"It's just good business."

LEO

Site Founder
Friday...
screenshot_2011-06-04_00-43-22.jpg
screenshot_2011-06-04_01-04-50.jpg

Thank You Grace, Bruno, Blue, and all who joined me on SvS that evening. Great shooting me mateys!:woot:

Saturday...
screenshot_2011-06-04_23-41-58.jpg

screenshot_2011-06-05_00-14-52.jpg

Again Thank You me awesome crew which included Bill, Vito, William, Razor, etc. Though this was not me ship, it was fun sailing and sinking the enemy and getting score and bounty high. :woot:

:flag:Go SvS! :cannon:

:cool::excited:
Wow! Dang wish I had been sailing with you that night. WTG everyone. That is some SVS score. (bows saying, "I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy."):cannon:

So what exactly is, "Score" and "Bounty?"
Bounty is gold. Almost like a reward. Every time you sink a ship, you get their bounty which also gets added to your score. Score doesn't drop until you port. Bounty however, drops every time you get sunk and goes to the ship that sunk you(like it gets stolen from you). The more bounty, the better and more interesting SvS is.

An example of how bounty is gold is that in SvS, If you sink a ship with 10,000 bounty and you do all the damage to that ship, you get as a reward 10,000 gold in addition to the score and bounty that is added to the scoreboard. You get what you earned meaning the more damage the more gold you get depending on the bounty of a enemy ship and the damage you did.

Basically, bounty is what keeps SvS going. As a reminder, the more bounty you have, the bigger the target you are.

Bounty is gold. Almost like a reward. Every time you sink a ship, you get their bounty which also gets added to your score. Score doesn't drop until you port. Bounty however, drops every time you get sunk and goes to the ship that sunk you(like it gets stolen from you). The more bounty, the better and more interesting SvS is.

An example of how bounty is gold is that in SvS, If you sink a ship with 10,000 bounty and you do all the damage to that ship, you get as a reward 10,000 gold in addition to the score and bounty that is added to the scoreboard. You get what you earned meaning the more damage the more gold you get depending on the bounty of a enemy ship and the damage you did.

Basically, bounty is what keeps SvS going. As a reminder, the more bounty you have, the bigger the target you are.
Oh.... I get it now.... So would you actually get 10,000 gold if you ported then? Am I getting this right? xD

Oh.... I get it now.... So would you actually get 10,000 gold if you ported then? Am I getting this right? xD
Not exactly, the gold is earned upon sinking enemy ships. Porting the 10000 bounty would not only not give you any gold, but probably also anger the other person who you just took it from. :p And that's a big no-no in SvS.

Reactions: LEO
NOOOO!!!! You can make gold ONLY by sinking ships with high bounty. Porting, will only make the bounty disappear and get other players mad at you for porting bounty. Bounty porting starts a lot of drama especially in Andaba because like i said, its what keeps SvS going and others interested into fighting.

NOOOO!!!! You can make gold ONLY by sinking ships with high bounty. Porting, will only make the bounty disappear and get other players mad at you for porting bounty. Bounty porting starts a lot of drama especially in Andaba because like i said, its what keeps SvS going and others interested into fighting.
Exactly what LEO said. The 'SvS Players' like to go to Andaba because that's where the good players are, so sinking is very frequent and the bounty adds up. There's a certain 'thrill' of holding bounty; I seem to 'light on fire' and 'go in beast mode' when I'm playing solo Light Sloop and I get to 20000 bounty. Then, it is the opposing player's honor of defeating me, gaining that 20000, and most importantly, earning the cheers of the other players on their team. I think that being known in Andaba is the most fun thing about SvS.

Reactions: Bad
Exactly what LEO said. The 'SvS Players' like to go to Andaba because that's where the good players are, so sinking is very frequent and the bounty adds up. There's a certain 'thrill' of holding bounty; I seem to 'light on fire' and 'go in beast mode' when I'm playing solo Light Sloop and I get to 20000 bounty. Then, it is the opposing player's honor of defeating me, gaining that 20000, and most importantly, earning the cheers of the other players on their team. I think that being known in Andaba is the most fun thing about SvS.
Ok!!! I think I got this now. So its like fake gold?? You take it from other people and then it adds up for you. If you sink the person who sunk you takes it. Right?

Ok!!! I think I got this now. So its like fake gold?? You take it from other people and then it adds up for you. If you sink the person who sunk you took. Right?
Kinda. Only, you don't lose the gold you earned from sinking other people before you sunk. So, although the bounty passes to the person who sunk you, you still keep the gold you earned, and they earn the amount of your bounty proportional to the amount of damage they did to you.

Reactions: LEO
I like SvS because its challenging since you are fighting other players. Barely anything challenges mastered and veteran players in POTCO anymore. I also find it as the most realistic part of the game regarding pirates. I do like the thrill of of holding high bounty and getting my score high. Also getting "revenge" when getting sunk is interesting and fun. The andaba "fame" is just a bonus you get for being successful.

A lot of reasons why i like SvS and why i Would like Disney to develop it more thoroughly to make it funner with less problems.

Kinda. Only, you don't lose the gold you earned from sinking other people before you sunk. So, although the bounty passes to the person who sunk you, you still keep the gold you earned, and they earn the amount of your bounty proportional to the amount of damage they did to you.
You lost me :lol1: Maybe I should just stick to having fun and not caring what that stuff is xD

You lost me :lol1: Maybe I should just stick to having fun and not caring what that stuff is xD
Lets recreate a svs battle.

Ship 1 has 10,000 bounty and 40,000 score.
Ship 2 just set sail and has 0 bounty and score.
Ship 2 sinks ship one alone and gets 10,000 bounty and 10,000 score.
The captain of ship 2 also did all the damage therefore he gets 10,000 Gold in His inventory which is for him to waste at any time and does not go away until wasted.
Ship 1 sinks back ship 2.
Ship 2 loses the bounty to ship 1 but NOT the Gold or Score.

Hope this helped!

Lets recreate a svs battle.

Ship 1 has 10,000 bounty and 40,000 score.
Ship 2 just set sail and has 0 bounty and score.
Ship 2 sinks ship one alone and gets 10,000 bounty and 10,000 score.
The captain of ship 2 also did all the damage therefore he gets 10,000 Gold in His inventory which is for him to waste at any time and does not go away until wasted.
Ship 1 sinks back ship 2.
Ship 2 loses the bounty to ship 1 but NOT the Gold or Score.

Hope this helped!
So you do get real gold?? XD

Back