Is a war frigate good for svs?

What do you think the best ship class is for svs?

• Total voters

Matthew {Ben}

Pirate Apprentice
I was just wondering you people's thoughts about this. Is a war frigate good for svs, I have a war brig and I might also buy a war frigate once i'm done upgrading my war brig.

i see alot of war frigates and war sloops so i gues they are pretty good i mostly use a war sloop or my war brig as well i think it just depends on the person

The ship ye choose for SvS depends on how ye plan to SvS. The War Sloop is the best ship to use with a crew. Choose a hull upgrade that compliments your sailing and cannon skill point allotments. Most war frigates used in SvS are sailed solo or with small crews. Same goes for War Brigs.

If ye plan to mainly SvS solo a War Frigate will do well in either the Stormchaser, or Copperhead. The Copper head is snail slow, so be warned. Do not chose a Copperhead head unless ye have maxed the following cannon and sail skills: Cannon - round, barrage, explosives. Sail - broadsides left right.

Good Luck Matey!

The ship ye choose for SvS depends on how ye plan to SvS. The War Sloop is the best ship to use with a crew. Choose a hull upgrade that compliments your sailing and cannon skill point allotments. Most war frigates used in SvS are sailed solo or with small crews. Same goes for War Brigs.

If ye plan to mainly SvS solo a War Frigate will do well in either the Stormchaser, or Copperhead. The Copper head is snail slow, so be warned. Do not chose a Copperhead head unless ye have maxed the following cannon and sail skills: Cannon - round, barrage, explosives. Sail - broadsides left right.

Good Luck Matey!
I definitely agree. It all depends on your strategy.

War Sloop is the best if you are looking to use its speed as an advantage. The War Brig and War Frigate both have stronger hulls than the sloop, so if you're looking for a ship that can take more damage, I would go with one of those. As for the War Galleon, it is possible to SvS with that, but being that it is pretty slow, I wouldn't recommend it.

The Benefit of having a war sloop is that its harder to hit because its hull isn't as big, and its crazy fast. The wb, wf, and wg have massive hull's that are easier to hit.

The Benefit of having a war sloop is that its harder to hit because its hull isn't as big, and its crazy fast. The wb, wf, and wg have massive hull's that are easier to hit.
A war sloop is a good option, but this particular ship has smaller broadsides. The War Frigate and War Brig have stronger hulls than the War Sloop, lasting longer in when right in the action. War Sloops are good if you're using a hit and run strategy, but if you're going for more of a right in the action strategy, I would suggest a larger, stronger ship, with stronger hulls and larger broadsides, such as a War Brig or War Frigate.

I hate it when people run, But when me and my friends get together on the Floundering Mermaid( Maggie Heartsilver) We tear up all of SvS. We launch SO MUCH FURY!

War Frigate is great if you can get a full crew to man the cannons and they have fury.
I remember going out on my War Frigate, the Black Rose and doing pretty well half the time :)

In short, like a friend told me once, If you want to ' stay alive longer ' you get war sloop with stormchaser, If you want to sink fast get either brig or frigate :)

Definitely War Sloop.
I also used my sloop Golden Lion in svs too. Because its little and easier too run away. But if your playing with ships like the sloop kind you need a good crew. If you don't have a crew and any tactics other ships will sink you

War Frigates in SvS means you'd better have some good gunnies. You won't have the speed to keep up with turn like the sloops. But a Copperhead Frigate can take a pounding and unleash hell with their explosive broadsides.

You are better off purchasing a War Sloop. They cream other ships LIKE A BOSS!!!

No, but really they have the least amount of guns, but they are fast, and you can make up for it by using strong ammo.

Btw I was kidding about the War Galleon rofl, I used my War Sloop

Back