Iron Priming Ram

Is it common for someone to have looted 1000 famed and 6 legendary from ocean looting, and still not have looted the Iron Priming Ram, or is it just bad luck? Am I doing something wrong?

Thoughts?

I have that ram on Pharaoh, got it from sailing back last summer I think, so bad luck is what I am thinking, Viceroy has the fleece famed ram but that thing is for chain shot so ya....

Is it common for someone to have looted 1000 famed and 6 legendary from ocean looting, and still not have looted the Iron Priming Ram, or is it just bad luck? Am I doing something wrong?

Thoughts?
I don't think rams are working right now anyways. What does a iron ram do for you?

I don't think rams are working right now anyways. What does a iron ram do for you?
They may not be working right now, but I hope you're not also saying they won't ever be worked on. Also, Iron priming ram was only obtainable through sailing loot or fishing loot last I recall. So cannon defense is useless to me apart from obtaining the revenant ram.

so your solution to earning an iron priming ram is to not loot?
Um, I'm pretty sure you said that, not me. You can tell because the words I posted don't say that and the ones you posted do.
That being said, if you've looted over 1000 famed items, you need to take a break. Now that's coming from someone who has literally 11 maxed out pirates, so I understand, I really do. But I don't think I've looted that many weapons combined from all pirates. But I tell you this, I've looted the iron priming ram 9 times.
So, maybe you're trying to hard?

Um, I'm pretty sure you said that, not me. You can tell because the words I posted don't say that and the ones you posted do.
That being said, if you've looted over 1000 famed items, you need to take a break. Now that's coming from someone who has literally 11 maxed out pirates, so I understand, I really do. But I don't think I've looted that many weapons combined from all pirates. But I tell you this, I've looted the iron priming ram 9 times.
Do you feel better now?

Better than what? I'm not understanding. Elaborate please.
My original post was made because I was looking for thoughts on why I was not getting the iron priming ram, not for others to tell me that I am looting too much. Therefore, my reading comprehension skill led me to believe that you were telling me that the solution to earning it was to not do anything to earn it. If you have looted 9, congratulations, you are one lucky pirate. I will ask again, is your thought ( help ) for me looting the iron priming ram to twittle my thumbs on Tortuga on Abassa?

I am definitely not "trying too hard" since I have yet to loot a single Iron priming ram.

They may not be working right now, but I hope you're not also saying they won't ever be worked on. Also, Iron priming ram was only obtainable through sailing loot or fishing loot last I recall. So cannon defense is useless to me apart from obtaining the revenant ram.
No, I never said anything about not being worked on. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm trying to work on that.
do you know what an iron ram's purpose is? What buff does it give?

No, I never said anything about not being worked on. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm trying to work on that.
do you know what an iron ram's purpose is? What buff does it give?
latest

.........................................that wasn't arrogant at all

With a fully mastered pirate you are in the range of getting it. I would say luck is the culprit but it's not super bad luck for such a rare item. You can get it much more easily by using Crash's technique of maxing cannon and sailing way ahead of other weapons, this would prevent many of the other famed that you got from dropping and give you a much higher chance at the famed sailing loot only items. Of course that would only work with a new pirate.

With a fully mastered pirate you are in the range of getting it. I would say luck is the culprit but it's not super bad luck for such a rare item. You can get it much more easily by using Crash's technique of maxing cannon and sailing way ahead of other weapons, this would prevent many of the other famed that you got from dropping and give you a much higher chance at the famed sailing loot only items. Of course that would only work with a new pirate.
I was unaware of this technique, thanks!

I was unaware of this technique, thanks!
I've seen that technique used for swords too. It will work if you really want a few specific items that are famed and are of the same type. Many ppl don't even unlock the other weapons until they get what they are after. As you unlock and level the other weapons the famed drops will become more random. I've often wondered if it works for legendary swords but I suspect that it doesn't because they are all but one swords, meaning almost all legendary drops are swords anyway.

Last edited:
Back