Weapons Jack Sparrow's Blade Nerf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more so advocating to the fact that the blade is "boring" now, it doesn't stand out like before.
If it was rank 4 crit or maybe a thrust boost instead of cleave than it would be fine but it's just basic now with no real novelty that it had before tbh.
It's the only non-crude sword with a Powerful boost and has the highest raw power of any non-cursed blade. Its consistent damage is only remotely closely matched by the Admiral's Cutlass.

No, the sparrow is fine now. It's just a little more powerful than the April Fools branch that we got.
Okay, gotta stop reading this thread.
I've used the sword pre and post nerf. It's not weak in any facet; it still does just about 500 less damage than Thunderspine (which is impressive for a non-cursed, non-late game boss obtainable at level 30) and still has the boosts that are very exclusive in terms of high-ranking swords (critical strike 3, powerful 3). Comparing it to other non-cursed legendaries, it's literally the best. I feel as if you're judging it by the standards it's set before.

In my comparisons I've found great variations in performance of all the swords and am starting to think that many of the abilities don't actually work and that there's a bug that changes the performance of your sword. I had an instance of my Dread Spike seemingly performing identically to the WEB, all the numbers flying up and time to kill and health drain seemed to have manifested more in my character rather than in the sword I was using. Perhaps none of the assessments of this sword, before or after the nerf, are valid at all.
Sort of have that correct. All this talk from professional elootists about defects in a beta game. Fairly irrelevant for the most part as players have no real conduit in communication with the developers.

I've used the sword pre and post nerf. It's not weak in any facet; it still does just about 500 less damage than Thunderspine (which is impressive for a non-cursed, non-late game boss obtainable at level 30) and still has the boosts that are very exclusive in terms of high-ranking swords (critical strike 3, powerful 3). Comparing it to other non-cursed legendaries, it's literally the best. I feel as if you're judging it by the standards it's set before.
It's not, it's lame and of course I'm judging it by what the original found sword was. That's the whole point of this discussion.

I very honestly think the problem with this discussion is that people are comparing this weapon to its former self; a grossly overpowered sword gotten from a low-level boss. If we want to have a fair discussion, we need to stop comparing this sword to Cursed Blades or how it was formerly.

As it stands, this sword is by far the most powerful non-cursed sword in the game. That's how it always should have been; it's a powerful sword gotten from a low-level boss. It's the best sword to have in the midgame. Heck, it's more powerful than some cursed swords such as Nautilus.

People say that the devs overnerfed it, but they put it in a reasonable spot and since the sword was so bloody overpowered before, it seems like a gigantic blow. The thing is: this sword is for the midgame. If you want a midgame sword gotten at a level 30 boss to be comparable to swords gotten from level 50 bosses, then you're being unreasonable.
Your reasoning is fair enough when you look at it that way it is better to think about but I still stand by the fact that it needs one more thing to make it warrant being a legendary. This can be an easy fix like rank 4 crit instead of 3 or a flourish boost instead of cleave seeing how the powerful ability doesn't work. Rn, it only has its attack power, crit rank 3 and cleave plus 3 which imo feels slightly too low for legendary weapon, even if it is from DH. BUT, if powerful worked, than I would say it would be a great weapon.

Your reasoning is fair enough when you look at it that way it is better to think about but I still stand by the fact that it needs one more thing to make it warrant being a legendary. This can be an easy fix like rank 4 crit instead of 3 or a flourish boost instead of cleave seeing how the powerful ability doesn't work. Rn, it only has its attack power, crit rank 3 and cleave plus 3 which imo feels slightly too low for legendary weapon, even if it is from DH. BUT, if powerful worked, than I would say it would be a great weapon.
Im sure they will fix powerful soon enough, tho I didn't know that ability actually didn't work

Im sure they will fix powerful soon enough, tho I didn't know that ability actually didn't work
Powerful should be removed from the game entirely. It was a lame attempt by Disney to keep old weapons relevant when they introduced El Patron's weapons. All weapons with powerful should have it removed and their attack simply increased accordingly. Powerful was and is a cheap and dirty way of increasing the attack of a weapon that has no business in TLOPO at all. After using the blade in question for testing purposes I am fairly certain that powerful does not work in TLOPO in the first place and I see no reason that the developers should waste their time trying to fix it, just remove it and raise the attack of weapons that had it appropriately. Please forgive my redundancy it was just to reiterate my position and I felt it necessary with this abomination.

Mate, it shouldn't have ever been viable to level 50 players. You can get it before level 30.
I would agree if they lower the use to somewhere around 27, like The Lost Sword of El Patron, and change it's status from legendary to famed. Otherwise, no, you are wrong. New Legendaries should be more interesting and more powerful than this, there is no point in them if they are not.

that's your reason? KEK

lore
That's my rebuttal to a stupid comment which argued that Jack Sparrow's Blade should be powerful because it belonged to Jack Sparrow. I asked the devs to nerf the sword because it was unbalanced; I don't care about lore.

That's my rebuttal to a stupid comment which argued that Jack Sparrow's Blade should be powerful because it belonged to Jack Sparrow. I asked the devs to nerf the sword because it was unbalanced; I don't care about lore.
no, you wanted it nerfed to ruin it for everyone else who plays this game.

darn, ya got me.
BUT, you told me that the only reason you wanted it nerfed was because it dropped from low level bosses. Can the devs not add the weapon to an existing boss???? multiple types of legendaries drop from the same boss. why cant they add it to the twins???

It's not, it's lame and of course I'm judging it by what the original found sword was. That's the whole point of this discussion.
If you're judging it by how it used to be (disgustingly overpowered) then honestly there's no point in discussing it. You need to judge it for what it is; a midgame, non-cursed legendary gotten before level 30. Until then, I'm not going to bother.

I would agree if they lower the use to somewhere around 27, like The Lost Sword of El Patron, and change it's status from legendary to famed. Otherwise, no, you are wrong. New Legendaries should be more interesting and more powerful than this, there is no point in them if they are not.

It's the most powerful midgame sword. Midgame. Again, if people are going to whine about how they can't use a midgame sword to go up against level 50 bosses then there's no point in arguing. This sword alone is reasonably more powerful than a lot of Cursed Famed. You're judging it by Legendary Cursed status.

It's the most powerful midgame sword. Midgame. Again, if people are going to whine about how they can't use a midgame sword to go up against level 50 bosses then there's no point in arguing. This sword alone is reasonably more powerful than a lot of Cursed Famed. You're judging it by Legendary Cursed status.
Midgame swords are from the best rare up to mid-level famed, legendary are supposed to be the best endgame items, so, I have to disagree with you. Change it's status to famed!

Shameful is all I can say. I'm extremely disappointed that the devs would have listened to such a small minority of people.
With an alleged hundred thousand signed members, I'm sure they won't miss my wiping this game from my computer and conciseness.
Final decision in a few days.
Did not wipe the game because its beta, the sparrow no longer ranks in my interest at all as a blade for battle as it's nothing basically, and due to most everyone more interested in just collecting legendary and not actually using it as a viable weapon in PVE. I see no reason to even be concerned what the devs do or who they listen to or balance. It's not my job, I voluntarily downloaded this game to experience it and to beta test it. And I appreciated that.

I don't understand the whole concept of a mid-game legendary. Legendaries are rare, very very rare, so to count on a legendary weapon only being viable prior to the max levels, where you are going to want to loot for much better cursed blades, then I don't get why you'd bother going for it at all. This game doesn't take long to get to level 50, and besides you can start looting for cursed legendaries fairly early on as well.

You're judging it by Legendary Cursed status.

And in response to this, why should a weapon need to be cursed to be good? Why should a legendary be weaker simply because it isn't a "cursed" legendary, it's still legendary is it not? The RC quest isn't hard, it isn't long, and it isn't even high level. To say that all the best needs to come from that is absurd. By the time you are farming darkhart you are pretty close if not able to do the RC quest and start farming for cursed weapons, so why it all needs to be weaker is confusing to me. I can understand wanting Yore to be stronger as it comes only from a level 50 boss, but Thunderspine drops from *weaker* enemies than DH in the first place, so why does it need to be stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back