Idea Island-Specific Combat Music

Bartholomew

Swashbuckler
If anyone plays with audio like I do they know that the same three tracks loop endlessly when going into combat, so I think it would be pretty cool to add combat music specific to what island you are on. Basically just like how every island has its own theme while out of combat, except every island will have its own theme while in combat. Not only will this break the monotony that the music stacks on to loot and Rep farming, but it will also encourage people to revisit the islands to hear what all the combat themes are.

I like that idea. How about boss themes too, like Darth Vader's in Star Wars? Each boss could have a unique sound track. Of course it would be difficult to get anything as awesome as Darth Vader's Theme but the original movie soundtrack is great, so, who knows...

Yeah, definitely. The challenge would be to find enough copyright-free scores that would work. Also if something like this were to be added, it would be way down the line in TLOPO's development, sadly.

Yeah, definitely. The challenge would be to find enough copyright-free scores that would work. Also if something like this were to be added, it would be way down the line in TLOPO's development, sadly.
Definitely a cool idea for the future. Yes, it's not something that should be a high priority at this point, more for an update when full release is here.

If anyone plays with audio like I do they know that the same three tracks loop endlessly when going into combat, so I think it would be pretty cool to add combat music specific to what island you are on. Basically just like how every island has its own theme while out of combat, except every island will have its own theme while in combat. Not only will this break the monotony that the music stacks on to loot and Rep farming, but it will also encourage people to revisit the islands to hear what all the combat themes are.
Awesome idea!

I like that idea. How about boss themes too, like Darth Vader's in Star Wars? Each boss could have a unique sound track. Of course it would be difficult to get anything as awesome as Darth Vader's Theme but the original movie soundtrack is great, so, who knows...
Darth Darth Darth D-D-Darth Vader...

To be quite honest, I could've sworn there was such music in the phase files.

I have even just checked them and there combat music for: Kingshead, Isle Cangrejos, Cuttthroat Isle, Cuba Devils Anvil, Driftwood, Padres, Port Royal, Rumrunners, Tormenta, Perdida* and Tortuga. Only place that doesn't have combat music is outcast isle.

* = Edit

Last edited:

I have even just checked them and there combat music for: Kingshead, Isle Cangrejos, Cuttthroat Isle, Cuba Devils Anvil, Driftwood, Padres, Port Royal, Rumrunners, Tormenta, Perdida* and Tortuga. Only place that doesn't have combat music is outcast isle.

* = Edit
Yup. They always have. And Tormenta music plays during invasions. If you go on youtube you can find a playlist of all the POTCO music.

While there already is a lot of combat music for islands while on the mainland, I do agree that these tracks should transfer into the caves and other locations of these respective islands.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if Tormenta music played in the caverns?

* = Edit

Fair enough, I just went around the islands to hear them all and turns out I was wrong. I guess I just don't spend enough time on most of the islands. I do think that they are all pretty similar and it would be nice for each of them to have their own distinctly identifiable music scores though.

Back