PvP  Jumper Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I have only pvped a few times and it was just for fun and a learning experience. The whole jumper thing has me confused. I'm assuming it is something you do when in a pvp match, are you jumping around alot, jumping from weapon to weapon, what clarifies one as a Jumper? Seems like things are taking a serious turn, in this thread. Just a friendly reminder, this is a game after all and is for fun. I'm sure everyone has different skill levels when it comes to pvp and general game play. I really don't see the need to put the way others pvp down. Thanks guys, have fun in your pvp and remember it is a game after all and should be fun! :)

No honorable person would crash anyone.. following the rules rules or not, anyone with such malice does not merit any sort of respect from me.

As has been pointed out, please don't act as if you speak for all "jumpers" or on behalf of any group which you do not, or make others feel inferior for doing one thing or another. Everyone has different opinions and ways of going about things and they must all be respected.

The report button does certainly work, but there is a threshold for number of times reported before they receive immediate attention. I don't think the moderators can necessarily know they are glitching or crashing others, so as pointed out it is best to use the bug report form to send in a more detailed report.

Debate what you wish, but no personal insults or attacks or this thread will be closed.

Thank you,

No honorable person would crash anyone.. following the rules rules or not, anyone with such malice does not merit any sort of respect from me.

As has been pointed out, please don't act as if you speak for all "jumpers" or on behalf of any group which you do not, or make others feel inferior for doing one thing or another. Everyone has different opinions and ways of going about things and they must all be respected.

The report button does certainly work, but there is a threshold for number of times reported before they receive immediate attention. I don't think the moderators can necessarily know they are glitching or crashing others, so as pointed out it is best to use the bug report form to send in a more detailed report.

Debate what you wish, but no personal insults or attacks or this thread will be closed.

Thank you,[/quote

ive heard from several ppl that report dont work unless its a big chat violation like curesing

As I said there is a threshold, meaning an account won't be flagged for immediate review without a minimum number of reports. It is easy to say it doesn't work just because someone you report did not get banned for one reason or another.. but most of those reports only go as far as the chat logs.

ok my very good friend Koma, Coma Jr., Switchblade Coma, agrees with you Tresurer...it is like an unwritten rule in honest pvp competition no other weapons except swords (minus Broadsword for obvious reasons and any freeze weapons for that matter) and daggers (except silver freeze for reasons stated earlier) and some times a witness of neutral ground like say me for i am no threat to jumper pvps let alone pvp in general although i did beat Coma once i was owned the rest of the match...it was like a symphony of your demise dancing and jumping before me lol true story..:D

I'm a rookie at jumping at first i do good.... but the longer i go jumping the farther of i go and the more i miss can anyone tell me how i can get better aim or how to stay steady?

I actually laugh when people say dolls are unfair - we are pirates, and besides, you can just throw an asp on them.
Besides, personally, i earned my doll and i would like to use it when ever i want.

Wow Chris, I too find your posts insulting.

Every jumper I have met has always said "blades no tonics" before a PvP. No exceptions. With the new weapons, they tend to only use broadsword if YOU use a broadsword first.

But then, perhaps I could say in response to your insults, all people who pvp are lame. It is a small aspect of the game, fraught with problems and relatively unimportant. (Note: that isn't actually true - I've even met a few nice people who happened to be jumpers.) The point is: different people have different interests.

As a general rule, I don't PvP. A person's computer (network lag, game freezes, rendering defects) determines who will win a PvP match, MORESO than their individual ability, level(s), weapons or skill point allocations. Saying that level does not matter, exhibits a profound lack of knowledge about the game and PvP. That tends to discredit the useful information you were trying to convey.

Could you please do me a favor, and edit your original post to remove the exotic formatting (font size and color) that makes it so hard to read. And please correct the spelling and grammar errors, to give your post a better sense of validity. Thanks in advance!
EDIT (Oct 22, 2010 4:52 PM):

Who do you play, that doesn't consider fast switching "cheating"? And blunderbusing every 2 seconds is the bayonet exploit...also cheating. Siege glitch (fast switch siege/cutlass/siege) is also cheating. Am I misreading your posts?

misreading fs isnt really considered cheating by jumpers unless thery use really strong weapons( liek blunder ) or if ( when the glitch was still around ) the critical siege

i dont like jumpers. thats why i dont pvp. because its no fun. and alot of jumpers i have met have lied to me. i ask are you a jumper before a match. they say no i hate those. then we get there and bang they start jumping. and chris you make it sound like thats what all the jumpers believe. and i dont see how certain weapons are considered cheating. i mean isnt pvp meant to see who has the best weapons? so stop making us non jumpers seem so stupid and weak. when really if it wasnt for jumping we would own you

I agree! We got the quest to get it, we earned it, and potco put it into the game for us to use.

so did the other person lol but its a really cheap weapon to just chain someone and run around in cricles in order to kill and if you say its as simple as using asp? lets seee u hit a moving target with a single asp at a distance and see how easy it is

so did the other person lol but its a really cheap weapon to just chain someone and run around in cricles in order to kill and if you say its as simple as using asp? lets seee u hit a moving target with a single asp at a distance and see how easy it is
There has to be some variety, and it kind of balances the game. It can't all be hack n' slash close combat. Need to have difference! And a challenge for the most part.

i dont like jumpers. thats why i dont pvp. because its no fun. and alot of jumpers i have met have lied to me. i ask are you a jumper before a match. they say no i hate those. then we get there and bang they start jumping. and chris you make it sound like thats what all the jumpers believe. and i dont see how certain weapons are considered cheating. i mean isnt pvp meant to see who has the best weapons? so stop making us non jumpers seem so stupid and weak. when really if it wasnt for jumping we would own you

jumpers have some pretty strong weapons to you know my cutlass ( black shark blade ) does 1500 damage with a blade storm if if goes crit in pvp witch it does alot and like ive said time and time againWHAT FUN is clicking till someone falls over dead? and the point of pvp is to find out whos better not who has the best weapon its not the weapon that matters its the weapons weilder

On doll use, I have to side with Mr. Foulroberts. It's there, I'm using it. Feel free to do whatever you like in PvP as so long as it doesn't technically exploit the game (glitches, etc.), but considering one weapon over another to be cheating is quite off. There is some semblance of balance in that Asp of Viper's Nest can break an attunement, so use that if you're really upset about it.

In terms of things not being challenging, I can see that you find an opponent's use of a doll a challenge to overcome. I would suggest looking to that and trying to improve your doll defense if you want to hone your PvP skills even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back