is it true disney is getting rid of the desktop launcher?

is disney getting rid of the desktop launcher?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not. I can't play on the browser mode right now. I can't log into Pirates Online or any Disney sites on the internet.

Not really sure mate, but I would assume they are since they removed the link to DL it from the main page. Dont take my word for it though.

Yes.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/disney-phases-out-launcher.1708/
https://piratesforums.co/threads/how-to-download-the-game.2065/#post-34952

The browser version opens up a larger market to them, and since they view it as compatible across their existing market, they have no reason to dedicate resources to supporting the launcher any further. Support will not be completely dropped until launcher users become the minority.

Yes Disney sent me a email and said they are replacing it with the browser.,but for now you can continue
to use launcher. Don't uninstall it like i did. Lucky for me i had copied it to my documents so i still had it.
I did not like the browser version. It has terrible lag.

Yes.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/disney-phases-out-launcher.1708/
https://piratesforums.co/threads/how-to-download-the-game.2065/#post-34952

The browser version opens up a larger market to them, and since they view it as compatible across their existing market, they have no reason to dedicate resources to supporting the launcher any further. Support will not be completely dropped until launcher users become the minority.

WHAT, sorry davy i am just tired i need a nap, you are not only cute, but your just to smart too,..., i leave you a pm tomorrow and talk to you about this, ok?:oops:

I think yes they are trying to "phase it out." Reason is they want to push as many as possible to use the browser version. However, I dont think they will force those that alreayd have the launcher to use only the browser.

Now, I could be wrong. If I am wrong and the launcher one day is not working for me, I'll be extremely mad. The day that they force everyone to use the browser will be POTCO's death. Mark my words here. There are too many negatives as a player when using the browser... too long to download game, have to download game very time you play, too much lag, graphics sux, . . . If they do this, POTCO will be flooded with constant e-mails, live chat and phone calls complaining about some problem with something. It will kill the game.

I think yes they are trying to "phase it out." Reason is they want to push as many as possible to use the browser version. However, I dont think they will force those that alreayd have the launcher to use only the browser.

Now, I could be wrong. If I am wrong and the launcher one day is not working for me, I'll be extremely mad. The day that they force everyone to use the browser will be POTCO's death. Mark my words here. There are too many negatives as a player when using the browser... too long to download game, have to download game very time you play, too much lag, graphics sux, . . . If they do this, POTCO will be flooded with constant e-mails, live chat and phone calls complaining about some problem with something. It will kill the game.

I agree... I can not stand to use the browser. It does take forever and I have ENOUGH lag using the launcher but playing the game through the browser kills me. Blah@Disney :skullpeak:

browser- (for me) lag, bad graphics, run time error, p3dyetc., horrible gameplay, 2 hours for 1 update

launcher- (for me) high graphics, no lag even on abassa, fast updates, no runtime error, no crashing, easy access
EDIT (Apr 13, 2011 1:58 AM):
the whole point of that... is that browser sucks. the end.

Big time!

It was first released that Disney would be stop giving updates to The Pirates Launcher. It has recently been discovered that this was changed after a series of e-mails sent to Disney. They are now planning to keep updates heading to the Pirates Online Launcher. If you check the phase files or just log on. They are updating again. I believe the major "crash" or down time for test and for live was Disney reestablishing the updates to the Pirates Launcher.

Well, I knew that Disney would be flooded with a lot of negative responses to them getting rid of the launcher. It should be out choice as to which we want to use. The creation of playing the game in browser did make it easier for us to be able to log in on anyone's computer that does not have the launcher. But game play is so much better on launcher and everyone who has been playing since before the browser version was created knows this. I'm glad so many pirates took a stand against what would have been and epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back