PvP  Jumper Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that this thread is called "Jumper Rules", so it is discussing things about what Jumpers do. But we have to be ready for an open discussion here, because a lot of pirates are not 'jumpers'. That terminology itself is mind boggling to me, it is not an official title that has sets of parameters to define it. It covers such a grey area that it's hard to agree what considers jumpers or not. Ask 20 ppl who call themselves jumpers, and chances are you'd get at least more than one answer. That's why we could 'argue' (read: discuss) all year long about what jumpers do and don't, but we would never come to an agreement on the definition and limitations.

And I'm not a PvP-er, but Infamy makes it difficult for me to avoid PvP. I'd like to have a PvP badge too even though I'm not in a dire need of it, so I'd need to do PvP somehow. With that said, I agree with everyone who says that we all have weapons and they are there to be used (I love my doll and broadsword). The word 'cheating' is too harsh to be used on the so-called 'non-jumpers', since we all can't agree what 'jumpers' are anyways. What considers cheating is - like Corey said - if we'd like to do PvP and we don't jump around, and we ask other who we are about to do PvP with if they jump around a lot (not to say 'jumpers'), and they say 'NO', then they do it anyway. That's cheating. We (or I in this case) would like a plain PvP, jumping is ok, but don't dominate the entire game with it. That's the only way I would like to do my PvP and have a chance to get Infamy. So when we ask something like that to others, it's very important that we agree upon before we start. That agreement needs to be respected and followed.

SVS players aren't told they can't use explosives or fury. Why do pvp players need limitations? Do they get defeated easier? I don't pvp. No interest in it.

There shouldn't be rules in PvP. (except for the rules Disney put, if there even IS any) When there is, I do exactly whatever they said not to do, because they are not my parents. They may be adults but they are not my mom/dad. And, I leveled up my weapons for PvP... I'm going to use them. I took the time to loot for my broadsword and doll. I will use them. Not trying to start anything but this is what I say.

I don't PVP any jumpers anymore. I used to partake in it on abassa a long time ago but no longer. I see it now as a weakness being a jumper. If you can't beat a doll then thats your problem not mine. i PVP with my guild the regular way everything goes. Disney gave it to us that way and thats how i intend to play. Not trying to make jumpers sound bad but... You just want rules so you can beat the other person? You take out the weapons you can't beat so you can beat them?

The Level will matter if you PVP with all weapons. My guild does it but it just serves as another motive to get to a higher level. I worked hard for my level and my weapons strength so i intend to use them in all aspects of the game.

Granted i can beat people in the true way to PVP and the jumper way.

because svs is knida free lancing theres no specific type of player like jumpers or non-jumpers as in pvp
Sounds like jumpers are inferior to regular pirates. Pirates use whatever means available to defeat an enemy. They don't parlay before a fight! Arrrrrr. If I pvp I play by disneys rules!! Any weapon goes. If you call that cheating, then don't play me.

Sounds like jumpers are inferior to regular pirates. Pirates use whatever means available to defeat an enemy. They don't parlay before a fight! Arrrrrr. If I pvp I play by disneys rules!! Any weapon goes. If you call that cheating, then don't play me.

its nit cheating as much as its just cheap
You clearly dont SvS much...

no i just did it fior the hats lol

I think the point is this: PvP has all different types of people who play. Everyone plays differently, and in order to be the best, you need to be able to beat everything people can throw at you. If that means getting very good at Asp-ing someone from across the map to break an attunement, aiming well with a repeater to kill a jumper, or whacking away with a broadsword to straight up maul someone, thats what you'll have to learn. You need to learn the counters, the breaks, and everything else in order to succeed.

If you're not willing to learn them, or flat out accuse someone else of cheating because you can't cope with how they play, then you have no business in PvP.

witch makes the pvp unfair tho those who are trying

First off, "which" is the word you're looking for.

Second, I see you completely ignored my previous post. If you can't deal with the way someone is playing, either stop playing, or figure out how to beat them and practice doing that. If you go ahead and make yourself better at doing everything, you don't have to worry about how other people are playing.

There has to be some variety, and it kind of balances the game. It can't all be hack n' slash close combat. Need to have difference! And a challenge for the most part.
Yeah, because running in circles slowing sending someone into a burning rage on the other end of the computer is DEFINITELY a challenge.
'Oh look at me, I'm so tough I gotta run is circles'
Sry, I just REALLY hate ppl who think doll is PvP fair play

On doll use, I have to side with Mr. Foulroberts. It's there, I'm using it. Feel free to do whatever you like in PvP as so long as it doesn't technically exploit the game (glitches, etc.), but considering one weapon over another to be cheating is quite off. There is some semblance of balance in that Asp of Viper's Nest can break an attunement, so use that if you're really upset about it.

In terms of things not being challenging, I can see that you find an opponent's use of a doll a challenge to overcome. I would suggest looking to that and trying to improve your doll defense if you want to hone your PvP skills even further.
Ok, so, the only problem with, oh they can break it with asp or Viper's nest, is that theres this stupid thing called attune lock, after breaking an attunement, the doll noob gets 30 free play with their unlucky victim

because svs is knida free lancing theres no specific type of player like jumpers or non-jumpers as in pvp
Except for Light Sloops of Death, (nickname me and a friend gave them :cool:) SvS is won big pileup of random ships, ammos, nutters, with no ultimate goal and a great way to blow off steam, except when it builds up more steam xD

You clearly dont SvS much...
I dont see how SvS isnt one big free-for-all, and i SvS PLENTY so please dont insult my SvS intelegence:eek:

ok to sum up my series of posts, here we go:
1: Jumpers = NOOBS
Jumpers, I hate you. There not that hard aye? Nothing personal but making up rules, then breaking them = cheap. Making up rules so its easier for YOU to win = cheap. Dodging other pirate's attack, = too cheap for even Jolly Roger. Period.
2: Doll = noobs who make me: :drink:, then ::rumgone:, then I make them swim with the::fish:'s
Honestly, using grave shackles to keep a pirate from getting at you, means you cant beat them without cheap voodoo pranks. Life drain, means that your losing and don't wanna admit it.
3:Broadswords, Guns, etc, = PIRATE WAYS; I've been called a noob for using a real weapon, a broadsword. if you got a problem with people using guns, using broadsword, then STOP DOING PVP.

I think that the whole thing really got a spotlight when Infamy came out, before that, nobody gave a hoot if you jumped, used a doll, etc, now that people are trying to get somewhere, these things now get more attention.

If you disagree with me, I encourage you to respond!

Gladly. Read the below post again, carefully and slowly. I've bolded it for easier reading. Perhaps it'll make more sense the second go around.

I think the point is this: PvP has all different types of people who play. Everyone plays differently, and in order to be the best, you need to be able to beat everything people can throw at you. If that means getting very good at Asp-ing someone from across the map to break an attunement, aiming well with a repeater to kill a jumper, or whacking away with a broadsword to straight up maul someone, thats what you'll have to learn. You need to learn the counters, the breaks, and everything else in order to succeed.

If you're not willing to learn them, or flat out accuse someone else of cheating because you can't cope with how they play, then you have no business in PvP.

1: Jumpers = NOOBS
Jumpers, I hate you. There not that hard aye? Nothing personal but making up rules, then breaking them = cheap. Making up rules so its easier for YOU to win = cheap. Dodging other pirate's attack, = too cheap for even Jolly Roger. Period.
2: Doll = noobs who make me: :drink:, then ::rumgone:, then I make them swim with the::fish:'s
Honestly, using grave shackles to keep a pirate from getting at you, means you cant beat them without cheap voodoo pranks. Life drain, means that your losing and don't wanna admit it.
3:Broadswords, Guns, etc, = PIRATE WAYS; I've been called a noob for using a real weapon, a broadsword. if you got a problem with people using guns, using broadsword, then STOP DOING PVP.

I think that the whole thing really got a spotlight when Infamy came out, before that, nobody gave a hoot if you jumped, used a doll, etc, now that people are trying to get somewhere, these things now get more attention.

dodging attacks isnt cheap lol its smart thinking rofl and jumper rules are universal every jumper follows them ( well most no so much anymore sense they removed fs and most of them free lance by jumping with pistols blunders and broadswords witch is REALLY cheap on their part ) and even when jumpers pvp each others the rules dont change unless its against a much lower level opponent then ( for me anyway ) its rusty cutlass and no skills vs that pirate and also real pirates didnt use broads like they do in the game i dont think they spint wildly to attack multiple oppenents thats just something disney did to make leveling and looting easier i honestly have no problem with blunders unless they use them to spawn camp but repeaters are just like using grave shackles they can take u out from across the map and keep u from hitting them ( witch i think qualifies as avoding attakcs like u said u hated earlier )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back