Glitch Jail Doors...

Pink Nick

Swashbuckler
Imagine, you're sailing out at sea and you're doing great. Out of nowhere a corsair comes out of nowhere and sinks you. Now, these aren't the least of your worries, you now have to go to jail. As you arrive, you attempt to kick down the door but it doesn't budge. But now you're stuck in the screen as you're kicking down the door, you're stuck. What can you do? You can attempt to log out and try again (Which mostly works) But, this should not be a thing where you get glitched in the process of kicking down the jail doors.
Please fix this, its really annoying whenever it happens, and...
Happy Hunting!

Instead of “kicking” the jail door with foot (or peg leg), I am actually surprised that nobody is in support of the dog with keys, in-game, going around each jail cell and being BRIBED to free loose said pirate. This idea would actually align better with not only the POTC films but also too the Disney, themed ride.

*That mangy mutt needs a better job to do than watch STUMPS on a wild island and become a (future) host towards attracting fleas!

Instead of “kicking” the jail door with foot (or peg leg), I am actually surprised that nobody is in support of the dog with keys, in-game, going around each jail cell and being BRIBED to free loose said pirate. This idea would actually align better with not only the POTC films but also too the Disney, themed ride.

*That mangy mutt needs a better job to do than watch STUMPS on a wild island and become a (future) host towards attracting fleas!

I like this idea. Here's the result of some brainstorming I did for it.

Currently bones are only for the Hollowed Woods event. Small bones could be left year round and be used. They would only spawn in loot pouches.
When you first start out the bone bribe wouldn't be to high but the more reputation and notoriety you get the higher the bribe.
The only reason I suggest bones instead of gold is, what use would a dog have for gold?

Basically these are just random ideas that popped into my head when I saw your suggestion

I like this idea. Here's the result of some brainstorming I did for it.

Currently bones are only for the Hollowed Woods event. Small bones could be left year round and be used. They would only spawn in loot pouches.
When you first start out the bone bribe wouldn't be to high but the more reputation and notoriety you get the higher the bribe.
The only reason I suggest bones instead of gold is, what use would a dog have for gold?

Basically these are just random ideas that popped into my head when I saw your suggestion
I really like your idea and, I would encourage you to maybe think about writing a separate thread about this so as to give it the attention it certainly deserves. If you write the thread, I will definitely do what I can to have a TLOPO dev respond to it. :high5:;)

Peg leg...lololol

I also think the devs could have a lot of fun with this. For example, perhaps the dog does or does not show up at your location for starters.
If he's there, you can call him over, bribe him somehow and then watch him pick pocket the sleeping guard for the key and return to you.

Of course all this fun could be bypassed with a simple decision to kick or not to kick the door. There could be a pop up screen asking the pirate, if he/she wants to kick out for quickness, or play around and do the bribe somebody sequence.

And also of course, this has very little to do with a beta input, but for depth and fun of the experience.

All beta work and no fun makes squintz an even duller pirate.

Whoops. Apologize to the OP, I went entirely off topic. I think the topic heading should also follow you on postings like the forum header now does. It's always visible. I think they should make the thread topic stay visible as you scroll. This isn't the first time I've easily gone off topic because I didn't reread the thread title. It will happen again tomorrow and the next.

Last edited:
Back