Is a War Brig worth it?

Is the War Brig worth it's price? (Your Opinion)

• Yes

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Personally I think it's worth it. I have one and its fine, of course doesn't beat my copperhead though.
Might want to consider the all the materials and gold you have to gather if you want to upgrade it. Took me a bit more effort to upgraded it rank 6. It's pretty good if you make it a copperhead, I have it as a Fortune Hunter for materials, just because War Galleon are pretty slow. I totally recommend getting it. All around a decent ship. ;)

Can't even remember the price... wasn't it 40k or something? Eh, I guess it's worth it, but that brings me to another Disney fail... they need to raise the money cap. Maxed out is like 200k...

WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY A WAR BRIG:

First of all, let's compare the ship statics!

Comparing a War Brig and a War Frigate!

War Brig:
Armor: 12,000
Sails: 11,00
Cannons: 12
Broadsides: 24
Cargo: 16
Crew: 16
Cost: 80,000 gold

Now let's compare a War Frigate:

Armor: 12,600
Sails: 12,000
Cannons: 14
Broadsides: 20
Crew: 12
Cost: 60,000

So as you can see the War Frigate is way better than War Brig! So why to spend 20,000 more to get an useless Ship?

WHAT I RECOMMEND:(As you all know you can have in your possession up to three ships.)

Ships to buy:

War Sloop (Streamlined Upgrade III, then Storm Chaser VI Upgrade!)
War Galleon (Reinforced III Upgrade, then either Copperhead, Skull & Bones [VI upgrade], you choose!)
War Frigate (Cargo III Upgrade, then Skull & Bones VI)

NOTE: I recommened you to buy War galleon because it's known to have pretty good armor! So if you upgrade it, you will never get sunk!
Tell me if this post helped you!

War Brig makes 360 turn in 23-24 sec War Frigate takes 26 sec= War Brig wins and can escape more attacks as well as chase targets better
War Brig much faster Speed,than Frigate
War Brig has far better view of crew ,than Frigate, so you can see noobs shooting harpoons.
War Brig has almost same armor as War Frigate and has 4 more Broadsides.. frigate do miss cannonballs also
To hit target with War Brig you need to shoot on angle of 75 degrees left way so back of your ship is closer to enemy
I have never missed full broadsides.
Yes War Brig is very expensive and could be cheaper , but it is the best ships ever.

It's not the ship's fault if the hp is going down... Mine did very well when I first bought it, it just depends on how you sail it.
Very true, I used to HATE this ship because of it's broadsides but now after playing with it more, I prefer it over the War Frigate albeit for it's extravagantly pricy nature. You have to learn to sail each ship because not every ship is the same. If you learn to sail the War Sloop (it's broadside arrangement is similar to the Brig) then when you decide to invest into a Brig it'll be easier for you to get used to it.

War Brigs are certainly "worth it". I buy and sell them all the time to free up gold space, since it seems I'm always maxed on gold. In fact, I have one I only use to sell at 40K and then buy back at 80K just for that end.
If you play the game right, gold should never be an issue, as you'll always have enough or too much.
As far as ships go for sailing, it has the potential to be by far the best ship in the game, depending on the upgrades.
I find the level 6 storm chaser and copperhead war brigs to be superior to all other variants of those upgrades.
Your mileage may vary, so as you play the game, try experimenting with different items, exploring, etc.
Savor it!

I personally like the war brigs turn rate over the war galleons. It's base version was already better than my tier 6 fortune hunter war galleon.

And I am just doing lots of runs now to get the gold to get it to the fortune hunter tiers. Since I got plenty of mats to get it done. Just not the gold.

WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY A WAR BRIG:

First of all, let's compare the ship statics!

Comparing a War Brig and a War Frigate!

War Brig:
Armor: 12,000
Sails: 11,00
Cannons: 12
Broadsides: 24
Crew: 16
Cost: 80,000 gold

Now let's compare a War Frigate:

Armor: 12,600
Sails: 12,000
Cannons: 14
Broadsides: 20
Crew: 12
Cost: 60,000

So as you can see the War Frigate is way better than War Brig! So why to spend 20,000 more to get an useless Ship?

WHAT I RECOMMEND:(As you all know you can have in your possession up to three ships.)

Ships to buy:

War Sloop (Streamlined Upgrade III, then Storm Chaser VI Upgrade!)
War Galleon (Reinforced III Upgrade, then either Copperhead, Skull & Bones [VI upgrade], you choose!)
War Frigate (Cargo III Upgrade, then Skull & Bones VI)

NOTE: I recommened you to buy War galleon because it's known to have pretty good armor! So if you upgrade it, you will never get sunk!

Tell me if this post helped you!
Good point but an advantage to the war brig is that you can hold 4 more people which allows you to have every cannon on one side filled while the rest repair or if you're doing an afk run you can hold more people and shoot out 4 more cannon balls which combined allows for a more pleasant. If you were to have a skull and bones VI you could potentially shoot out all fury and the larger your broadside the more fury you can shoot at once, and if you combine that with max fury and open fire you can destroy most ships extremely quickly.

Good point but an advantage to the war brig is that you can hold 4 more people which allows you to have every cannon on one side filled while the rest repair or if you're doing an afk run you can hold more people and shoot out 4 more cannon balls which combined allows for a more pleasant. If you were to have a skull and bones VI you could potentially shoot out all fury and the larger your broadside the more fury you can shoot at once, and if you combine that with max fury and open fire you can destroy most ships extremely quickly.
My opinions and thoughts have changed ever since 2013. Apparently, it does happen for me to own a War Brig whereas I don't have a War Frigate.

If you ask me now, all I can tell you is that every vessel has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's all a matter of perspective and it comes down to the way a player chooses to experience this game. I sympathize with your remarks, thank you for sharing! :)

Back