JFR's Emporium of Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFR's Emporium of Graphics banner.png

Welcome,

I am John Foulroberts or JFR as many of you know me. I am extremely experienced in working with media and images. Currently, graphical design has been one of my major interests for more than five years (started 10/10/09). I have a great eye for creativity and beauty, which my work truly reflects.

With that being said, I will accept orders here for any form of graphics; all you need to do is use the form I have included below. Please be as detailed as possible with your request so that I may achieve your desired outcome.

Order Form
Format/type: signature, avatar, banner, etc.

Size: Please specify how large you’d like your image to be. Signatures will be defaulted at 500x200 and avatars will be defaulted at 192x259. You may leave this blank if you have no specifications.
NOTE: the maximum height limit the forum allows for signatures is 220 pixels.

Font: Which font would you prefer? If you don’t have a preference, please detail to me the style of font you’d like. Or, you may link to me directly your preferred font. I recommend dafont.

Color and theme: What should the theme of your image be? What is your preferred color scheme? Please be as detailed as possible.

Text: Do you want your character’s name or guild name showcased? A special quote? Should the text have a specific effect or style?

Images: If possible, please attach which images you’d like me to use. Otherwise, you may just specify what you’d like and I’ll find it. If you attach images, ensure that they are of good quality and big enough for me to incorporate. If you are unsure, just give me a holler and I’ll give you a verdict.

If you are going to attach an image of your character, please be sure of the following:

• The image is in PNG format; this will ensure the best quality.
  • You have good lighting. Do not stand in a dark environment; find somewhere that has good, balanced lighting.
  • Do not include any interface (health bar, skills, etc.) that will obstruct a part of your character.
  • Your graphics are set to the highest quality.
Extra additions: If I did not cover something in this form, and you want something additional, feel free to specify it here.

Please allow me a few days to work on your request. Orders will be done in the order that they’re received. Usage of the order form is mandatory; otherwise I will not be taking your request. This is to ensure organization and to make it easier on both parties. Additionally, please give credit where credit is due; it’s only courteous. It makes me feel appreciated and lets others know where you got your image.

When I am finished with your request, you will receive a hard file copy of the image as well as a direct link to it via your inbox.
*If you need assistance in applying a signature, check out this thread.

Examples of my work:
Nick Goldentiger sig.png

kfk sig v2.png

JFR forum sig may 2013.png

Leon Singedsilver signature.png

English graphic.png

(done for a personal project of mine)

FAQs:

Q: Can you teach me how to edit?
A: To put it simply, no. Image editing is extremely complex – I would not be able to explain it to you in a few steps. It really is a self-taught skill that relies on you to develop your own styles and preferences. If you are interested in image editing, look up a few tutorials on the net. There are thousands of videos that give you step-by-step instruction.

Q: When will my image be done?
A: Aforementioned, please allow me a few days. I am a person just as you are, and my time is valuable. Please be patient with me. I will let you know if there is an expected delay. Badgering me will not make me work faster. ;)

Q: What image editing software do you use?
A: GIMP 2.8.10

Q: How did you learn to do this?
A: Inspiration and hard work pays off. I’ve been doing this for about five years now – it’s not something you learn in a few hours. It’s a self-taught skill that requires a careful eye for quality and impression.

Current Orders:
(updated continually - top of the list has priority)
1. <open>
2. <open>
3. <open>
4. <open>
5. <open>

If this list is full, please hold off on your order until space is freed. If this is the case, be sure to check back periodically.

Last edited:
Hey John I have a request, could I have a Youtube banner?

• Format: Youtube Banner
  • Size:
    560 x 1440 no bigger than 2MB
  • Font: Birth of a Hero
  • Colors/Theme
    • Background: A very faint cool looking design blue, black, and green, kinda of like my signature, as an overlay over the background images I have included. As for the images for the background I want it to look like the Nether and the End have combined, so like the nether on one side and the end one the other.
      • Now that I read that maybe don't do the overlay, unless it looks good, I don't know whether it will look good or not...
    • Text: Exact same as my signature
    • Could be cool to have some kind of lighting effect, idk how you could do this though
    • Minecraft character on the right of the banner
  • Text: GunshotProductions72
    • Minecraft Character:
2013-07-17_18.37.43.png2013-07-17_18.37.58.png
    • Background Images
2013-07-17_19.09.34.png 2013-07-17_19.17.04.png

If those images won't work just tell me and ill get some new ones posted, anyways thanks!

Should the order form be posted on this thread or sent to you through an inbox conversation? I believe I have already sent you a conversation, I just don't know if I did that right.

Should the order form be posted on this thread or sent to you through an inbox conversation? I believe I have already sent you a conversation, I just don't know if I did that right.
I've received your order; it really doesn't matter if you post it here or send it to me privately.

I have added a list to the bottom of the main post listing all in-progress orders. Will be taking a maximum of five at a time - please be mindful of that when placing an order. If I'm full, check back periodically to see if a space has been freed.

Dude how many things do you do??? You get all 9 legendaries, fully upgrade every ship, and now you create signatures for others. That, is range man.
Let's see here...
  • graphics designing
  • videos
  • administrating the Wiki
  • moderating forums
  • manage DA guild site
  • in the process of learning a few computer programming languages
  • dedicated player of POTCO and Rift
To put it simply, I'm extremely versatile and well-rounded with computers and the like.

Let's see here...
  • graphics designing
  • videos
  • administrating the Wiki
  • moderating forums
  • manage DA guild site
  • in the process of learning a few computer programming languages
  • dedicated player of POTCO and Rift
To put it simply, I'm extremely versatile and well-rounded with computers and the like.
Nothing major, but you can bench press 200... :p

I might just request a graphic... I just dont know what yet. And very cool you are learning computer programming languages, i know HTML, CSS, PHP, and MYSQL extremely well, and i am learning some Javascript and Objective-C.

Sounds to me like somebody is a busy bee ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back