Blog Post It’s Time to Dig for Gold!

First time posting, longtime pirate, Uncle Dan and Danny Oceangod back in the days of yore.

I just got my key by digging this morning, had no idea of the odds, just doggedly dug away at random. I am thrilled beyond words, and I am doing my best to pass the luck along. It's unbelievably fun to sail the Caribbean again, despite various Beta issues being worked out by our stalwart Crew.

I have some mild advice about searching for the keys:
1) Repeated digging will get too frustrating, I'd take a chance at spots as I was running along on quests, or shooting critters. Maybe dig for five minutes, work on something enjoyable for rep for ten, dig another five, and so on.

2) Please don't just run up and dig where others are digging, any spot might work and yer just crowding 'em, it's like someone looking over your shoulder when yer playing blackjack and hoping for an ace.

3) Please don't keep striving for a key after ye have one, unless it's for a particular friend or guildmate. Giving it to another of yer accounts is selfish, and this is the season for giving I'd say.

I'm not digging at all until open release (except when a quest demands it) but if I find another key I'll pass it along to the most despondent deckhand on Tortuga beach. So ye may get one that way.

Happy holidays all and sorry for writing so much! Cheers!

First time posting, longtime pirate, Uncle Dan and Danny Oceangod back in the days of yore.

I just got my key by digging this morning, had no idea of the odds, just doggedly dug away at random. I am thrilled beyond words, and I am doing my best to pass the luck along. It's unbelievably fun to sail the Caribbean again, despite various Beta issues being worked out by our stalwart Crew.

1) Repeated digging will get too frustrating, I'd take a chance at spots as I was running along on quests, or shooting critters. Maybe dig for five minutes, work on something enjoyable for rep for ten, dig another five, and so on.

2) Please don't just run up and dig where others are digging, any spot might work and yer just crowding 'em, it's like someone looking over your shoulder when yer playing blackjack and hoping for an ace.

3) Please don't keep striving for a key after ye have one, unless it's for a particular friend or guildmate. Giving it to another of yer accounts is selfish, and this is the season for giving I'd say.

I'm not digging at all until open release (except when a quest demands it) but if I find another key I'll pass it along to the most despondent deckhand on Tortuga beach. So ye may get one that way.

Well said mate!

The truth :)

1g9488.jpg

Back