JFR's Final Thoughts

Greetings all,

I've already begun my mourning of our beloved game. We all knew closure was inevitable, but nothing could've prepared us for it. Absolutely nothing. This game held so much sentimental value to all of us. The community was brimming with life and vigor, even when the game's state was the immediate contrary. We all had hope and believed that there was always light at the end of the tunnel; that there would be a sudden improvement in atmosphere. We tried all that we could; petitions, mail, protesting; but none of it seemed to do the right number. The corporate head-honchos were too busy counting their cash and eating Cheetos.

I can safely conclude that Disney has become a corporate connoisseur that only cares about money. Materialism is destroying Disney's image of "making dreams come true", magic, joy, and anything else related. Walter Disney would be appalled if he were with us today; he would prioritize PEOPLE and their emotions over MONEY. I honestly wish them luck with Club Penguin, but we've already seen here that the closures of the three games have already been detrimental to their web traffic. Disney is dismantling themselves from the inside, out.

Aforementioned, we managed to find joy and happiness in the game's two year content lull. Many people considered this game to be their safe haven, a retreat from the daily grind - myself included. This game shaped me to who I am today. The people I met here will forever impact my life. You're all considered my second family, and I love you dearly. I met so many bright and talented individuals - you're what makes this community so astoundingly attractive.

I'm sure you've all had a close friend or guildmate say that they were going to leave the game in your time here. This was almost never the case. The sentimental pull was too great; these people would always come back. Their leave was never permanent. Why? They love this game. We love this game. It's special to many of us and it's just impossible to let go. However, as contradictory as it sounds, we must put this behind us. If you look hard enough, you can get some positivity out of this closure; we can all consider this a new chapter of our lives. A fresh slate, a clear road before us. I definitely will be looking ahead as I pursue new goals.

Pirates Online inspired me and ultimately led to the growth of my current talents. I became more and more intrigued with the science of computers and how they work. It also compelled me to learn several programming languages, as well as sharpen my graphical designing/media skills. It has made me a very well-rounded, versatile person with technology. I'm beginning to study the concepts of IT, like error troubleshooting, hardware maintenance/installation, software troubleshooting, and a variety of other concepts. Regarding programming, I've been jumping around in different languages - Java, JavaScript, PHP, CSS, and HTML are all languages I have at least a basic understanding and experience using. I have a near-four year experience working with digital graphics and producing media, such as videos.

It's been an absolute joy to play alongside everyone. It was a pleasure to meet who I could. Time and time again, this community would cheer me up and give me new hope when circumstances were tough and unfavorable. Most of all, you gave me perseverance and the ability to set goals.

It was an honor to serve as First Class Officer of Dark Archive. I will continue to serve the forums here as long as I am able to as Lead Moderator, as well as administrator of the Wiki. I'll be here as much as possible.

In regards to new games, I have looked into several. I do currently play Rift, and the Dark Archive has moved to LOTRO. I currently, due to life circumstances, will not be following them there at this time. I do have POTBS, War Thunder, and Minecraft as well. If you have any of those games, you're welcome to start a conversation with me to inquire about playing together.

Here are a few links in which you can get a hold of me:
As a side note, I do currently have everything I need to put together a full game remembrance video. This video will include dozens of screenshots, and full tours and run-throughs of every aspect of the game. This footage will be timeless and so valuable; we will be able to relive our Pirates experience. In addition, you have until 12:00AM CST 9/20/13 to submit any quotes you'd like me to feature on the video (thread).

It's been a wonderful 5 years. Fair winds, best of luck, and most importantly... never forget your roots. Deep down inside, you will always be a pirate. Forever.

JFR wall memorial.png

Im gonna miss this game so much and everyone on it. Yes i am on LOTRO but idk how active i will be there. Try to keep your head high john, if you need a moment of laughter, refer to this:

"You know me so well" -Jfr

Im gonna miss this game so much and everyone on it. Yes i am on LOTRO but idk how active i will be there. Try to keep your head high john, if you need a moment of laughter, refer to this:

"You know me so well" -Jfr
Oh definitely - that moment was truly a highlight of my time in DA - I was almost crying with laughter LOL

I would like to start playing LOTR but don't wanna download it unless I know my computer will be safe and can play with people from POTCO.
LOTRO is completely safe for download. I played a few years back on the server Crickhollow. I have a level 51 Champion who is ready to be transferred to Gladden (Dark Archive's server) if I ever decide to start playing again.

I do wish that Disney wouldn't have been so selfish and greedy. They must think that we don't care but we do. I wish I could just march straight to Cali and tell them what they've actually done.

I can't wait to see the video, John. I too consider many friends from POTCO to be like family. Some are on this forums, but others were lost along the way, or with the closing of the game. So many great memories were made on this game, and I for one, will never forget.

Yeah, the whole thing just hit me like your wall of text. Honestly... I don't wanna die like this. POTCO... What ever will happen to us? Will we just be that community in a year or two just die out. We need to move onto something else, I will be glad if we become a general gaming forum. As long as we remember are POTCO roots... :(

I hope we never die...

I play POTBS man lol , i play combat arms , and need for speed world lol. And john yes all that you said was true bro . It was funny the fact that you said laying back getting money , and eating cheetos LML!!! LML !! LOL !. Anyways i have continued my life and i grew out of this. This video i made here is in loving memory of pirates online 2005- 2013 , and lions revenge as-well. It was also made for those in grief and sorrow of their characters ( like mines Leon Sword Kidd) , For those players who sacrificed time , sleep money , for their character and those who kept their hopes up for the game , in which sadly the hopes are gone. This video also mentions all that pirates online has failed to do , but we must move on , it isnt worthed mates. I feel really sorry fotr the players who actaully lasted years trying to get fames and legendaries , until they finally got them , but yet it was all in vain. Im really sorry i myself am kinda mad because i spent time on leon swordkidd , im sure many other players are also. I am not doing this video for fame , views or likes , because is the least i care , but for thoese who lost what they had in this game , for thoese who are devastated by this apparent news , and in response to thoese players i did a special video like this , with time and dedication takeing me 10 and certain minutes all for the love of thoese players , im doing this , and did it to help and build and to show appreciation. I do thank the many players who saw me as a great leader who saw me as a captain who gave me respect , who were in my guild , who was their for me as always . Many players stood faithful towards me , A ton betrayed me and unfriended me , but to thoese who did . I understand you its all cool and forgive me if ive done anything to you or the person , for thoese who ignored me , its also cool i do forgive you to , if Jesus forgave me , why cant i forgive ? . Those players i had fun with like Micheal the solo-er and millions of others i thank you for your time towards me. Let us not be stuck but move on , its hard but you must move on . The world will move on no matter what u do , so if you don't move on you'll be left behind , by the time you wanna move on it'll probably be too late to do so. Sorry for the lost mates , thank you for your support your views and subscribtion towards me godbless you. Enjoy mates .... fairwinds
screenshot_2013-08-31_16-33-26.jpg
screenshot_2013-08-31_16-21-47.jpg
screenshot_2013-08-31_16-52-10.jpg
leon.png
lionsrevenge 33.png
/BOW
NOTE : If you need anything or a question you can always PM me , and i will always answer mates , if you need any question and advices PM me also , anything at all ill be here.

Back