Island Review

Captian Fear

Pirate Master
:ahoy:Hi there mates! As we all know there is a dozen or so islands in the Caribbean and all are different from one and another. Some are great places for adventure and loot and other places are just patches of sand. I decided to rate some islands to give everyone a good idea on what islands are best. Feel free to post below.

1. Tortuga: This island is a good place to do some decent adventuring. It has a town, jungles, caves an a interesting history. I always loved Rat's Nest for some reason and having the Casa de Muertos involved makes the island feel a little more edgy. BUT the island is plague with many pirates who want to find crews, guilds or trouble. In some more popular servers Tortuga is the most obnoxious place on the Caribbean! Still it does hold some great memories for me so I wont be giving up on the island just yet.
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones::xbones::xbones:

2. Isla Perdida: This island is well... honestly I don't use it very much. I find it very pointless. All it does is harbor the crazed Scary Mary and a few wasps on steriods. This is possible to only reasons you need to go to the island:
-You need to speak to Scary Mary
-You want to fight the Hive Queen (there are better bosses)
-You need to maroon someone
-YOUR THAT BORED!!!
This island also gets annoying because it is the farthest west island in the Caribbean and sailing is a pain to get if you want to converse with Mary. Still it does give some reputation for anyone who chooses to level up on wasps.
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones:

3.Isla Tormenta: It's name send chills down your spine doesn't it? The island is home to a few cursed crewman and is easy accesed from Cuba. It is a good place to level up and keeps more advanced players entertained. The only problem I have with it, is that it should have more quests should be involved with it! And it wouldn't hurt to make it bigger...
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones::xbones::xbones::xbones::xbones:

4. Padres del Fuegeo: This island shows off a lot of the creativity of the POTC staff. It offers TWO towns, a jungle and a few interesting caves. This gives players of all level the chance to come here for fame and fortune. Perhaps the only bad thing is that it might be to big. If you landed at Padres you would have to go through all of the hard-to-navigate caves and a jungle of high level enemies. Wouldn't it be easier to just have the option to anchor on the other side? Overall, this island is still a good place to call home.
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones::xbones::xbones::xbones:

5. Raven's Cove: A ghostly island sound really cool right? Then why am I bored when I am on Raven Cove? The ghost only offer enemies to higher level enemies and a few caves and a town. This is the newest island in the Caribbean. Although it is new I still don't think it is that good. It just offers the same thing over and over again. Ghost, ghost and more...ghosts. Don't get me wrong I love the story behind it all but I don't think I lived up to the hype. Still, this is the first main island in a long time so that improves it a little.
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones::xbones::xbones:

Well thats all for now. Check in soon for more... or not:rumgone:

:ahoy:Hi there mates! As we all know there is a dozen or so islands in the Caribbean and all are different from one and another. Some are great places for adventure and loot and other places are just patches of sand. I decided to rate some islands to give everyone a good idea on what islands are best. Feel free to post below.

2. Isla Perdida: This island is well... honestly I don't use it very much. I find it very pointless. All it does is harbor the crazed Scary Mary and a few wasps on steriods. This is possible to only reasons you need to go to the island:
-You need to speak to Scary Mary
-You want to fight the Hive Queen (there are better bosses)
-You need to maroon someone
-YOUR THAT BORED!!!
This island also gets annoying because it is the farthest west island in the Caribbean and sailing is a pain to get if you want to converse with Mary. Still it does give some reputation for anyone who chooses to level up on wasps.
RATING (out of 5):
Well thats all for now. Check in soon for more... or not:rumgone:
I disagree about Isla Peridida. When I was in my 20's it was the best place to level up at. It was quiet, so I had it all to myself and there were high enough level enemies for me from level 17-26. Overall I think it should be at least :xbones::xbones::xbones:. I understand that you are a higher level and it is pretty much worthless for you, but do remember this is for ALL pirates.

I think it would be cool if you did Port Royal, Outcast Isle, the Spanish and French islands, and Kingshead. Nice post mate, and :iagree: about the other islands.

:ahoy:Hi there mates! Back with more reviews!

6. Rumrunner's Isle: Please note that this review was made request ;). First of all this island is a wild island so we know that nothing is very eyecatching. But it does make an apperance in the movies and offer low players a chance to level up. It remains true to the movies lore right down to the rum celler but all it is really eye candy. It's just your average run-of-the-mill pirate island and nothing about it really makes it special. But as said before, pirates do have a chance to level up in a safe enviroment so it doesn't totally feel useless.
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones::xbones:

More later...

i agree with most of the info given and yes it is true many of us haven't been below level 20 in an age i would guess.... so i think you are very good on your assesments of the islands Captain Fear i would like to see you do Cutthroat and Isla Congrejos as these i did hang out on for a long time (between lvl 15 to lvl 30ish) great post btw Captain Fear...looking forward to the Captain Fear's Guide to the Pirate Islands of the Carribean :D

:ahoy:Hi there mates! Here is more reviews!!!

7. Cutthroat Isle: The name gives us a feeling of dread and fear. Many different spanish undead enemies make this place their home. This island is a good place to level up because it offers levels for many medium level players. This is the only island to be full of Skeletons making it quite unique. There is now many problems with it and is still used by high level players as well as low level players.
RATING (out of 5):

8. Isla Cangrejos: This island is home to French Undead who fight with style unlike the savage Spanish. The island doesn't offer much besides the undead and a few crabs with no jungle unlike Cutthroat. Still this island is the only place to fight off the French soldiers so that makes up for it's small size. Also the quest Skeleton Infestation offer a player a lot of Notoriety in a sort amount of time.
RATING (out of 5):

9. Cuba: Oh boy :facepalm:. This island is disappointing. Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean (in real life). It was full of Spanish towns and forts. It was a pirates dream to sack the unsackable city of Havanna. But if a pirate arrives here (in the game) he or she will be so dissappointed. It offers a single tavern, a tattoo artist, shipwright and a dockworker. But what about the cool voodoo that Cuba is known for? Well Tia Dalma only in a few quests and there is only ONE (count 'em) ONE gypsy.
The only reason this island gets a rating is that it offers the most potions anywhere in the Caribbean. Also here you recieve Voodoo Dolls and Staffs.
RATING (out of 5):

10. Port Royal: This island is what the best main islands should be like. Easy to access, two of every kind of shop and every kind of enviroment imaginable. It offers many types of enemies and a great place to level up for small and medium level players. Fort Charles is the best place to defeat Navy soldiers for any quest. The only problem is that is just like Tortuga. Many players come here and crowd it but this is the most popular Port of Call so this can be predicted.
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones::xbones::xbones::xbones:1/2

11. Driftwood Isle: This wild island offers an okay place for low leveled pirates to level up. The shipwreck is a nice effect to the small sand patch. But again this island is not used by higher level players and other places can be used to level up. Still many quests are here including the always fun Father's Day quest.
RATING (out of 5):
:xbones::xbones:

More is coming!

:ahoy:Hi there mates!

12. Outcast Isle: This island is a pain if you have a quest to do here. This island is a long voyage there and is only home to two types of enemies. It's a good place to level up I guess if you are a decent level player but Isla Tormenta, Padres and other places are there waiting for you.
The only reason this island gets a little mercy with the rating is that it has one of the few easter eggs in the game; the Prison Dog.
What? I'm a sucker for a cute dog! *sigh* I'm getting soft....
:skullpeak: 1/2

I'm tired so thats all I can do before I pass out

MAD PROPS GOES TO:
:cannon:New smilie!

I disagree about Isla Peridida. When I was in my 20's it was the best place to level up at. It was quiet, so I had it all to myself and there were high enough level enemies for me from level 17-26. Overall I think it should be at least :xbones::xbones::xbones:. I understand that you are a higher level and it is pretty much worthless for you, but do remember this is for ALL pirates.

I think it would be cool if you did Port Royal, Outcast Isle, the Spanish and French islands, and Kingshead. Nice post mate, and :iagree: about the other islands.
on all my pirates out of all of them ive never lv at peridida its so far away from anything else and well... idk dark hart will give more rep and loot and hes so easy if u stand at a certain point he will only attack you with dagger also my favorite island has to be padres and tormenta
I think ravens cove deserves a 5 because its full of famed weapons.

i never get famed there... :/
9. Cuba: Oh boy :facepalm:. This island is disappointing. Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean (in real life). It was full of Spanish towns and forts. It was a pirates dream to sack the unsackable city of Havanna. But if a pirate arrives here (in the game) he or she will be so dissappointed. It offers a single tavern, a tattoo artist, shipwright and a dockworker. But what about the cool voodoo that Cuba is known for? Well Tia Dalma only in a few quests and there is only ONE (count 'em) ONE gypsy.
The only reason this island gets a rating is that it offers the most potions anywhere in the Caribbean. Also here you recieve Voodoo Dolls and Staffs.
RATING (out of 5):
ik r?? cuba should be like huge and go off the side of the map with like lots of towns on it

Great Post

I think you should add what level you should be on each island. Whether its Tortuga where any level is welcome or Tormenta where you shouldn't be there if your 35 and below.

captain fear, you always impress us
always entertaining and "TO THE POINT"
and the face gertures makes it more fun to look at :fish: :daggermouth::skullpeak::popcorn:

Cutthroat Island used to be one of my favorites, back in the old days there were stumps in cutthroat jungle and I spent hours and hours leveling weapons on them. There was also a great glitch there that offered a view of the waterfall

Back