What do you think of this Blade?

• The Blade is Balanced and Awesome.

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible.

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
This blade is honestly power-creep. It's a blade almost as strong as Thunderspine and WEB that isn't cursed, is gotten from a low-level boss and area, and is a lot easier and more reliable to farm.
It'd be a long post to explain things in full, but TL;DR if you don't have Thunderspine, and you don't have WEB, then you're better off having this weapon than either of them. There's absolutely no reason to go after any other weapon at this level; Black Shark Blade? Outclassed. Admiral's Cutlass? It takes a lot more effort to get and is weaker.
If the devs want new players to keep looting, they'll have to make new swords more and more powerful from level 30 bosses. It sets a precedent for how powerful they have to be. And because of this, they'll have to release more powerful weapons for level 40 bosses, and level 50 bosses, so on and so forth until we have insanely broken weapons for each level bracket and eventually we're stuck with a ton of overpowered blades that make the game less fun and engaging to play and make bosses and enemies even more dull to fight (what with them just being beefed up regular enemies with no exclusive skills that might make fights engaging and strategic).
Not to mention, the higher level legendaries are supposed to be something unique; an endgoal to look forward to. By making more overpowered legendaries available sooner, you effectively quash the wonder of getting those sweet, 90+ attack cursed blades with unique skills and abilities that make them a joy to use (this is another reason why jack's blade is unhealthy for the game; it fills the role of a healing tank that WEB fills and the role of a high-damage shredder that thunderspine fills without either of their downsides).
Wow, you do have a lot to say there, lol, me too. Since I don't have this blade I can't really understand whether it is truly OP and game breaking or just a small step over the Thunderspine. My sense is that with it's boosts it seems too much. I agree with most of what you say except that there is no logical reason for an arms race, as you mentioned many of the cursed blades are quite unique and a blast to use which to me suggests that a continuation of that theme, were new weapons are more and more specialized with similar overall power to existing weapons but much better at some specific task is the way to keep older weapons valid but continuously add new and exciting weapons that keep pace with new enemies and other content.

That's not the issue of why we believe the weapon should be nerfed. As JFR agreed with my point, it a legendary from a lower level boss should not be STRONGER than a blade from a STRONGER boss.

Also, it is indisputable that PvE is a much more popular part of the community than PvP. So my focus is not the PvP effects this weapon will have. Besides, I am nearly certain all health boosting methods in PvP are banned.
[Let's be honest, if we were not playing by rules in PvP... Everyone would be using a reapter/blunderbuss. However, let's not start that discussion here.]

**EDIT**
Additionally, the developers aren't going to "banned" a certain type of weapon from PvP JUST for the PvP community. [It requires a lot of coding...]
That's not the issue of why we believe the weapon should be nerfed. As JFR agreed with my point, it a legendary from a lower level boss should not be STRONGER than a blade from a STRONGER boss.
Why, who says these things as facts? In PVE there is no competition, just you and the enemy. Groups just speed things up. And the only arguably other reason to group up is the unproven theory that different levels seem to effect loot drops, awards etc. I see no power value or item value in anything if it's solely for my own use.
Clearly I'm discussing game mechanics in an unemotional way and others are putting their personal feelings of game play into the equation. I'm trying not to get involved in these kinds of threads any more because I do not have the emotional role type playing involvement like older players and elootists have. Which is why I think I butt heads with other folks. I'm trying for logical and practical while people debating me are emotional and subjective with game involvement.

Last edited:
Why, who says these things as facts? In PVE there is no competition, just you and the enemy. Groups just speed things up. And the only arguably other reason to group up is the unproven theory that different levels seem to effect loot drops, awards etc. I see no power value or item value in anything if it's solely for my own use.
Clearly I'm discussing game mechanics in an unemotional way and others are putting their personal feelings of game play into the equation. I'm trying not to get involved in these kinds of threads any more because I do not have the emotional role type playing involvement like older players and elootists have. Which is why I think I butt heads with other folks. I'm trying for logical and practical while people debating me are emotional and subjective with game involvement.
No. You're just discussing things to discuss them endlessly disagreeing with everyone's point across the forums. - So i will respectfully ignore your comments due to lack of interest in "arguing" rather than rationally "Discussing" them.

Might as well nerf the Jack Blade to attack of 1. If the blade is nerfed then there is no point to fight Dark Heart. Why does player have to stay at Raven Cover and Cursed Cavern to get a good blade? The game is more balance if the powerful blade were to be looted throughout the Carribean.

Might as well nerf the Jack Blade to attack of 1. If the blade is nerfed then there is no point to fight Dark Heart. Why does player have to stay at Raven Cover and Cursed Cavern to get a good blade? The game is more balance if the powerful blade were to be looted throughout the Carribean.
That's the mindset that destroys MMO's.

The game would be more balanced if the power of a blade corresponds with the level of the enemy it can be obtained from. It puts an artificial progression cap on the point at which you get these blades; to get this blade, you only need to be about level 30. That's a problem.

I just got the blade. It does about the same damage as Thunderspine, gets crits more often and has health drain. I have almost no reason to use TSpine now, honestly. It's just as overpowered as I expected it to be and honestly has not much unique about it; like I said, it's just a WEB with a better TSpine crit boost, more damage, and better sustain for the tradeoff of no AOE. And it can be gotten before Tormenta is even relevant to the player.
The health boost seems like the main problem, everything else is fine (besides maybe the insanely high damage with the Powerful Rank 4).

No. You're just discussing things to discuss them endlessly disagreeing with everyone's point across the forums. - So i will respectfully ignore your comments due to lack of interest in "arguing" rather than rationally "Discussing" them.
Thanks. You just proved my points. While totally ducking the original question of who decided these weapon 'rulings' being stated like facts.
Deflecting a topic away from point and twisting it into some sort of negative imaginary act is done by those with possible uncomfortable answers they do not wish to reveal.
And so suddenly discussions are now attacks.Which you call disagreements, I call inquires.
And so it goes.
GL

I just got the blade. It does about the same damage as Thunderspine, gets crits more often and has health drain. I have almost no reason to use TSpine now, honestly. It's just as overpowered as I expected it to be and honestly has not much unique about it; like I said, it's just a WEB with a better TSpine crit boost, more damage, and better sustain for the tradeoff of no AOE. And it can be gotten before Tormenta is even relevant to the player.
The health boost seems like the main problem, everything else is fine (besides maybe the insanely high damage with the Powerful Rank 4).
And why should you use tspine if you have a better weapon in sparrow? It's all progressive isn't it? The logical reasoning is that we may get a new higher rep limit, thus the more powerful weapons are a no brainer. This is being way over thought. Weaker weapons go bye bye as soon as something more powerful shows up. I don't see that as a problem at all. If people really love a certain weapon, where in the rules does it say they have to stop using it? imo- it all boils down to personal choice, not some elootists conditioned programming and egos.

They don't like it, but I don't play by their rules.

And why should you use tspine if you have a better weapon in sparrow? It's all progressive isn't it? The logical reasoning is that we may get a new higher rep limit, thus the more powerful weapons are a no brainer. This is being way over thought. Weaker weapons go bye bye as soon as something more powerful shows up. I don't see that as a problem at all. If people really love a certain weapon, where in the rules does it say they have to stop using it? imo- it all boils down to personal choice, not some elootists conditioned programming and egos.

If new legendaries were supposed to be more powerful, what was the point of the devs releasing new legendaries in Forsaken Shallows that barely match this one? The Shallows Legendaries aren't this strong; they're reasonable for how hard they are to get.

Your entire argument hinges on questioning "what if?". If that's you're whole argument, then I'm not going to bother discussing with you.

Also, I've already explained that Sparrow's Blade is power creep. Making more overpowered weapons to counter stronger enemies and bosses at this point will just give you more things to click at; not make things inherently more interesting.

But I can see that you don't care enough about the game's balance to realize that this sword sets a precedent that could potentially (inevitably) lead to most legendaries being rendered obsolete in favor of cheap, unchallenging, unengaging and overpowered weapons. Overpowered weapons aren't fun to use. I don't feel a thrilling risk factor in tearing down bosses with JSB when I'm healing 300-400 health off of critical hit combos; I know that I don't have to do anything but keep clicking to live.

Last edited:
But I can see that you don't care enough about the game's balance to realize that this sword sets a precedent that could potentially (inevitably) lead to most legendaries being rendered obsolete in favor of cheap, unchallenging, unengaging and overpowered weapons. Overpowered weapons aren't fun to use. I don't feel a thrilling risk factor in tearing down bosses with JSB when I'm healing 300-400 health off of critical hit combos; I know that I don't have to do anything but keep clicking to live.
yeah nothing says challenging and engaging content than slapping a boss for 1 minute at 5 fps along with an entire server population, thats so fun and entertaining /s

The game is already just spam clicking. Every single enemy you just spam click to kill. It's as simple and little effort you can possibly get. You're just playing a random game of chance with odds from loot. If defeating a boss is the challenging part then boy oh boy..

But I can see that you don't care enough about the game's balance to realize that this sword sets a precedent that could potentially (inevitably) lead to most legendaries being rendered obsolete
There is always something better, else the game dies. People are arguing at me because of my contention that there is no real value to any item in tlopo and that I don't care about one sword being stronger than another sword and that I'll drop the last sword for the newer stronger sword every time. I don't fall in love with my weapons. They're tools to use and replace. And of course, as with mine, those are your opinions.

And it's funny talking about balance when a big majority plays with alts. So, that's not out of balance? Think about that.

I do think some people care more about one weapon being overpowered than others. Some time one have to look from the average player point of view. Got to remember not everyone is a looter, some player like sailing. Some people appreciate what they got for the loot.

Last edited:
The fact this is post #278 on this thread, pretty much shows some people care more about one weapon being overpowered than others. :pirate duel:

The fact this is post #278 on this thread, pretty much shows some people care more about one weapon being overpowered than others. :pirate duel:
just imagine in a few months, if swords like this keep getting released you may never be able to get lost blade of the leviathan or krakenslayer ever again no matter how much you want it

Back