Weapons Jack Sparrow's Blade Nerf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beggar

Pirate Master
I don't have a ton to say about the weapon's adjustment; I think it's perfectly appropriate. Nevertheless, I'm curious what others think about the decision and would like to facilitate a conversation surrounding it. I'm very pleased that the TLOPO team was so receptive to player feedback. Thanks so much to all of them.

Unnerfed JSB:

Jack_Sparrow's_Blade_Card.png

Nerfed JSB:

JSB 2.jpg

I don't have a ton to say about the weapon's adjustment; I think it's perfectly appropriate. Nevertheless, I'm curious what others think about the decision and would like to facilitate a conversation surrounding it. I'm very pleased that the TLOPO team was so receptive to player feedback. Thanks so much to all of them.

Unnerfed JSB:

View attachment 108953

Nerfed JSB:

View attachment 108954
Well, now it is no more powerful than the Lost Sword of El Patron and nothing special. It has gone from being the most powerful cutlass in the game to 5th or 6th depending on your build.

Well, now it is no more powerful than the Lost Sword of El Patron and nothing special. It has gone from being the most powerful cutlass in the game to 5th or 6th depending on your build.
It's still quite a bit better than El Patron. The rank 3 powerful gives it an attack comparable to thunderspine, combined with the excellent critical strike boost and cleave.

It's still legendary, to be sure, but it doesn't completely overshadow every cursed blade like it used to.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much okay with decrease in crit and powerful stats. Though with life drain, I would say it would truly be comparable to LCs. Now I agree with Eric, it is more comparable to Patron.

It's still quite a bit better than El Patron. The rank 3 powerful gives it an attack comparable to thunderspine, combined with the excelled critical strike boost and cleave.

It's still legendary, to be sure, but it doesn't completely overshadow every cursed blade like it used to.
I have just compared it with El Patron and maybe you are not quite right but it is a hair better than El Patron but not very much and can in no way compare with the Thunderspine, at least with my build. I up my original assessment to 4th most powerful cutlass.

I think they did a good job with this. Whilst it is no longer as powerful as something like Thunderspine, I'd still rather pull this blade out over any other Famed cutlass (in one-on-one combat), cursed blade or not, so I still think it definitely lives up to its legendary status. Perhaps another stat boost would probably be nice?

I think they did a good job with this. Whilst it is no longer as powerful as something like Thunderspine, I'd still rather pull this blade out over any other Famed cutlass (in one-on-one combat), cursed blade or not, so I still think it definitely lives up to its legendary status. Perhaps another stat boost would probably be nice?
It is a hair more powerful than The Lost Sword of El Patron and the Black Shark Blade, which I consider equals, now and definitely much weaker than the cursed legends.

I don't think that they should've nerfed it this much, I see it now as a slightly worse version of thunderspine. At this point I'm more inclined to just get thunderspine since I can get it from most of the enemies at torment and rc and kill them in groups instead of just looting one enemy. I still consider it as a good sword but now I think players, me included, are much less inclined to loot it now.

Does the rank 3 powerful ability give the same % damage increase as the rank 3 Dutchman's wrath ability? (The only difference being that Dutchman's warth only works against members of Davy Jones' Crew? )

Unnerfed JSB:

View attachment 108953

Nerfed JSB:

View attachment 108954
Shameful is all I can say. I'm extremely disappointed that the devs would have listened to such a small minority of people.
With an alleged hundred thousand signed members, I'm sure they won't miss my wiping this game from my computer and conciseness.
Final decision in a few days.

It’s not fair for those who had looted jacks sparrow blade first of all its jacks blade it’s the main character blade so why nerf it. Jacks blade must be special with crit rank 5 and powerful 4 drain health 3 and cleave boost. Please bring back the original stat of Jacks sparrows blade. Now the blade is nerfed to a junk legendary blade with crit rank 3 powerful 3 and cleave boost 3 which is a weak skill boost compare to thunder spine which has powerful thrust 3 boost. And jacks blade has only 86 attack compare to legendary cursed Sabres which has 100 plus attack now jacks blade is like a completely junk sword now like el patron which I think also needs modification changes since it has trash junk stats. Please like it if you agree

It’s not fair for those who had looted jacks sparrow blade first of all its jacks blade it’s the main character blade so why nerf it. Jacks blade must be special with crit rank 5 and powerful 4 drain health 3 and cleave boost. Please bring back the original stat of Jacks sparrows blade. Now the blade is nerfed to a junk legendary blade with crit rank 3 powerful 3 and cleave boost 3 which is a weak skill boost compare to thunder spine which has powerful thrust 3 boost. And jacks blade has only 86 attack compare to legendary cursed Sabres which has 100 plus attack now jacks blade is like a completely junk sword now like el patron which I think also needs modification changes since it has trash junk stats. Please like it if you agree
Jack Sparrow's sword is a rusty rapier that he picked up on Tortuga for five doubloons. There's no lore reason why it should be powerful.

So, say you don't read the forums, and say you got the sparrow last week and have been soloing bosses with it and having fun and not dying and all of a sudden now you are getting creamed by the same bosses just the other day you were handling within your means.
How would a player know? I don't look at stats every time I grab a weapon after I already was familiar with them in the first place.
How is this fair as well?
You know what? Let's have the dev's put in an ability to change our own stats on weapons any time we feel like it.
Yea, that's the ticket.
I am so not getting into this one. Maybe after I settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back