Discussion Invasions are COOL! But....

I think raven cove may be tough as well. That place would make people work as teams and split up as the mine is so far away from the beach.
We'd actually have to 'gasp' talk to each other to plan our defense.
But that is not a thing, at least it has never been a thing before. The stroyline is that Ravens was destroyed by an invasion of Jolly looking for the cursed blades. While just because it was never a thing in POTCO does not mean it is not possible, it won't happen any time in the near future if it happens at all.

The way Raven's Cove is laid out right now the central part of the main island is right around Crazy Ned. I could see barricades built up from the broken dock and down by the beach where the mine tracks start. The problem would be the wharf by the Fisherman's cabin. It's a little too close and I could also see the skeletons struggling a bit with that ramp.

As far as any benefits from Invasions, I look at them more as social gatherings. Pirates chat each other up before hand, crew together and help each other out. They also make good guild outings and even recruitment opportunities. While a mastered pirate won't much if anything, aiding guildmates and friends is fine with me.

Long term solution might be if Jolly himself drops a chest or something to reward participants when he's beaten. Doesn't have be the most primo reward, but might be motivator.

The way Raven's Cove is laid out right now the central part of the main island is right around Crazy Ned. I could see barricades built up from the broken dock and down by the beach where the mine tracks start. The problem would be the wharf by the Fisherman's cabin. It's a little too close and I could also see the skeletons struggling a bit with that ramp.

As far as any benefits from Invasions, I look at them more as social gatherings. Pirates chat each other up before hand, crew together and help each other out. They also make good guild outings and even recruitment opportunities. While a mastered pirate won't much if anything, aiding guildmates and friends is fine with me.

Long term solution might be if Jolly himself drops a chest or something to reward participants when he's beaten. Doesn't have be the most primo reward, but might be motivator.
Perfect solution. A little something for the high levels so they actually wanna DO invasions.

But that is not a thing, at least it has never been a thing before. The stroyline is that Ravens was destroyed by an invasion of Jolly looking for the cursed blades. While just because it was never a thing in POTCO does not mean it is not possible, it won't happen any time in the near future if it happens at all.
He could be coming back to beat up on the ghosts for helping us out against him.

Jolly dropping something other than his guts, was just a forgone conclusion to me. Having never seen an invasion before, I was very surprised that nothing dropped. I was just used to tlopo bosses dropping stuff. That first one, I actually ran around looking for a chest or something and asked other pirates if i missed picking something up. lol. They were all calling me a noob. I think it's a great idea if they had that in the finished game. Even if it was a one time one hour buff.
I've already go into invasions about 60% less now. I try to remember the game needs the numbers, so I try and go.The invasions do seem an excellent way to level a new pirate though.

They're also the only open PvP option if you can make a tactical killshot on a keg runner! :boom:

Keg runners effectively turn a silver bullet into an area effect attack that targets allied pirates. If you're generally trusted, it comes with the bonus advantage 'plausible deniability'.
I never noticed that. If you kill a kegger, they take out other enemies?
Okay, I re -read that. You're saying using a silver bullet can blow up a keg guy but hurts friendlies?
I've never had time to figure anything out. And I'm always lagging so bad I can't move except as a stop motion toon.
I use my lava staff and skull flame which seems to make a large dent in the bad guy crowd.

Mharr meant that killing a Keg Runner can wipe out other pirates... but that's the same whether you use a silver bullet or a blade. Keg Runners can trigger themselves to blow up as soon as they're hit.
Makes sense, that isn't rum they're carrying.
So, using the most powerful gun you have, fame or better, with a silver bullet may take out a kegger with one shot?

Back