PvP  Jumper Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some jumpers can get really annoyed if you kill them using anything other than: blunderbuss, sword, or dagger. Here are the do's and donts:

1. NEVER Use a doll on a jumper because all jumpers know how to crash your game and will do so
  2. NEVER use broadsword
  3. DO use cutlass or saver ( these are acceptable to jumpers )
  4. NEVER use a repeater, bayonet, or musket on a jumper
  5. NEVER Cheat by using a lag button or speed hack jumpers will no if you are
  6. NEVER break rules set fourth for PVP if you do you will probably get crashed
  7. Do use grenades
  8. Do use dagger
  9. Do use throwing knives
  10. NEVER use staff

These are the rules that most honorable jumpers follow.

Hmm that is strange I don't know any jumpers that say you can use grenades?
It's always been blades and no tonics :rolleyes:
I must say your post portrays jumpers in a very bad way when you continue to say they will crash you.

This makes absolutley no sense at all if I'm in a pvp and the coward is jumping around I'm gonna use a broadsword so I can attack him and there's no rule against using a doll on them. If the guy crashes me on purpose like I believe you said they would I will report that jumping little coward.

agreed... its annoying and dumb.. just another way people ruin the game :eek:

yea but the report button DOESNT WORK it just removes the chat u gotta go into a bug report and report but even then disney cant do anything because it was a action they didnt say anything and if u new how hardcore ppl were at jumping u shouldnt call them cowards if u gave them a broadsword youd never win in pvp against one theyd own u and De alot of jumpers use grenades ( or at least the strong jumpers like meh ) if u use siege right u can take a half a pirates health thats what the fast swap is for
EDIT (Oct 21, 2010 9:43 PM):
P.S. if disney didnt want ppl to jump theyd remove the ability to jump in pvp and even then theres sliding witch is a toatlly different style

yea but the report button DOESNT WORK it just removes the chat u gotta go into a bug report and report but even then disney cant do anything because it was a action they didnt say anything and if u new how hardcore ppl were at jumping u shouldnt call them cowards if u gave them a broadsword youd never win in pvp against one theyd own u and De alot of jumpers use grenades ( or at least the strong jumpers like meh ) if u use siege right u can take a half a pirates health thats what the fast swap is for
P.S. if disney didnt want ppl to jump theyd remove the ability to jump in pvp and even then theres sliding witch is a toatlly different style

Chris. For one I did not say NONE of them used grenades. I simply said NONE of the jumpers I know use them. It has always been Blades and no tonic. That is all ive known.
Also, I would not tell anyone they would never win by a jumper due to them being so "hardcore" many of us who are just plain ole "pirates" are pretty "hardcore" as well. To me that is an insult. I know many so called jumpers who could not OWN a lot of ppl. Just because you label yourself a "jumper" does not mean your a hardcore pirate who can "own" anyone. Sorry that rubbed me the wrong way and yes, maybe this is why I am going on vacation.
So if this offends you I am sorry but what you just posted offended me. Just speaking my mind. :p

Chris. For one I did not say NONE of them used grenades. I simply said NONE of the jumpers I know use them. It has always been Blades and no tonic. That is all ive known.
Also, I would not tell anyone they would never win by a jumper due to them being so "hardcore" many of us who are just plain ole "pirates" are pretty "hardcore" as well. To me that is an insult. I know many so called jumpers who could not OWN a lot of ppl. Just because you label yourself a "jumper" does not mean your a hardcore pirate who can "own" anyone. Sorry that rubbed me the wrong way and yes, maybe this is why I am going on vacation.
So if this offends you I am sorry but what you just posted offended me. Just speaking my mind. :p
lol it doesnt offend me but anoyne who doesnt jump ( that dont use a brod ) cant own a jumper because of accuracy and most jumpers do only use swords that the main weapon but some like to mix it up with grenades but never voodoo weapons it takes alot to become a jumper and jumpers can take on full crews of mastered pirates with a brod and win if u let them use it but most use a cutlass to inprove their high accuracy the only ppl i have ever lost to ( recently after i started pvp ALOT and got rly good ) is Spade and Don alejeandro de castello if it was just a normal pirate ( like will ) with a cutlass i mean ANY cutlass they wanted and a jumper with a rusty cutlass the jumper would win do the failure to hit him and the fact that jumpers have a high accuracy and the rusty cutlass owns
EDIT (Oct 21, 2010 10:08 PM):
P.S. by lose to i mean cutlass vs cutlass no tonic ( but i can beat don were at about the same lvl )

when most ppl use grenade in pvp they mainly only use bombs on higher lvls opponets that have more health like lvl 40 - 50 if they use it on lower lvl its just unfair i agree ( unless there being teamed ) but if u get close enough to them when they do it a seige can almost won hit kill most jumpers if they hit them selves so thats my stratagy for that treasurer

Yeah I hate when people use grenades, that is really not fighting, is more like they can't win and want to take advantage of the other pirates, and been been a jumper like forever and the rules are "Not tonics, no dolls", and "blades only", the grenade is for weaks

First of all can you explain what a jumper is? Also who makes up these rules of what you can use or shouldn't use. Personally i like grenades.

First of all can you explain what a jumper is? Also who makes up these rules of what you can use or shouldn't use.
Well the rules are like a legacy from all PVP players from previous times. They are general rules so that pirates can be fair to each other. For example, if you are a level 20 and against another level 20, and you use doll against one of the two, he has no chance to survive if you go running around , using the doll. That is why in PVP games, dolls are generally not liked. How would you feel if someone attunes you and drain your health, scape running around, and you have no chance of fighting back? would you enjoy that game?

The only fair weapons that you could face your opponent with is your sword, and your dagger. If you use staff, you could easily leave someone with no chance of winning, these pretty much are the rules that have been there like forever. And adopted by new pvpeers, who come into the pvp scene as they learn to actually enjoy the pvp games. A lot people don't know about the rules, bu t again, they don't pvp as much, so they don't know any better. Some times players set the rules right before they start a pvp challenge. And some times the are taken by surprise.

For example: I am a level 35, and a level 45 starts using doll on me, I would have no chance. And the game becomes unfair, that is why pvpeer have brought general rules to face their challenges and that make a level of experience that both can have fair chances. Otherwise the game becomes pointless.

Now, the jumping - just makes it more exciting for some people to fight, but it become boring not to jump, as they are used to the speed and fast paced fighting. And there could be a lot of other reasons. Is much like racing - would you make your car go slow just because some some new drives don't know what they are doing? , you would only probably for politeness, but definitely don't have to, and if you are an experienced driver, you have the right to use your skills as long it is a fair game, which follow the rules?

and lvls dont normally matter in pvp unless someone usses a unfair weapon for example i have a lvl 30 pirate and i can beat a lvl 50 with a cutlass if he doesnt cheat

Thanks Treasurer for explaining. Shows you how much i know about PVP lol. Mollys quest will be to learn pvp. I did it a couple of times and won. Then i found out they were lvl 10 no wonder i won!

molly i give pvp lessons if u wanna learn tell me and i can teach u sometime when im on
EDIT (Oct 22, 2010 12:05 AM):
Hmm that is strange I don't know any jumpers that say you can use grenades?
It's always been blades and no tonics :rolleyes:
I must say your post portrays jumpers in a very bad way when you continue to say they will crash you.
alot of the hardcore jumpers the rly good ppl on abassa will crash u if u use doll or other weapons that are considered cheating

I doubt that if there better with a broadsword then they should use it I am absolutley not a jumper yet I still dominate in pvp all time yes I use broadsword, but in my opinion if they don't like it thats there problem the broadsword is the best weapon ever because it gets the job done.

u using a broadsword to us is like me using my ownig blunderbuss on u and yes when a jumper gets a broad theres a special technique to avoiding all attack while hitting ur opponent with broadsowrd

molly i give pvp lessons if u wanna learn tell me and i can teach u sometime when im on
EDIT (Oct 22, 2010 12:05 AM):

alot of the hardcore jumpers the rly good ppl on abassa will crash u if u use doll or other weapons that are considered cheating

Its not cheating in the slightest way the doll is a weapon and people will use it when and how they want there is absolutley no cheating going on. Pvp isn't for jumpers only and there are no rules that jumper rules must be followed. If jumpers follow these rules to earn the title jumper thats good for them, but I'm a pirate I use my best weapon and I cut anyone who is a threat.

Wow Chris, I too find your posts insulting.

Every jumper I have met has always said "blades no tonics" before a PvP. No exceptions. With the new weapons, they tend to only use broadsword if YOU use a broadsword first.

But then, perhaps I could say in response to your insults, all people who pvp are lame. It is a small aspect of the game, fraught with problems and relatively unimportant. (Note: that isn't actually true - I've even met a few nice people who happened to be jumpers.) The point is: different people have different interests.

As a general rule, I don't PvP. A person's computer (network lag, game freezes, rendering defects) determines who will win a PvP match, MORESO than their individual ability, level(s), weapons or skill point allocations. Saying that level does not matter, exhibits a profound lack of knowledge about the game and PvP. That tends to discredit the useful information you were trying to convey.

Could you please do me a favor, and edit your original post to remove the exotic formatting (font size and color) that makes it so hard to read. And please correct the spelling and grammar errors, to give your post a better sense of validity. Thanks in advance!
EDIT (Oct 22, 2010 4:52 PM):
and lvls dont normally matter in pvp unless someone usses a unfair weapon for example i have a lvl 30 pirate and i can beat a lvl 50 with a cutlass if he doesnt cheat

Who do you play, that doesn't consider fast switching "cheating"? And blunderbusing every 2 seconds is the bayonet exploit...also cheating. Siege glitch (fast switch siege/cutlass/siege) is also cheating. Am I misreading your posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back