Question Is there a way to farm for the burnt Staff?

JRamPirate13

Sea Legs
I recently did the Raven's Cove quest and received the staff, but I accidentally deleted it. I know there's no way to redo the quest, but is there a way I can farm for it?

You cannot. Quest items are not obtainable anymore after you delete them and the burtn staff is only obtainable through the raven cove quest.
Could this be something the admins could help with? They can check his account and see that it's the truth. Although the admins may not want to get involved correcting normal mistakes for thousands of players.

Now see, if we had trading or auctions, this wouldn't be a problem. One thing that would be helpful is a 'buy back' option for the selling process. The items would stay in a holding inventory until you log out for that session, then they would go away. Many other games have this feature and has saved me numerous times.

I agree with you, TLOPO should have a trading/buy back feature. That being said, I don't want the admins to get involved. I guess I'll just have to deal with not having the weapon unfortunately. Thank you both for your feedback.

Maybe we can meet in-game someday.

Could this be something the admins could help with? They can check his account and see that it's the truth. Although the admins may not want to get involved correcting normal mistakes for thousands of players.
I haven't seen it happening before but I simply wouldn't be able to tell you. I imagine that others have been denied in the past of such a request so it would be unfair to the others if lets say @JRamPirate13 gets his item back. If he gets his item back then so should everyone else and vice versa. It will turn into a gigantic cluster that nobody (I guess?) is waiting for.

It rarely happens that people trash any good rare items but a system to count on when this happens would surely be great. Something among the lines of a buyback system or a team focused on dealing with refund requests or so. It would make sense and be good to have something like this in the future but who knows how long it will take for that moment.

No staff of a level above common can be looted in the game, I hope it will stay that way. My hope is that the developers will hold to the tradition of better staves being only obtained through purchase or quest. Of course The Staff of Lava will likely be available again when Hollowed Woods opens on Halloween, it's the Burnt Staff on steroids, so, rather than trying to get the Burnt Staff I recommend that you go after that one. If you really want the Burnt Staff you will need to beg the developers and I hope they will reject you to be honest.

I haven't seen it happening before but I simply wouldn't be able to tell you. I imagine that others have been denied in the past of such a request so it would be unfair to the others if lets say @JRamPirate13 gets his item back. If he gets his item back then so should everyone else and vice versa. It will turn into a gigantic cluster that nobody (I guess?) is waiting for.

It rarely happens that people trash any good rare items but a system to count on when this happens would surely be great. Something among the lines of a buyback system or a team focused on dealing with refund requests or so. It would make sense and be good to have something like this in the future but who knows how long it will take for that moment.
I think a lock feature in your inventory, where you could lock select items from being deleted, would be an excellent idea. I once accidentally deleted a db Cotton Jacket and was quite upset over the loss. Such a feature could be toggled on and off for each item in your inventory and when locked you could move it around and equip it but not delete or sell it. Unlocked items would, of course, be just as they are now.

No staff of a level above common can be looted in the game, I hope it will stay that way. My hope is that the developers will hold to the tradition of better staves being only obtained through purchase or quest. Of course The Staff of Lava will likely be available again when Hollowed Woods opens on Halloween, it's the Burnt Staff on steroids, so, rather than trying to get the Burnt Staff I recommend that you go after that one. If you really want the Burnt Staff you will need to beg the developers and I hope they will reject you to be honest.
Thanks, I'll keep an aye out.

I think a lock feature in your inventory, where you could lock select items from being deleted, would be an excellent idea. I once accidentally deleted a db Cotton Jacket and was quite upset over the loss. Such a feature could be toggled on and off for each item in your inventory and when locked you could move it around and equip it but not delete or sell it. Unlocked items would, of course, be just as they are now.
How about instead of locking things and maybe making it more complicated, there's an auto check feature that simply checks to see if an item you drop into the vendors slot pops up with "this is a rare or better item, do you want to sell it? It would only pop up on those three item ID's no matter what they are and nothing else.
Don't know the most economical way of coding this, but adding another nano second of a if/then/else routine maybe isn't too complicated.

The staves are woefully nerfed anyway, so it's all relative to whatever was left as far as destructive power in them at this point.
I went and got the burning "pumpkin" staff last Halloween and it was only fractionally better than the basic starter staff and not really worth the effort to do all it took to get it.
Once staff is un-nerfed, then yeah, it'll be cool (hot) again.
Also, the gypsy by Darkhart used to have unique, powerful staves that were only found at her cart, and very expensive.
Maybe one day we can bring them back too?

How about instead of locking things and maybe making it more complicated, there's an auto check feature that simply checks to see if an item you drop into the vendors slot pops up with "this is a rare or better item, do you want to sell it? It would only pop up on those three item ID's no matter what they are and nothing else.
Don't know the most economical way of coding this, but adding another nano second of a if/then/else routine maybe isn't too complicated.
oops, that was way off topic, sorry.
I think the OP's original question has been aswered.

And Crash are you talking about the fame lava staff? With the burning skull? It's the most powerful weapon I have on my belt, bar none.

oops, that was way off topic, sorry.
I think the OP's original question has been aswered.

And Crash are you talking about the fame lava staff? With the burning skull? It's the most powerful weapon I have on my belt, bar none.
You mean to tell me it's not a burning pumpkin?!?

The staves are woefully nerfed anyway, so it's all relative to whatever was left as far as destructive power in them at this point.
I went and got the burning "pumpkin" staff last Halloween and it was only fractionally better than the basic starter staff and not really worth the effort to do all it took to get it.
Once staff is un-nerfed, then yeah, it'll be cool (hot) again.
Also, the gypsy by Darkhart used to have unique, powerful staves that were only found at her cart, and very expensive.
Maybe one day we can bring them back too?
Do you mean to say the most powerful staff from potco, The Tribal Chief Staff, is not available? I had that in potco and it was just as powerful as the "burning pumpkin" in potco in terms of being able to take South Idol and the Bridge in 2 casts. Even though the Staff of Lava has better stats.

Do you mean to say the most powerful staff from potco, The Tribal Chief Staff, is not available? I had that in potco and it was just as powerful as the "burning pumpkin" in potco in terms of being able to take South Idol and the Bridge in 2 casts. Even though the Staff of Lava has better stats.
At the correct position and angle on the bridge, I take out all 4 enemies with just one shot of my lava. Same in the thrall pool by the hollows.
You mean to tell me it's not a burning pumpkin?!?
Actually it looks more like a burning kiwi fruit slice to me. If it wasn't for the skull image I'd think I was playing with fruit on a stick.

At the correct position and angle on the bridge, I take out all 4 enemies with just one shot of my lava. Same in the thrall pool by the hollows.

Actually it looks more like a burning kiwi fruit slice to me. If it wasn't for the skull image I'd think I was playing with fruit on a stick.
I actually thought it was a pumpkin, you know, Halloween and all, but I looked at it again and it's not.
But it's still way cool.
But I have to say that siege charges are the most powerful weapon in my belt currently as far as quick kills go. That and maybe a few pistols.

Trading would be nice to have but if we had trading and auctions I believe that the economy would be screwed or we would have level 1's running around with cursed blades.
That's a possible point but I doubt it as the game still has level requirements for item use, so who cares if my level 5 has a cursed, I can't use it yet. However, I CAN sell it to someone who can. And there's just one of the benefits of a trade market.

I think it's totally my business whether a buy a item or earn an item in tlopo as my conduct with my inventory does not effect or impact a single thing in the game world or other players. My buying or earning adds or subtracts zilch, zero, zippo to another players experience. IN PVE ONLY!!!!
Thus, in PVE, it's no ones bloody business what I do with MY STUFF!

I actually thought it was a pumpkin, you know, Halloween and all, but I looked at it again and it's not.
But it's still way cool.
But I have to say that siege charges are the most powerful weapon in my belt currently as far as quick kills go. That and maybe a few pistols.
You crazy? It looks like an egg of lava to me and the name is suggestive but pumpkin is also a descriptive if not derogatory term for it. Honestly I like that staff quite well and liked the bone grind required to get it.

Back