• The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible.

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Before you keep reading this post allow me to provide a disclaimer:
- This post is not aimed to say how the game is "broken".
- This post is not directed at the developers. [Nor is it a petition that I am pushing.]
- The objective of this post is to provide constructive criticism and open discussion to updates.

- Please avoid getting upset over others viewpoint & reply with respect.
Thank you!
Now on to the topic at hand, this controversial weapon. Which is very similar topic as my Heart of Padres Del Fuego discussion. [See older post]​
Jack Sparrow's Blade Pros & Cons
latest

The Reasons I find this Blade Awesome:
- It's awesome because it encourages people to loot old bosses. [Darkhart]
- It's awesome because it encourages low level raiding groups. [Below level 30's]
- It's awesome because it encourages the mid-game. [Not just BLASTING to 50.]
- It's awesome because it encourages PvP players not to skip Cleave.

The Reasons I find this Blade Terrible:
- It does not require Raven's Cove Quest to obtain.
- It is more powerful than ALL blades in the game. [Expect Leviathan]
- It is the only weapon with a rank 5 Critical Strike. [Wow...]
- It is the only weapon with Powerful, making it the only cutlass with an attack over 100.
[After the Powerful buff is applied it easily reaches over 100 attack.]
- It is the only other blade that has Drain Health. [Apart from WEB & Tyrant Blade]
- It is obtainable at a very low level boss. [Darkhart]

My personal thoughts:
It shouldn't be more powerful than Legendary CURSED weapons. I think the blade should be nerfed...
- Lower attack to 70.
- Lower Critical Strike down to Rank 3.
- Lower Powerful to rank 3.
- Remove Drain Health.

Furthermore, I don't think any normal legendary should be so powerful that someone forgoes doing Raven's Cove at all since they already have a sword that overshadows everything the quest has to offer.

i think its fine where it is...
How could you possibly justify that? The critical strike rank 5 alone is completely broken. And this weapon has health drain and a direct damage boost on top of that. This thing makes Leviathan and World Eater Blade look like a joke.

No amount of boosts to cleave would get certain jumpers to get cleave they simply dislike it for whatever reasons. I think since jack sparrow is so well known the sword is fine maybe drop drain health, this sword like many others can kill dark hart in seconds but it can't do that to a newer boss like palifico since he's level 52 and has a ton of hp. Bottom line I think this sword is great doesn't really require any buffs since we do have more powerful bosses.

Last edited:
How could you possibly justify that? The critical strike ran 5 alone is completely broken. And this weapon has health drain and a direct damage boost on top of that. This thing makes Leviathan and World Eater Blade look like a joke.
It's Unique in its own way and its a weapon that only is the best cutlass in the game... and I Seriously doubt the attack goes over 100 without actual numbers plus its not going to deter people from going to get legendaries. especially ones that are going to be pure ecstasy of nostalgia. and the only thing that should be nerfed on it if anything is the Critical strike, plus i remember everyone saying/complaining how broken WEB was because of the high attack health steal and voodoo steal... Disney never did anything about it. Additionally everyone complained that the sabers that we're added were too weak yet nothing was/has been done about it. lastly, these weapons are also ridiculously rare, so the time = reward is definitely there

EDIT: I'd rather have even more powerful bosses have these weapons, Isla Escondida??

Why so? Did you read what I listed? Did none of my points seem like valid reasoning?

It would appreciate if you you would contribute to the why you think it is fine rather that just stating...
"i think its fine where it is..."
Did you forget they did say these new legendaries will be powerful. This game really needs stronger weapons.

It's Unique in its own way and its a weapon that only is the best cutlass in the game... and I Seriously doubt the attack goes over 100 without actual numbers plus its not going to deter people from going to get legendaries. especially ones that are going to be pure ecstasy of nostalgia. and the only thing that should be nerfed on it if anything is the Critical strike, plus i remember everyone saying/complaining how broken WEB was because of the high attack health steal and voodoo steal... Disney never did anything about it. Additionally everyone complained that the sabers that we're added were too weak yet nothing was/has been done about it. lastly, these weapons are also ridiculously rare, so the time = reward is definitely there

EDIT: I'd rather have even more powerful bosses have these weapons, Isla Escondida??
- Just because they put Jack Sparrows name on it, shouldn't mean they should make it more powerful than Legendary Cursed.
- It's the best sword in the game. Period.
- The attack does go over 100 because powerful rank 4 increases attack by 20% Reaching an attack of 103.2
- The Drain Health ability was given to WEB in order to be the best legendary. [It also required you to finish Raven's Cove.]
- Sabres have the highest single target DPS of any weapon in the game.

- Just because they put Jack Sparrows name on it, shouldn't mean they should make it more powerful than Legendary Cursed.
- The attack does go over 100 because powerful rank 4 increases attack by 20% Reaching an attack of 103.2
- The Drain Health ability was given to WEB in order to be the best legendary. [It also required you to finish Raven's Cove.]
You're Nerfing the legendary out of the weapon. you doing this to the weapon makes it trashier than the Dark Mutineer on raw attack alone. and last time I check that isn't a legendary

One day something will overtake legendary cursed and that's today. I'm sure once the new island comes out the newer weapons will be much stronger than legendary cursed and you can accept it or complain pointlessly about it.

Back