to wait for the servers to have less people on them also as we were not able to connect to the servers. So what is the use of having a key???

Last edited:
Please for the love of god go back to the old system. I like being able to reserve a playtime at 2:00 and then being able to play at 2:00. I do NOT like waiting in a three hour queue to play. Also the game frequently crashes, which will cause players to disconnect and lose their spots. Until your servers are able to handle higher player counts, you need to reserve time.
Well thats not going to happen.. This way is soooooo much better. Remember to be grateful that we get to play this once again :p :p

The FAQ addresses most of your concerns, so I'd recommend re-reading it. If today is any indicator, the queue should be no longer than an hour during peak periods. At off-peak periods it shouldn't take much time at all (the queue is empty right now, for example). When it's your turn, you receive a 3-hour session during which you can come and go as you please, so it's really no different than play-times as far as crashes. Furthermore, the system actually gives the TLOPO team greater flexibility in terms of gauging server capacity and addressing issues therein. Today a new record was set with about 700 players online at once, albeit it wasn't without a few hiccups.

1. Well thats not going to happen.. This way is soooooo much better.
How so Julian? "So much better"? Oh, we are grateful - just not understanding how this is a better system right now. Darkrage gave us a peek about it when he said "this system allows the TLOPO team greater flexibility in terms of gauging server capacity". It would be nice if the developers explained the process -easier to put up with something when you know what the objective is. He also said a new record was set-must have been when I was on as it looked like over 700 people were on but couldn't that also have been accomplished by raising the number of allowed reserve spots? In theory if there are 250 reserved slots per hour you have the possibility of 750 people being on during any full three hour period. Some of the first hour people may not play into their third hour so boost it to 275 and you have a possibility of 825 people online. However, it doesn't seem like it is going to be removed. There seems to be a rationale for having the new system. It just has not been explained well enough to us non developer types-in the FAQ or elsewhere that I've seen. I'm still going to play though.

I've been in the queue for 30 minutes. So it seems the game is more about sitting and waiting then actually playing now.
Think about it this way, when there was a big event going on and not many playtimes available, you had to wait days for a PlayTime, while in a queue you may just have to wait an hour or two at most. I suggest leaving it sit there in the queue and find something to do in that waiting period. I'm not sure if you were around for when PlayTimes were first introduced but there was huge opposition to that at first, people said they'd rather just wait longer till Open Alpha/Beta rather than having a chance to play for three hours. Once the Queue has been around for a week or so, we will get used to it and I'm sure none of us will want to go back to PlayTimes. Think about this, if you decide to play in the morning, you most likely will get in without a wait as the game isn't that crowded during that time.

I think the queue has been an EPIC step forward and represents one of those 'hurdles' that is crossed that really shows how far things have come. I most certainly appreciate all the hard work and dedication that has gone into this by the TLOPO team! I never have to wait any unreasonable amount of time and now I can get on any time frame I wish. While I'm waiting, I just pop onto the forums, catch up on the news, add some pictures to my albums and chat it up with my community friends until it's time to play. Sending my heartfelt appreciation to the TLOPO Team for their dedication and love for the game and community. <3 Eyes on the horizon! Two armored thumbs up!

Well, I am adjusting to it. It is more convenient as a night owl in the wild, wild, west that I can log off and jump right back in usually with no queue. Before I had to time it to cancel a reserved time a few minutes before the hour if I wanted to jump right back on. I am not in a guild so trying to play at the same time as guild mates is not an issue for me. I do notice, and I am not sure if it is the queue system or not, but when I logged in before and "landed" in the game my cache would have about 1300-1400 items in it. Now it is down to 900-1000 so that is good. Game does seem a bit more prone to crashing now but I have no empirical evidence to back that up. Maybe I got lazy clearing my cache periodically. Question: How long do you have to log back in before you are put back in a queue? I wanted to terminate my session, exited the game, came back in about 30-40 min (estimate), and it put me right back in with an hour of playtime left?

Back