is this computer good?

corey

Pirate Lord
im looking at getting a new computer. the little i do know about computers drew me to this one. is it any good?
Processor AMD A6-3650 2.6GHz APU
64 bit Quad-Core ProcessorProcessor Main Features

Cache Per Processor4MB L2 Cache

Memory 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333
Hard Drive 1 TB ( 1 x 1 TB) SATA-III 6.0 Gb/s 7200RPM
Optical Drive 1 24x DVD±R/±RW Dual Layer Drive
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB PCI-e Graphics Card (Performance At HD 6550D2 Crossfire Graphics by AMD Hybird Crossfire Technology)

Power Supply 450W
Chipset AMD A75
CPU
CPU Type​
A6-Series APU
CPU Speed​
A6-3650(2.6Hz)
L2 Cache Per CPU​
4MB
CPU Socket Type​
FM1
Graphics
GPU/VPU Type​
AMD Radeon HD 6450
Memory
Memory Capacity​
8GB DDR3
Memory Speed​
DDR3 1333
Form Factor​
DIMM 240-pin
Memory Spec​
4GB x 2
Hard Drive
HDD Capacity​
1TB
HDD Interface​
SATA III
HDD RPM​
7200rpm
Optical Drive
Optical Drive Type​
DVD±RW
Optical Drive Spec​
24x DVD±R/±RW Dual Layer DriveAudio
Audio Chipset​
Integrated
Audio Channels​
7.1 channelsCommunications
LAN Chipset​
Integrated
LAN Speed​
10/100/1000MbpsFront Panel Ports
Front USB​
2 x USB 2.0Back Panel Ports
PS/2​
Rear USB​
2 x USB 3.0
4 x USB 2.0
RJ45​
1 portExpansion
PCI Slots (Available/Total)​
2 x PCI-e 16x
1 x PCI-e 1x
1 x PCI
CPU Main Features​
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
i have no idea what any of that means.

Are you comparing 2 CPUs up there?

I see both have Quad-core processor, 8 GB memory, 1 Terabyte Harddrive, 6450 series Graphics card ... those are what I usually see. Very good. That DVD is decent. The rest are slots, to upgrade with more memories and a lot of plug ins for USB (mouse, speakers, web cam, printer, and all kinds of additional equipment).

Ok, basics first.

Quad-core means that it has 4 separate processors, capable of doing things separate of each other, and it also means it can process more bits at a time (I think?) Anyway, mine is a core-duo (2 cores instead of 4 like the one in question) and can handle the massive lag that comes from POTCO, up to the point where I can tell if lag is coming from my internet or if it's coming from the servers in POTCO. In my opinion, 4 is kinda overkill, but who knows what you do on there at the same time..?

RAM: Random Access Memory, this allows you to do multiple processes at the same time. The standard nowadays is 4 Gigabytes, but yours has 8.

Your hard-drive has 1 terabyte, which is nice, if you store tons of movies/games/software on the computer. Mine survives off of 400 Gigabytes, and there are 1024 Gigabytes in 1 Terabyte. Additionally, it has 7200 rpm, which translates into a very fast HD write speed. In other words, it can quickly store things if your RAM fails you, but it takes up a lot more energy.

no thats 1 computer jade

Ok, basics first.

Quad-core means that it has 4 separate processors, capable of doing things separate of each other, and it also means it can process more bits at a time (I think?) Anyway, mine is a core-duo (2 cores instead of 4 like the one in question) and can handle the massive lag that comes from POTCO, up to the point where I can tell if lag is coming from my internet or if it's coming from the servers in POTCO. In my opinion, 4 is kinda overkill, but who knows what you do on there at the same time..?

RAM: Random Access Memory, this allows you to do multiple processes at the same time. The standard nowadays is 4 Gigabytes, but yours has 8.

Your hard-drive has 1 terabyte, which is nice, if you store tons of movies/games/software on the computer. Mine survives off of 400 Gigabytes, and there are 1024 Gigabytes in 1 Terabyte. Additionally, it has 7200 rpm, which translates into a very fast HD write speed. In other words, it can quickly store things if your RAM fails you, but it takes up a lot more energy.
i think its overkill bc its a gaming computer

yes. im very antilag. as im sure we all are. but lately ive been looking into games that need computers like this to be smooth.

I am a fan of a great gaming computer, but I'm just an enthusiast, not an expert. Without knowing totally what you intend to be playing/doing with it...and what your budget is, I'll give you what I got. That being said this computer you are considering will definitely handle POTCO. You trounce the minimum requirments by a lot. Over 3x for that processor and being a quad core at that. 8 GB of RAM can handle just about anything you throw at it. That graphics card at 1 GB will certainly not even flinch to render POTCO. I will tell you though, that this is a "beginner" gaming computer as far as gaming computers go. It'll play almost any game you like, except if you play other graphically intense games you may and likely, will find it difficult to play them on high settings. I say that because the graphics card is an entry level grade, IMO it's a decent card...not a great card. The power supply seems to be a small capacity (as far as gaming PC's go). Again without knowing totally what you intend to be playing with it. I'd say this is a good PC, but were it me? I'd buy a different (better) graphics card and slap it in there. Because a better graphics card will make a world of difference, in both POTCO and any other game you like. My 2cents.

~Etar1pAI

i found this exact computer but 70 bucks less. only one difference. instead of 1 TB of HDD capacity it has 500 GB of HDD capacity. should i spend that extra 70 bucks?

First, I will say that with those qualities(which sound good but you may want to check with an expert before buying), the price seems not that bad. That type of computer will run good with any game on the market. BUT for POTCO it might not be as much help as in other games because POTCO has its own lag problems that come from servers, latency, etc. Since it's really cheap considering the parts of it, I think it's a good deal and it looks like a PC that will last you a long time.

Back