Question Is my Fury Damage is Bugged?

Piratesumo

Swashbuckler
So I maxed out my Fury ammo in my Cannon skills. I was talking to another pirate today and he said his fury does around 1000 to 2000 damage. I even looked up fury ammo on fandom and it even says it there https://piratesonline.fandom.com/wiki/Fury .
Right now my skills for cannon are as seen below:
Cannon lvl 26
Lvl
Skill Name Statistics
5 - Shoot (Rate of Fired increased by 160%)
5 - Round Shot (360-720 damage)
5 - Thunder Bolt (660-1320 damage)
5 - Fury (720-1440 damage)
2 - Rapid Reload (Reload speed increased by 12%)
5 - Barrage (Increased damage by 25%)

So you're implying the damage for FURY used in TLOPO is set too low?

So you're implying the damage for FURY used in TLOPO is set too low?
No, I am implying that my damage is lower than other people with the same maxed out skills as me. I said there was people who have fury damage around 1000 to 2000, while mine is 720-1440. Even on the fandom page it said at lvl 5 fury is supposed to be "1035 to 2070".

No, I am implying that my damage is lower than other people with the same maxed out skills as me. I said there was people who have fury damage around 1000 to 2000, while mine is 720-1440. Even on the fandom page it said at lvl 5 fury is supposed to be "1035 to 2070".
idk. Would be nice to understand what's up. Hopefully other pirates here can comment too and be of help. ;)

Ahoy @Piratesumo

What is your current Notoriety level, and what is the level of the player you were speaking to?

EDIT: Damage from cannons are calculated firstly by the independent values of the actual shot being emitted from the barrel, secondarily taken into account by cannon ram values that may increase it. After that, your %Damage increase from Barrage is added, and finally your Skill level (In your case, 26) and your pirate notoriety is taken into account to add together your total damage value against a target, without even taking into account the ship's armor on each of the three areas on the hull.

(I don't have a finite answer to which numbers are taken priority first, but I do know that they are all added together for the total value in some capacity.)

The likeliest scenario that you encountered is that the pirate you were speaking to was an entirely maxed out pirate, as opposed to your lack of maxed out cannoneering, and I could only imagine Notoriety. Also, as a Disclaimer, the damage values on the PiratesOnline Wikia are taken in recording of a Level 50 Pirate with maxed out Cannoneering and all 5 points allocated to the ammunition and Barrage skill, see here:

Last edited:
Ahoy @Piratesumo

What is your current Notoriety level, and what is the level of the player you were speaking to?

EDIT: Damage from cannons are calculated firstly by the independent values of the actual shot being emitted from the barrel, secondarily taken into account by cannon ram values that may increase it. After that, your %Damage increase from Barrage is added, and finally your Skill level (In your case, 26) and your pirate notoriety is taken into account to add together your total damage value against a target, without even taking into account the ship's armor on each of the three areas on the hull.

(I don't have a finite answer to which numbers are taken priority first, but I do know that they are all added together for the total value in some capacity.)

The likeliest scenario that you encountered is that the pirate you were speaking to was an entirely maxed out pirate, as opposed to your lack of maxed out cannoneering, and I could only imagine Notoriety. Also, as a Disclaimer, the damage values on the PiratesOnline Wikia are taken in recording of a Level 50 Pirate with maxed out Cannoneering and all 5 points allocated to the ammunition and Barrage skill, see here:

Ok that makes sense now

Notoriety is 28, I was talking to a lvl 40. Though I dont remember your Notoriety lvl effecting damage skill wise like that. Only if the enemy is higher lvl of course.
As Misha has pointed out, notoriety does increase damage and is likely the factor here. It actually directly affects the damage range that you can see on each attack on your skill tree and increases by about 3 times from level 1 to 50. You are right that red and yellow land enemies make pirates deal less damage (3.33% per level up to 1/3 less damage).

You can also affect cannon damage with skill upgrades on grenades. If you upgrade the damage area effect then the amount of damage done by cannons will increase accordingly.

@Cadeus Sorry to say, but you are incorrect. Cannon Damage is not directly influenced by any Grenade skill. The opposite is true however, when looking at Barrage, as it increases both Grenade and Cannon Damage.

See below, I retrained to test your claim and can confirm that the damage was not effected whatsoever by the Demolitions skill.

All other parameters are exactly identical.

@Cadeus Sorry to say, but you are incorrect. Cannon Damage is not directly influenced by any Grenade skill. The opposite is true however, when looking at Barrage, as it increases both Grenade and Cannon Damage.

See below, I retrained to test your claim and can confirm that the damage was not effected whatsoever by the Demolitions skill.

All other parameters are exactly identical.

Yeah thats what I was thinking too, it only says area of effect. So if area of effect is like 10yrds circumference, maybe 1 skill point increases it by 10% (random number) so now its 11yrds, but same damage. I could assume that this would only affect the grape shot ammo and the Shrapnel skill, dont quote me on that though just a guess.

I'm pretty sure that you are the exact same guy I was talking to yesterday. You asked why my cannon did 1010 - 2020 damage and I'm pretty sure like the other guy said was that because my pirate is level 48 with maxed stats.

I'm pretty sure that you are the exact same guy I was talking to yesterday. You asked why my cannon did 1010 - 2020 damage and I'm pretty sure like the other guy said was that because my pirate is level 48 with maxed stats.
Yea I know, he helped show me above. Nice to see you on here though

Back