What do you think of this Blade?

• The Blade is Balanced and Awesome.

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible.

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
And there it is folks, the unconventional looting technique to score the legendaries. Use alts, on a quiet server, you don't necessary have to talk to yourself like in the forth person, but it's fun and using layered level alts is a known strategy for supposedly inducing better drops.
So, it's over folks. Mystery solved.
Step aside warmonk theory, hello Crash course in looting method!

CG Crash CG.
LOL, Thanks!
I've never tried any guides or methods to looting, but I'm sure they must work for those that want them too.
I rarely play 3 alts at once and only do it to prove to myself that I can and to keep the older alts "alive".
Luck is the name of the game, imo.

I think your adjustment is fair. The sword should be competitive with legendary cursed cutlasses, but it isn't appropriate for it to overshadow them completely. The ideal tweak would make General Darkhart and Forsaken Shallows equally viable looting spots.
I couldn't agree more. Furthermore I would really like to see new super powerful weapons be specialized to the point that they are absolutely the best at some certain thing but little more than very good at most things leaving existing legendaries to continue to be the best all around weapons.

DarkRose, if you have nothing left to say, why bother everyone else who still does? I believe this discussion has been incredibly productive and if people still have more to add to this conversation, theres no reason to shut them up.

I think Jack said it pretty well.

It is the going back and forth by the same people, lol! They stated their points multiple times, what's the point of keep repeating yourself? o.o
If they change it, they do...if not then they wont. Stating the same thing over and over isn't going to change the outcome, imo.

LOL, Thanks!
I've never tried any guides or methods to looting, but I'm sure they must work for those that want them too.
I rarely play 3 alts at once and only do it to prove to myself that I can and to keep the older alts "alive".
Luck is the name of the game, imo.
OT: Well, I'm starting to believe there are more people playing multi accounts on tlopo than singles like me. And it's been stated many many times by assorted elootists that looting with lower levels in a mob will somehow create more or higher quality drops faster. Being that through the year I've been here, a vast number of people who found quality and reds AND multiples of the same reds have ultimately proven to be multi accounts and use alts extensively, they reveal this through numerous posts and can be crossed referenced as well, that I, fairly confidently believe there is something true about this technique that gooses ones odds for greater loot. It appears to me a large group isn't talking.

Back to the sparrow blade. It should be left alone. If this game is going to higher rep levels soon, then the sword concerns are totally moot.

OT: Well, I'm starting to believe there are more people playing multi accounts on tlopo than singles like me. And it's been stated many many times by assorted elootists that looting with lower levels in a mob will somehow create more or higher quality drops faster. Being that through the year I've been here, a vast number of people who found quality and reds AND multiples of the same reds have ultimately proven to be multi accounts and use alts extensively, they reveal this through numerous posts and can be crossed referenced as well, that I, fairly confidently believe there is something true about this technique that gooses ones odds for greater loot. It appears to me a large group isn't talking.

Back to the sparrow blade. It should be left alone. If this game is going to higher rep levels soon, then the sword concerns are totally moot.
People who loot with alts have double the odds of finding famed and legendaries (obviously) so it does increase their loot. I have an alt, tho I don't like doing this for that reason.
But if you have trouble finding legendaries and need the extra assistance, go for it. I don't like it, but ill never call anyone out for it. But I wont say I dontt have any regrets if someone with 2 or 3 pirates at a boss finds a new legendary, which will probably be the case.

But about the sparrow blade. I don't really care about the stats anymore, but I think it would have been a great weapon to add with full release alongside harder enemies, maybe Isla Escondida.
They shoulda waited or given it to a harder boss.

Before you keep reading this post allow me to provide a disclaimer:
- This post is not aimed to say how the game is "broken".
- This post is not directed at the developers. [Nor is it a petition that I am pushing.]
- The objective of this post is to provide constructive criticism and open discussion to updates.

- Please avoid getting upset over others viewpoint & reply with respect.
Thank you!
Now on to the topic at hand, this controversial weapon. Which is very similar topic as my Heart of Padres Del Fuego discussion. [See older post]​
Jack Sparrow's Blade Pros & Cons
latest

The Reasons I find this Blade Awesome:
- It's awesome because it encourages people to loot old bosses. [Darkhart]
- It's awesome because it encourages low level raiding groups. [Below level 30's]
- It's awesome because it encourages the mid-game. [Not just BLASTING to 50.]
- It's awesome because it encourages PvP players not to skip Cleave.

The Reasons I find this Blade Terrible:
- It does not require Raven's Cove Quest to obtain.
- It is more powerful than ALL blades in the game. [Expect Leviathan]
- It is the only weapon with a rank 5 Critical Strike. [Wow...]
- It is the only weapon with Powerful, making it the only cutlass with an attack over 100.
[After the Powerful buff is applied it easily reaches over 100 attack.]
- It is the only other blade that has Drain Health. [Apart from WEB & Tyrant Blade]
- It is obtainable at a very low level boss. [Darkhart]

My personal thoughts:
It shouldn't be more powerful than Legendary CURSED weapons. I think the blade should be nerfed...
- Lower attack to 70.
- Lower Critical Strike down to Rank 3.
- Lower Powerful to rank 3.
- Remove Drain Health.
the nerfs you want would make it weaker than most famed. i think the blade is fine how it is. we need a strong blade.

the nerfs you want would make it weaker than most famed. i think the blade is fine how it is. we need a strong blade.
General comment not at Bull. Seriously, I wish people who make any comments about nerfing something make it clear if they're referring to PVP. Because nerfing ANYTHING in the PVE world makes zero sense.

To play this game in PVE on land can be played totally alone without input from another human being or pirate and those other beings can be ganging the lips off of bosses and it still effects another pirate zero. ONLY in sailing can I see impact from an alt. Otherwise, elootists with 5 alts standing next to me only speeds up the kill. I gain from that.

Leave all the weapons alone for pve and ban them from pvp if too strong.

General comment not at Bull. Seriously, I wish people who make any comments about nerfing something make it clear if they're referring to PVP. Because nerfing ANYTHING in the PVE world makes zero sense.

To play this game in PVE on land can be played totally alone without input from another human being or pirate and those other beings can be ganging the lips off of bosses and it still effects another pirate zero. ONLY in sailing can I see impact from an alt. Otherwise, elootists with 5 alts standing next to me only speeds up the kill. I gain from that.

Leave all the weapons alone for pve and ban them from pvp if too strong.
People just wanna ensure that the other legendaries are still trying to be found because they want them.
You cant efficiently enough solo any of the bosses in forsaken shallows, and if they release a better sword at an easier boss less and less people will go to forsaken.
Anyone who would want ruby can probably never get it because nobody goes there since there is sapphire, which is not even that much better, or any of the other (relatively) new legendary cursed

People just wanna ensure that the other legendaries are still trying to be found because they want them.
You cant efficiently enough solo any of the bosses in forsaken shallows, and if they release a better sword at an easier boss less and less people will go to forsaken.
Anyone who would want ruby can probably never get it because nobody goes there since there is sapphire, which is not even that much better, or any of the other (relatively) new legendary cursed
lol. Then it's the Crash method of army of one. Bring your alts to the party.

Lol the blade should stay how it is, it’s new and awesome and in the same playing field in-regards to obtaining as the rest give or take... Is not everyone’s objective to not own them all??? Plus its jack sparrows for ga sake... and I don’t really care to proof read this comment btw. AND ITS A CUTLASS!!!! Meaning it’s best for pvp and bossing and 1v1 situations within anything else.... THEN YOU HAVE A BROADSWORD..... what’s that sword do I wonder.... oh right it attacks as many targets that you can fork around you. Leave the sword as is and go have fun grinding for it, that’s what it’s all about, all this discussion is low key pointless... some of y’all sound like your afraid of change when that’s been apart of life and this game since existence since it began... the real threat are things that compromise the games play structure in what makes it authentic and worthy of playing for life and what compromises its integrity. Some games you play a couple weeks then your done how boring, theoretically you could classify this game as a mini Oasis from that movie Ready Player One for those who feel me.... enjoy the appealing environment that’s been set forth and enjoy being a pirate that’s what it’s all about, with the many amenities let’s say the game has to offer, some of y’all sound like straight complainers about a implementation that’s quite natural to the games habitat and ecosystem in which it mildly really disturbs if any.... I could go on but I’m just gonna leave it at that.. peace the sword rocks don’t change it go get one and pillage them landlubbers

Charles and Beggar have not ceased to test and "play around" with every sword they could get their hands on since the release of FS and probably much before then. If tlopo has drastically changed the mechanics of weapon damage and weapon buffs, we would all know. I don't think its crazy for people who play this game as much as they do, to know what they're talking about. Beggar and Charles are smart people. And if you don't trust them, you can do your own tests. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I encourage people on all my post to challenge what I test, I don't post it to say "I AM RIGHT, I AM THE BEST, AND YOU ARE ALL WRONG!" I post it to get constructive feedback on what the communities thinks of my input [As well as the team IF they wish to engage in the discussion]

With that being said, I appreciate your input on this discussion, even though this was posted quite awhile ago and I missed it. My apologies. <3

Then let the game nerf weapons when entering PVP arena. Leave weapons alone for the rest of the people on PVE.
That's not the issue of why we believe the weapon should be nerfed. As JFR agreed with my point, it a legendary from a lower level boss should not be STRONGER than a blade from a STRONGER boss.

Also, it is indisputable that PvE is a much more popular part of the community than PvP. So my focus is not the PvP effects this weapon will have. Besides, I am nearly certain all health boosting methods in PvP are banned.
[Let's be honest, if we were not playing by rules in PvP... Everyone would be using a reapter/blunderbuss. However, let's not start that discussion here.]

**EDIT**
Additionally, the developers aren't going to "banned" a certain type of weapon from PvP JUST for the PvP community. [It requires a lot of coding...]

Lol "stronger" dude here is the difference between the new bosses and darkheart. On darkheart u get 60 fps ant people spread across many servers, On new bosses you get 5 fps with everyone being on abassa or if abassa dies the highest pop server. Neither of them require any skill or effort. Atleast while i farm darkheart i can get nice fps even with few people and i dont have to go to abassa to farm him.

Lol "stronger" dude here is the difference between the new bosses and darkheart. On darkheart u get 60 fps ant people spread across many servers, On new bosses you get 5 fps with everyone being on abassa or if abassa dies the highest pop server. Neither of them require any skill or effort. Atleast while i farm darkheart i can get nice fps even with few people and i dont have to go to abassa to farm him.
If you see the game in this way, you don't understand the objective of the TLOPO team. - They are trying to ENCOURAGE groups, not just make more solo boss' to farm.

And boss' do take skill... just not A LOT of it. [However, this is a topic for another thread.]

t
If you see the game in this way, you don't understand the objective of the TLOPO team. - They are trying to ENCOURAGE groups, not just make more solo boss' to farm.

And boss' do take skill... just not A LOT of it. [However, this is a topic for another thread.]
is their objective to push everybody to go on 1 server and get 5 fps? i doubt it. The bosses in tormenta cave take just as much skill as darkheart, only difference is one has a bigger bag of health, i have yet to see someone die to the bosses in the cave that wasnt a lvl 15 alt, its just a zerg fest of spam and most people are afk after dealing a hit.

Then let the game nerf weapons when entering PVP arena. Leave weapons alone for the rest of the people on PVE.
This blade is honestly power-creep. It's a blade almost as strong as Thunderspine and WEB that isn't cursed, is gotten from a low-level boss and area, and is a lot easier and more reliable to farm.
It'd be a long post to explain things in full, but TL;DR if you don't have Thunderspine, and you don't have WEB, then you're better off having this weapon than either of them. There's absolutely no reason to go after any other weapon at this level; Black Shark Blade? Outclassed. Admiral's Cutlass? It takes a lot more effort to get and is weaker.
If the devs want new players to keep looting, they'll have to make new swords more and more powerful from level 30 bosses. It sets a precedent for how powerful they have to be. And because of this, they'll have to release more powerful weapons for level 40 bosses, and level 50 bosses, so on and so forth until we have insanely broken weapons for each level bracket and eventually we're stuck with a ton of overpowered blades that make the game less fun and engaging to play and make bosses and enemies even more dull to fight (what with them just being beefed up regular enemies with no exclusive skills that might make fights engaging and strategic).
Not to mention, the higher level legendaries are supposed to be something unique; an endgoal to look forward to. By making more overpowered legendaries available sooner, you effectively quash the wonder of getting those sweet, 90+ attack cursed blades with unique skills and abilities that make them a joy to use (this is another reason why jack's blade is unhealthy for the game; it fills the role of a healing tank that WEB fills and the role of a high-damage shredder that thunderspine fills without either of their downsides).

Back