Discussion Invasions are COOL! But....

squintz

Pirate Lord
Invasions are very cool. But, what's in it for a lvl 50? All that shows up are notoriety points which I don't seem to need or benefit from.

If they don't do lvl 50 any good, is there other rewards being considered down the build road? Or am I missing something in the rewards screen?

thanks all.

Yeah... That has been a problem since the new loot system was released way back in the days of POTCO. With the old system you would automatically get gold and treasure even during Invasions. It made Invasions quite the lucrative venture even for a max pirate. Sadly I don't see that being possible with the way loot works now. But even without getting anything, it is still fun to tackle the challenge.

There is the idea that a chest could appear at the end of the Invasion and gives gold and possibility of weapons as well. The quality of the loot could be determined by the success in the Invasion.

You have the challenge of being able to beat Jolly. In Potco I would search out a quiet server so as to be able to take him down with as few people as possible. If everything went right you were able to do it solo and thereby gain bragging rights as being better than Jolly Roger himself.

You have the challenge of being able to beat Jolly. In Potco I would search out a quiet server so as to be able to take him down with as few people as possible. If everything went right you were able to do it solo and thereby gain bragging rights as being better than Jolly Roger himself.
Bragging rights aren't a reward.

The only reward is the pride of defeating Jolly and winning the invasion.

Nice reward, worth it, but I do wish I could get something else because I will say that I grow bored of it after a few times since it's so easy atm.

Seems like we're always posting about how someone doesn't like this or that in the game...
I really don't know what to say to something like this without unloading Solomon's mines.

Seems like we're always posting about how someone doesn't like this or that in the game...
I really don't know what to say to something like this without unloading Solomon's mines.

Well constructive criticism can be helpful. And I in no way ever say that I do not like a single part of this game. I just recognize that in a perfect world things can be better. But this is not a perfect world, such a world should not exist. Therefore I am more than content.

Last edited:
If you don't like invasions and don't think it is worth your time please don't go. This game is here for us to enjoy. I get enjoyment out of taking on Jolly's forces. I don't do it for the monetary or loot reward. Yes the enjoyment of finding a famed or legendary item is nice but so is the enjoyment out of beating Jolly in an invasion and this is reward enough for this pirate. I can always pick up loot someplace else

I can understand the reaction after the recent state of the forums, but this thread's starting to feel like a dogpile telling squintz to shut up because his opinion is invalid. Could we not go there? It's not like being in it for personal gain is inappropriate motivation for a pirate!
:jack:

Well, thanks folks, but there was no malice or discontent intended, nor demanding a reward. Perhaps I should have worded it differently, my bad.

All I saw was notoriety listed and thought was I missing something else like a award or something showing up somewhere. It isn't an issue.
The devs felt they needed to run and test their servers with the addition of invasions. I see it as something as a natural progression through the build out. If we have fun and stuff, that's probably an extra plus and they may get a kick out of that, but I don't think players exclusive enjoyment is part of that focus right now.
Just a thought.

I feel invasions would be more fun if the skeletons posed a threat. Rarely do skeletons make it past the beach, and from my experience, Jolly never makes it past the first barricade before he’s defeated.

While the abassa difficulty increase is nice, it still feels underwhelming. The skeletons should be a force to be reckoned with, not one that is able to be killed within in seconds.

I believe there should be a larger amount of skeletons in shorter period of time to make it feel like they overpower you, like it’s a frightening flood of enemies.

But this is just my opinion, so please don’t call me dumb or anything, I simply remember the skeletons actually winning from time to time in potco. I also think it should be a little more challenging for higher level pirates (who don’t want to do it by themselves).

I feel invasions would be more fun if the skeletons posed a threat. Rarely do skeletons make it past the beach, and from my experience, Jolly never makes it past the first barricade before he’s defeated.

While the abassa difficulty increase is nice, it still feels underwhelming. The skeletons should be a force to be reckoned with, not one that is able to be killed within in seconds.

I believe there should be a larger amount of skeletons in shorter period of time to make it feel like they overpower you, like it’s a frightening flood of enemies.

But this is just my opinion, so please don’t call me dumb or anything, I simply remember the skeletons actually winning from time to time in potco. I also think it should be a little more challenging for higher level pirates (who don’t want to do it by themselves).
If I'm not mistaken, the intensity and difficulty of the invasions is based on the number of players on that server. Abassa is generally the most populated during invasions, so therefore it has the more difficult invasions.

If I'm not mistaken, the intensity and difficulty of the invasions is based on the number of players on that server. Abassa is generally the most populated during invasions, so therefore it has the more difficult invasions.
I just think the difficulty should be increased in general. I've been on abassa for the invasion Jolly still didn't make any ground.

The fun in the invasions for me is not getting loads of notoriety, but helping my other fellow pirates defeat Jolly Roger and his army. I also like to be there to revive people and it's a good opportunity for the community to come together.

Invasions are very cool. But, what's in it for a lvl 50? All that shows up are notoriety points which I don't seem to need or benefit from.

If they don't do lvl 50 any good, is there other rewards being considered down the build road? Or am I missing something in the rewards screen?

thanks all.
TL ; DR "you get nothing"

I just think the difficulty should be increased in general. I've been on abassa for the invasion Jolly still didn't make any ground.
Well, Port Royal is a pretty easy Invasion compared to the others. There are enough barricades between the skeletons spawns and the governor's mansion that it gives pirates more time to beat them. Padres was always the most difficult, so if you want more of a challenge just wait for the others. Also, I have been in a few failed invasions since they were released. It all depends on how organized the pirates are in defending. Lastly, the Invasions are still a work in progress and they may work better for not just us but for Jolly as well and the difficulty may still increase.

Well, Port Royal is a pretty easy Invasion compared to the others. There are enough barricades between the skeletons spawns and the governor's mansion that it gives pirates more time to beat them. Padres was always the most difficult, so if you want more of a challenge just wait for the others. Also, I have been in a few failed invasions since they were released. It all depends on how organized the pirates are in defending. Lastly, the Invasions are still a work in progress and they may work better for not just us but for Jolly as well and the difficulty may still increase.
I think raven cove may be tough as well. That place would make people work as teams and split up as the mine is so far away from the beach.
We'd actually have to 'gasp' talk to each other to plan our defense.

Back