Jolly Roger's Island: MORE INFO

Would you have wanted this as a game update? (This includes the new loot, new quest, and the island)

• No, it's too weird to have Aztecs in the Caribbean, even if its Jolly Roger.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
wow why wouldnt you release that?.. if they didnt have enough money then they shouldve continued to work on it as they got money...
Aye. It goes back to the notion of why they should offer a game (such as POTCO), if they are unwilling to improve, update, and maintain it. :confused:

I have mentioned this analogy before on the Revive POTCO website but, I think of the game myself as one big, magnificent garden...
tumblr_inline_mhayp6j7Gc1qz4rgp.gif

Most of us do agree that vegetable and fruit gardens all require a constant need for water, attention, and hard work. (If they did not, the pestilent beast whom approaches bringing disease, insects, and weeds could not be slained, savvy)?

Well, POTCO is a garden to where all of the vegetables and fruits (i.e., us players) are left to fend for ourselves in a jungle world full of thatch, thistle, and vine.

Oye! The season is now ripe for someone within Disney/DIMG to pick up the machete and attend our "garden" in a way to which the ultimate goal is an abundance of radiant fruit and vegetables. (And, if a few turnips are allowed to wither and die then so be it, savvy, lol)?

Aye. It goes back to the notion of why they should offer a game (such as POTCO), if they are unwilling to improve, update, and maintain it. :confused:

I have mentioned this analogy before on the Revive POTCO website but, I think of the game myself as one big, magnificent garden...
tumblr_inline_mhayp6j7Gc1qz4rgp.gif

Most of us do agree that vegetable and fruit gardens all require a constant need for water, attention, and hard work. (If they did not, the pestilent beast whom approaches bringing disease, insects, and weeds could not be slained, savvy)?

Well, POTCO is a garden to where all of the vegetables and fruits (i.e., us players) are left to fend for ourselves in a jungle world full of thatch, thistle, and vine.

Oye! The season is now ripe for someone within Disney/DIMG to pick up the machete and attend our "garden" in a way to which the ultimate goal is an abundance of radiant fruit and vegetables. (And, if a few turnips are allowed to wither and die then so be it, savvy, lol)?

Interesting way of putting it Shamus. Now if only the gardeners would get off their butts and take care of the garden...

Johnny Sea Slasher , jzfredskins

~ Strictly by accident, I had stumbed across an individual on LinkedIn whom, when I went to click on a personal website of his - http://juangilenvironmentwork.blogspot.com/ - the following POTCO "Aztec" art created by him (an ex-Disney Interactive Modeler/Texture/Environment Artist whom had contributed to POTCO) are included below:

idol01Spreadsheet.jpg

idol02Spreadsheet.jpg

skeleton01Spreadsheet.jpg

skeleton02Spreadsheet.jpg

*Everyone::piratemickey:

The above concept art represents that Disney Interactive artists were at one time working hard to have this Jolly Roger (Aztec) Island conceptualized and added into the game.

Johnny Sea Slasher , jzfredskins

~ Strictly by accident, I had stumbed across an individual on LinkedIn whom, when I went to click on a personal website of his - http://juangilenvironmentwork.blogspot.com/ - the following POTCO "Aztec" art created by him (an ex-Disney Interactive Modeler/Texture/Environment Artist whom had contributed to POTCO) are included below:

idol01Spreadsheet.jpg

idol02Spreadsheet.jpg

skeleton01Spreadsheet.jpg

skeleton02Spreadsheet.jpg

*Everyone::piratemickey:

The above concept art represents that Disney Interactive artists were at one time working hard to have this Jolly Roger (Aztec) Island conceptualized and added into the game.

Very interesting! Its really sad to see that they worked so hard on this just to see it canceled.

You know exactly if this update came out, that the game would of probably lasted a few more months. It is sad to say this but it is true. It sucks that they couldn't of just did something like a content updated for us.why did they ever fire this guy, he could of been a big asset. Honestly, if they put in any of these updates, not only would it look amazing but also it would of increased there profits! I hate Disney even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though there were a lot of things planned for POTCO which Disney choose to not implement, one has to wonder if there was good reason behind these things not being implemented (game-development) wise.

Perhaps such added features would have had an adverse effect on the game's infrastructure and latency. Regardless, it's cool to understand that DISNEY :piratemickey:was fully responsible for such concept art and unreleased features.

Even though there were a lot of things planned for POTCO which Disney choose to not implement, one has to wonder if there was good reason behind these things not being implemented (game-development) wise.

Perhaps such added features would have had an adverse effect on the game's infrastructure and latency. Regardless, it's cool to understand that DISNEY :piratemickey:was fully responsible for such concept art and unreleased features.

Thread necromancy at its finest. I wasn't even paying attention and I ended up liking a bunch of posts from three years ago. Worse yet, I was about to tell him that there were already a few threads about Jolly Roger's Island and having it be implemented into TLOPO.

It's all on you, man. Way to go.

Jolly Roger island I feel would've either been a fantastic addition to the game (better than ravens cove) or been a large misstep and disappointment for it being the domain of a character largely key to the on going story of the game.

Back