It's FOOTBALL season! :D

Do you watch or play football?

• Total voters

JadeOHayes

Site Founder
It's that time of year again! Yes, I am talking about FOOTBALL. :excited:

Do you watch it at all? Do you like College or Pro football team, or both? You have favorite teams? Do you watch with family and friends or go to the stadium? What do you do while you are watching it; tailgating/cooking out ... munching and screaming ... or what else?

Tell us your story here!

I don't go to the stadium; but I make time to sit down and watch it. With snacks. :D

I prefer College football. :D Me and my family watch it all the time! GO BUCKS!!!
Ohio-State-Chip-704506.jpg

Texas A&M "Aggies" - GIG 'EM
IMG_3963.jpg

The word "tradition" describes what takes place on & off the field as an "Aggie." :D
I understand this to be true even though I have never attended the University as a student myself.

*Below, are a few traditions/football facts unique only to A&M:
1.) The "Home of the 12th Man" as it appears on the above pic refers to the University's tradition to include ONE chosen walk-on player (meaning 'non-scholarship') each year to participate (at any given moment in time) within a football game. *This player is "honored" by the designated #12 jersey.
2.) After every touch-down, it is tradition to "kiss" any female ;)(if you are a guy) whom is standing next to you within the football stadium, if she is so willing.
3.) Sadly, there are NO cheerleaders at Texas A&M football games. :sad1: *Instead, the school has male yell leaders which run around the perimeter of the field giving specific hand signals to the crowd to which a particular chant is shared in unison or the crowd "sways" from side-to-side singing collectively the school fight song!
4e6ec8e529f9c.preview-300.jpg
4.) This year (2012) Texas A&M became part of the SEC division. Before this change, the Aggie football team held their ground within the Big 12, along with their main rival - Texas University Longhorns (TU).
*Normally around the Thanksgiving holiday every other year, the Aggies would construct a "bonfire" to honor the traditional game against TU.
url
5.) Last but not least, there is the national recognized "Fighting Texas Aggie Band." This band performs on the football field every half-time & performs like no other college band.

A "big" game coming up today (9/14/2013), for my team.:woot: My Aggies take on the #1 college football team, in the nation - the Alabama Crimson Tide.
I am hoping that the game's outcome will validate the team's victory over the same team, last year (which they won and 'shocked' all of the critics).
GIG 'EM! :good post:

Back