Is the cannon powder shine gone from CD already?

squintz

Pirate Lord
Is the thrill of the cannon recoil ebbing from cannon defense already? I rarely find full teams now on the full ocean even on Royal.
Has CD come about and playing more solidly?
I'm still getting kicked on a regular basis, but a little further into the waves it seems. And I still get no where with my cannon levels.

I've only been a couple or three times. Too often the exploding barrels come in at impossible angles and I spend too much time on my back. A game of frustration is not entertaining for me. Sure I'd like some better cannon rams ... but it's up there with invasions of grenadiers ... not much point in showing up

I would love to play CD more. But getting booted from this mini game every time you play just to come back and start at level one cannon at a higher wave is more than frustrating, especially when several of us have this happen within a really short period of time. Having 2-3 of the 4 pirates starting over again at the same time at level one makes it very hard to get high enough into the game to get the better rams.

Yeah, the crashing and restarting from level 1 is just really annoying, esp if you crash then come back and someone has taken your spot.
I really like CD, but its just frustrating.

CD seems to have an unusually high crash rate for some reason. I never crash outside of CD, but in CD, i always crash before I hit lv 13 on my cannon.

Last edited:
I would love to play CD more. But getting booted from this mini game every time you play just to come back and start at level one cannon at a higher wave is more than frustrating, especially when several of us have this happen within a really short period of time. Having 2-3 of the 4 pirates starting over again at the same time at level one makes it very hard to get high enough into the game to get the better rams.
Kind of a case of someone giving in to the constant begging just to pacify people and keep them occupied but knowing the project wasn't really ready for prime time.

I'm not a game marketer or developer, so I don't know the wisdom of releasing something before it's time to relieve the community pressures only to get backlash trying to be accommodating and responsive to the community. Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

I think it's true that one can never make everyone happy.

gl

Kind of a case of someone giving in to the constant begging just to pacify people and keep them occupied but knowing the project wasn't really ready for prime time.

I'm not a game marketer or developer, so I don't know the wisdom of releasing something before it's time to relieve the community pressures only to get backlash trying to be accommodating and responsive to the community. Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

I think it's true that one can never make everyone happy.

gl
Yes, quite a few beg for new stuff, like the new island. But it is better to be patient and wait for something that will work right than all the time pressuring for something to be done now. I believe the devs do the best they can, especially doing it on their own time and with their own money. I will gladly wait longer for things to be brought into the game to have it work better. Of course we all know somethings will only be realized when it is put into the game. But I think you may be on to something. They do get pressured to bring in new material. Most of us are not developers or know how to make a game so we should be even more patient because we don't completely understand what all goes into making a game.

Back