Is a War Brig worth it?

Is the War Brig worth it's price? (Your Opinion)

• Yes

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters

Shipkidd

Buccaneer
I have recently purchased a War Brig. And I am honestly not satisfied with its performance. But mind you I don't have upgrades besides sail color and emblem. I was hit by 1 regular shot from a navy ferret and I could see my health go down way more then 1 Lightning Shot! What I don't like about it:
1: Doesn't hit much on broadsides ( my opinion )
2: Shoots Past enemy ships with its broadsides
3: Cost is too much for its performance.
4: Health goes to quickly, like a Sloop.
5: With the War Galleon, you have good amount of health, and broadsides hits about a 500 and the War Brig hits a 300.
What I like:
1: The speeds not that bad.
2: Size.
3: When its upgraded its good.
4. When people are on board, it's good too.

Do you Agree?

I completely agree. If you go on public ships that are upgraded war brigs then you will see. But I think that you just don't have the upgrades.

I definitely need upgrades lol.
I keep spending gold. I just bought a new War Galleon and War Frigate and still haven't upgraded my War Brig, which is what I need to upgrade. I need to restrain myself from spending gold

Yes. I have every kind of upgraded war brig except storm chaser war brig. That is my next ship to build.

One thing that I completely agree about though is the war brig broadsides missing their targets moreso than any other ship out there.

For some reason the war brig does, on a pretty consistent basis, miss (or partially miss) it's broadside targets. When I say that, I mean given ten broadside attacks, it will miss or partially miss its target at least three out of those ten times (per my experience and the experience of many others I've spoken with) unless ALMOST on a near ninety degree angle or parallel. Dunno why.......

My war frigates or galleons or sloops very rarely miss their mark unless at an EXTREME angle.

On this point we surely agree.

But overall imo, yes they are worth the expense to have and upgrade and sail.

It's not the ship's fault if the hp is going down... Mine did very well when I first bought it, it just depends on how you sail it. It's a SnB now and it's possibly the best ship I've ever owned. Also not the ship's fault if the broadsides are weak. Get a steel ram if you don't already have one and max out round shot and broadsides.
Overall, it's a good ship. There also won't be any NPCs with the same ship, either...

I definitely need upgrades lol.
I keep spending gold. I just bought a new War Galleon and War Frigate and still haven't upgraded my War Brig, which is what I need to upgrade. I need to restrain myself from spending gold
try bounty trading it gets me ALOT of gold

i still personally love war frigates better, i should have not got rid of it and got a war brig. War brig isn't worth it to me

The War Brig is not a ship for a casual sailor. Its armor placement is different then a galleon, sloop or frigate. The broadsides require proper alignment at a near 90 degree angle to ensure consistent hits. Any server lag and ye will miss if ye do not have a good sight alignment.

I have a war brig in every special hull upgrade. I favor them over all ship classes now, for plunder sailing. In SvS it depends on a few factors, but I enjoy sailing them still.

I do not recommend War Brigs to new pirates. They are a hard ship to get the most out of. For a new pirate I recommend a War Frigate. War Frigates have the most forgiving broadsides to aim, and armor where ye are hit the most.

My favorite hull upgrade for a War Brig is the Copperhead. Ye have the speed of a stock War Frigate, and broadside power of multiple Thor's Hammers. I can solo hunters and warships with my level 6 Copperhead War Brig. I love to take a crew of basic members and do a full materials run.

The War Brig is not a ship for a casual sailor. Its armor placement is different then a galleon, sloop or frigate. The broadsides require proper alignment at a near 90 degree angle to ensure consistent hits. Any server lag and ye will miss if ye do not have a good sight alignment.

I have a war brig in every special hull upgrade. I favor them over all ship classes now, for plunder sailing. In SvS it depends on a few factors, but I enjoy sailing them still.

I do not recommend War Brigs to new pirates. They are a hard ship to get the most out of. For a new pirate I recommend a War Frigate. War Frigates have the most forgiving broadsides to aim, and armor where ye are hit the most.

My favorite hull upgrade for a War Brig is the Copperhead. Ye have the speed of a stock War Frigate, and broadside power of multiple Thor's Hammers. I can solo hunters and warships with my level 6 Copperhead War Brig. I love to take a crew of basic members and do a full materials run.
I totally agree

War brigs, they might cost you your booty a fortune but at the end ye will always be smiling. I mean I have the skull and bones upgrade for my war brig but I'm going to change it to copperhead why? Simply bc the copperhead weither you are on a mat run or a gold run it's multi purpose and packs a punch to any enemy ship even in SvS, so yes a war brig is worth it w/ a copperhead or any upgrade you choose :D

The broadside beam of the Brig is quite flawed, but i have noticed that the other ship's broadsides are not as accurate when you fire at speed as they used to be.

As for the Brig, 4 words.

Junk in the Trunk

Only the slow as Christmas War Galleon holds more cargo, and we all know the galleon's deck gun limits, broadside issues and bow weakness.

Back