Jolly Roger Whats His Story Let Me Tell Ye

Cap'ain Valentine

Wanted Pirate
Jolly Roger is an extremely deadly, evil cursed undead pirate that players of Pirates of the Caribbean Online will love to hate. Born as a normal human being to his family, Jolly's pure greed and hunger for power caused him to push away all that he loved, and take up piracy, where he became a majorly cruel pirate to sail the seas in his time. He's a menacing looking creature, with a skull for a face, adorned with piles of grotesque objects like shrunken heads and voodoo masks. He has a small medallion with a blue, red, and yellow striped ribbon. In his hat, he has a 4 of hearts and a 6 of hearts, a reminder of the fateful night he was bested by Sparrow on the last hand and was transformed into a horrible monstrosity. In place of a typical hand, he instead has a trio of weapons -- part sword, part gun, and part dagger.

"Jolly Roger was a merciless soul, but the Pirate Brethren Court found a good use for him. Jolly was their henchman, performing unsavory deeds when the Court did not want to soil their hands or reputations. For his service, Jolly knew that one day, he'd be voted onto the prestigious Court - something he wanted more than life itself. Jolly and Jack Sparrow had been friends, long ago, and he was always envious of Jack's uncanny luck. As Jack's reputation grew, so did Jolly's resentment. So when Captain Teague left the Court and gave his seat to his son, Jack Sparrow, Jolly vowed revenge.

Pirates Online's official video on Jolly Roger
Knowing Jack was a card lover, Jolly invited him to a friendly game of poker. Jolly had to cheat to win so he conspired with a villainous Witch Doctor to deal the cards. Jolly won hand after hand. Soon Jack was out of luck and money. As Jolly hoped, Jack bet his seat on the Brethren Court for one, last hand. The Witch Doctor dealt Jolly a full house - Sixes over Fours. Jack knew he was being cheated so he plucked an Ace from his sleeve and presented a Full House too - Aces over Jacks.
Jolly flew into a rage! He pulled twin pistols and aimed them at Jack and the Witch Doctor thinking he'd been double-crossed! Jack threw the table up, tossing cards and gold everywhere. Jolly shot the Witch Doctor but Jack disappeared in the confusion. With his dying breath, the Witch Doctor cursed Jolly Roger to walk the earth as the undead, transforming him into a skeletal beast! Jolly's face now had gaping sockets for eyes, a pistol sprouting from his arm and a gnarled, fleshless hoof for a leg. Jolly Roger lost his humanity but inherited the all-powerful Voodoo forces of the Witch Doctor that gave him the ability to devour souls and raise them from the dead with his supernatural breath. Jolly now leads an army of undead skeletons that blindly follow him wherever he commands. What's worse, Jolly's vile power grew so strong that it even brought a horde of cursed alligators, bats, wasps, crabs, scorpions, and deadly stalking tree stumps under his evil control!
Pirates who treasure their lives and souls should steer clear of Jolly, for he will crush anyone in his path to exact revenge on Jack Sparrow and the Brethren Court, and become absolute ruler of the Caribbean!" quouted from potco

um u do know we can all just read this on the lore page which is incomplete -_- sure they fix the leaderboards but add lore and more inventory space i have no room for clothes

Cant ye see i brought it here for you to make it easier

um i see a bunch of words on a screen that are completely meaningless because all jolly has to do with the story is explain why there are skeletons and invasions.... potco please do something with jolly before i sit down and have a chat with jolly about how he will never be a big part of the game

um i see a bunch of words on a screen that are completely meaningless because all jolly has to do with the story is explain why there are skeletons and invasions.... potco please do something with jolly before i sit down and have a chat with jolly about how he will never be a big part of the game
DONT YOU CALL'EM MEANINLESS

DONT YOU CALL'EM MEANINLESS

unfortunately he is from the begening of the game he had no part in the story other than the explanation of why skeletal pirates were on the islands but im pretty sure that if they had released the game finished he would have a bigger part. now he is still what i said before and he the boss for invasions thats it so in reality he it a meaningless character in this game that is portrayed as the main villain but i dont see how if he has nothing to do with the story

unfortunately he is from the begening of the game he had no part in the story other than the explanation of why skeletal pirates were on the islands but im pretty sure that if they had released the game finished he would have a bigger part. now he is still what i said before and he the boss for invasions thats it so in reality he it a meaningless character in this game that is portrayed as the main villain but i dont see how if he has nothing to do with the story
If you havent noticed he is the main charcter there (or 1 of the main) cuz at the begenin when ye head off to tia dalma she tells you they need a way to defeat jolly and the only way is to have the pearl
Freed(some ppl pay attention). And there ye go chapter 1

If you havent noticed he is the main charcter there (or 1 of the main) cuz at the begenin when ye head off to tia dalma she tells you they need a way to defeat jolly and the only way is to have the pearl

Yeah but where's Chapter 2 come into play? Jack says they need one of El Patron's swords to take out Jolly's fleets, and yet we get to keep the sword without reporting to Jack? This whole thing has gone down the drain, why can't they just have us pirates kill Jolly for good and get on with the events with Dead Man's Chest?

Yeah but where's Chapter 2 come into play? Jack says they need one of El Patron's swords to take out Jolly's fleets, and yet we get to keep the sword without reporting to Jack? This whole thing has gone down the drain, why can't they just have us pirates kill Jolly for good and get on with the events with Dead Man's Chest?
This game was made to stay. So instead of finishin everythin in 4 yrs they want to make it last for like 20 and more with different events

i am sorry if u r not getting my point but my point is even though he is meant to be a main charcater he has almost nothing to do with the game originally he would have had a bigger part but because they released the game to early and cut many things out of it jolly is not a huge part of the story

Timothy%20White.jpg
This is just a random pic of Jolly and an Invasion Force..
EDIT (Mar 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM):
lore_tortuga_undead.jpg
Another pic of an Invasion..

The events in th game take place BEFORE Dead Man's Chest and after The Curse of the Black Pearl. To have a Dead Man's Chest related thing would mess up the order and all the facts will be useless. But we do need more stuff to add on the quest.

OK heres how this is gonna play out in order
the main reason we freed the pearl was to finish jolly and stop him from terrorizing the carribean ( chapter 1 )
Then he needed one of the lost swords from the mines of el patron to finish jolly ( chapter 2 and at the end he takes the other 2 swords you dont pick im guessing its just no finished as such )
In chapter 3 im sure they will wind up making davy jones work with roger to finish jack and rule the carribean that would explane some of the missing links and also why the textures for davy jones and the kraken are in the phase files

OK heres how this is gonna play out in order
the main reason we freed the pearl was to finish jolly and stop him from terrorizing the carribean ( chapter 1 )
Then he needed one of the lost swords from the mines of el patron to finish jolly ( chapter 2 and at the end he takes the other 2 swords you dont pick im guessing its just no finished as such )
In chapter 3 im sure they will wind up making davy jones work with roger to finish jack and rule the carribean that would explane some of the missing links and also why the textures for davy jones and the kraken are in the phase files

That makes sense, or at least more sense than some of the hypotheses that've come up.

The events in th game take place BEFORE Dead Man's Chest and after The Curse of the Black Pearl. To have a Dead Man's Chest related thing would mess up the order and all the facts will be useless. But we do need more stuff to add on the quest.

I know the order cause I looked it up and also it's the only thing that fits into the movies' plots. I just don't understand where they're taking this game to, I mean Raven's Cove is fun, but how will that fit into the Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones? The Kraken wouldn't be able to drag the island down to the depths.

Were talkin about a fantasy world where evruthin can happin ofcourse theyll find a way for the kraken to turn up for example the davy summons his followers and ally with pirates against jolly and have the kraken swallow him then comes to warn sparrow bout his debt and there we go a plot

That makes sense, or at least more sense than some of the hypotheses that've come up.

I know the order cause I looked it up and also it's the only thing that fits into the movies' plots. I just don't understand where they're taking this game to, I mean Raven's Cove is fun, but how will that fit into the Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones? The Kraken wouldn't be able to drag the island down to the depths.

Back