Suggestion Jolly Roger's Island

Should This New Island Be Added To TLOPO?

• Yes

Votes: 55 98.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I was exploring the POTCO wiki when I stumbled across this: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Jolly_Roger's_Island?comments_page=1 and I thought it would be a really cool new thing to add to TLOPO. However, it may be difficult for the devs as this update was canceled for costing to much money. However, it would be a REALLY cool major update, in my opinion. Tell me what you think!
The update was also supposed to include new weapons and probably new enemies too, which would also be super cool! Plus, the whole idea of an island dedicated to Jolly Roger is exciting and this island could lead to a whole new story quest, which is my favorite quest type! Even the backstory behind the island is interesting!

Last edited:
I think that the official word from the developers was that they won't be working on something like this as of yet. Reason being, is that we've seen a bit of Disney's work on the said project, whether was it developers insights or information we have on wiki and thus it would be a lot more difficult to start working on an island like Jolly's because you already know what to expect. And they have to "perfectly" (by no means perfect) make it resemble Disney's initial work. A lot more difficult.
Instead, they are using their creativity by working on Isla Escondida which is a lot more arbitrary as project/goal.:pirate:
{Not to say they won't be working on it eventually, but there are other priorities now}

Yeah, hopefully Disney wouldn't do something like claim that TLOPO altered their "vision" for Jolly Roger's Island and twisted their works. Though I doubt they would be that petty nor care.

Didn't know this, but there will be a lot of storyline additions.. Maybe this will be one of them :)
I heard somewhere that there's already plans/work on 10 additional storylines... (not 100% sure though, don't quote me:D)

As for Jollys' Island it's been on The Crews and everyone's radar for a few years now, so it's definitely something along with the Kraken which have a good chance of seeing the light of day in the next couple of years. (Maybe even my suggestion of Haiti with a new class of enemy and a Zombie Witchdoctor Boss might have a chance some day)

As for Disneys' funding, I found a blog by someone that worked on POTCO in the digital media side. He stated that POTCO was profitable right up to the very end, Management were taking the profits from POTCO and investing it into other projects, I guess like Club Penguin etc. basically they just pulled the plug and bled it dry for no real reason!:daggermouth:
:rumgone::pirate ship::piratemickey::razz:

I feel like this island would be better for the final story quest boss battle. You would have to gather a massive crew of pirates, and you start at the docks of the island, where you have to fight off huge squads of level 50+ enemies. You slowly work your way all the way up to the citadel where you engage in a final battle with Jolly Roger. It would be taking the Invasion to his doorstep instead of letting him come to us.

@Tobias Deckcrash posted something similar to this that I found a while back. What do you think Tobias?
I don't quite remember writing about the Jolly Roger Island, but I think it should remain scrapped. Though it would be very interesting to see in game, I personally believe that it was scrapped for a reason. TLOPO has a nice and fancy story-line planned out for the rest of game (which Disney could not finish), so I say that we just wait to see what that will bring us. I'm not saying that I don't want to see the island, I would just prefer that we wait until TLOPO is completed, then consider the options.

Thanks for tagging me on this, I'm glad my opinion was asked for. :)

-Deckcrash

Back