Suggestion Invasions...

Discussion in 'TLOPO Suggestions and Ideas' started by Crashalot, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Crashalot

Crashalot Pirate Lord

I love the invasions, and I understand they are still a very rough work in progress.
    I appreciate the hard work it takes to make them happen and love them.

That being said, this latest iteration of the invasions is not quite ready for Beta, imo.

The lag is so bad it affects all servers, regardless of which one is having an invasion.

We took a major hit from our warship on Abassa during an invasion, and we knew we were sunk, but we managed to fill the hold full of mats and port without sinking.
    We got our loot, moved on and literally 5 minutes later we all wound up in jail from the sinking!
    Sure enough, the shipwright confirmed the ship was indeed sunk.
    The lag was so bad it was literally 10 minutes behind us.

While I love such mishaps and appreciate that Beta does weird things (I really do!), I'm wondering if a re-think of the invasions might be a good plan.

I suggest that perhaps a few islands/servers be used for invasions only, and have them run non-stop to better understand all the nuances and bugs therein.

Perhaps even a separate/outside server, just for testing and studying them, where scores of pirates can teleport to them and join in the fun.

I think it's the best way to perfect them without wreaking bedlam on the game.

Otherwise, this may be the servers in the near future...

server fire.jpg

2. Freebooter/Boots

Freebooter/Boots Honorable Pirate

Honestly i do feel the main issue of the lag is because everyone is on the same island!!

but you are indeed right it effects literally everyone on every server till its over usually doesnt start until the beginning of round 1...

3. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Invasions are cool, and I agree with you about everyone in the same spot but with my lag problems already on tlopo, it's like a 4th graders biology slide show. I go to a standstill when on abassa any time or any island when everyone is standing around looking at their nails or scratching their heads, but multiply those numbers by active players and I may as well be flipping que cards. Also, other than crewing up with people to help them level, there isn't much for maxed pirates at the moment.
    Sadly, until I get a new system or tlopo fixes this system, the thrill is gone for now. But aside from the present condition, invasions are a very fun addition and should very much stay in the game when all is said and done. And since my system isn't all that old and can run almost all games on it near max level including WOW in full instances with almost no lag or graphic drag, tlopo is a mystery to me.

Crashalot likes this.
  4. Jack Raidstealer

Personally I haven't really experienced lag since the early times when invasions got released and I'm on a standard laptop that isn't meant for gaming and I stream tlopo along with invasions and still run decent while doing both stream and invasion and just running regular I get a smooth game. I will say that completely uninstalling the game and get a fresh download from the website might help out. It helped me out alot when I was getting tired of lag and then that just fixed it for me. You might want to try the same if you haven't already.

5. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Thanks for that. But I did do exactly that around three weeks ago. I was afraid I hosed my pirate and was going to have to start all over again. But tlopo saved me.