Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Bridge

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Shipwreck

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Robert Darkrage

Notorious Pirate
Regarding Tormenta I was wondering historically where has everyone looted more of their famed and/or legendaries. What is the percentage of famed and/or legendaries looted in specific areas inside Cursed Caves?

Wow. If someone has done the data collection, knowing percentages would be great. Just based on personal experience, I have gotten multiple skull chests in a row more against the larger enemies at Thrall room than anywhere else. Generally speaking, the higher the level of enemy, the greater chance for the good chests.

However, even in the best spots, it takes time to find the skull chests and even more time to find the better weapons or clothing. We are talking weeks or months not a few hours. (Never once found a black kilt). Focusing on finding legendary weapons can be frustrating because they are so rare. Focusing more on leveling or gold keeps the frustration away and a famed weapon becomes a nice surprise. :D

Nice poll ya got there Robert :)
I don't know how to answer your question though, all I can say is luck. I've looted nautilus in a pouch, barracuda at the place with spineskulls by the bridge, sharkfang and blightfang at the bridge, web in gold room on a friend's acct... I don't know really. Many of my famed and legendaries have been looted in Thralls and Bridge

Nice poll ya got there Robert :)
I don't know how to answer your question though, all I can say is luck. I've looted nautilus in a pouch, barracuda at the place with spineskulls by the bridge, sharkfang and blightfang at the bridge, web in gold room on a friend's acct... I don't know really. Many of my famed and legendaries have been looted in Thralls and Bridge
Ty :)

There are certain elements that increase the probability to get better loot like famed and legendaries. We know for a fact that monster level and also location are already encoded in the program.I think collecting more data could help finding more patterns within the game programming. I know that our collective experiences and mostly the more details of those experiences could help pinpoint certain patterns.
I really appreciate any positive feedback and everyone's input on this, more heads are always better than one... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has their own opinion on how the loot in POTCO is distributed. My personal opinion is that it is a series of random number generators. The first series determines a district/server to have a higher chance of better drops. The second determines what loot container drops from the enemy when they spawn. And the third determines what loot will be inside. Now I could be entirely wrong, but this is what I have seen through my looting, and seeing others loot.

So there are several ways, if you believe my theory, to get good loot. One, jump around servers and islands hoping to get lucky. Two, stay in one spot all day long and 75% chance at least one good thing will drop. Even that 75% chance means basically nothing because it's a chance; you still have to get lucky.

In my opinion this system is terrible. A small factor of luck is always good, but It's based purely on luck. This breaks the entire game. PvP is broken because of overpowered weapons that not everyone has, and the people who do just got lucky. There are no hard enemies if you have one of these overpowered weapons, and it makes it unfair for those who don't have them. Looting becomes easier with these weapons because you kill more enemies per second which increases your chances, because of more loot drops.

Everyone has their own opinion on how the loot in POTCO is distributed. My personal opinion is that it is a series of random number generators. The first series determines a district/server to have a higher chance of better drops. The second determines what loot container drops from the enemy when they spawn. And the third determines what loot will be inside. Now I could be entirely wrong, but this is what I have seen through my looting, and seeing others loot.

So there are several ways, if you believe my theory, to get good loot. One, jump around servers and islands hoping to get lucky. Two, stay in one spot all day long and 75% chance at least one good thing will drop. Even that 75% chance means basically nothing because it's a chance; you still have to get lucky.

In my opinion this system is terrible. A small factor of luck is always good, but It's based purely on luck. This breaks the entire game. PvP is broken because of overpowered weapons that not everyone has, and the people who do just got lucky. There are no hard enemies if you have one of these overpowered weapons, and it makes it unfair for those who don't have them. Looting becomes easier with these weapons because you kill more enemies per second which increases your chances, because of more loot drops.

That seems to be another pattern in the game, at any given time certain servers and/or districts have a higher chance of better drops (i.e. more skull chests). Thank you for pointing it out.
It would be interesting to see more opinions about this. More importantly what does everyone think is the reason behind it?

I like looting in the Gold Room and the Thrall Room. But I recommend the Gold Room since that's were most of my luck happens and the fat grenadiers are annoying to handle within the Thrall Room; Gold Room.

Considering that areas are monster specific, I'm wondering if looting mostly in one place like Gold Room for example affects your loot chances.

Wow. If someone has done the data collection, knowing percentages would be great. Just based on personal experience, I have gotten multiple skull chests in a row more against the larger enemies at Thrall room than anywhere else. Generally speaking, the higher the level of enemy, the greater chance for the good chests.

However, even in the best spots, it takes time to find the skull chests and even more time to find the better weapons or clothing. We are talking weeks or months not a few hours. (Never once found a black kilt). Focusing on finding legendary weapons can be frustrating because they are so rare. Focusing more on leveling or gold keeps the frustration away and a famed weapon becomes a nice surprise. :D

Brilliant! I just posted something in regards to the same thing! Focus on leveling and gold and when a good item drops its like a great prize in a cereal box!

I think all these are very valid ideas, most importantly to remember that it's a game and we need to enjoy it. If anything becomes frustrating just take a step back and change the approach or how you look at it. Find the right partner, switch weapons, locations, listen to music or jokes and/or focus on something else will lighten your mood before even realizing.:arrrrr:

I've found a cursed famed in every room but the bridge... we have a rocky relationship...I don't want to talk about it...

I found my legendary in the gold room... but, I think you statistically (as a level 50) have the highest chance of getting one in the thrall room because those enemies are all red for you and have a higher chance at dropping loot. When I found my legendary I was surrounded by lower level player who I think boosted our loot drop percentage, resulting in a skull chest that was just lucky enough to have a legendary in it.

http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Nicky's_Guide_to_Improving_Loot_Drops

Back