Discussion Just going to post this here

somebody ACTUALLY thought the video was anti government and patriotic LOOL.... anyway amazing video i might give an opinion on what I'd like to see because people only classify me as a role play reject gorilla :mad: i like to embrace all walks of life in the game but with efficiency and cohesiveness.

next time i post it'll be more formal and neat just wanted to comment since i decided to login the forums 🐢

Just got back into this game after about 10 months and noticed there hasn't been any invasions recently. Have invasions been discontinued, under work, or only happen rarely now?

Just got back into this game after about 10 months and noticed there hasn't been any invasions recently. Have invasions been discontinued, under work, or only happen rarely now?
I remember seeing one less than a month ago. Or maybe exactly one month ago. It was on Abassa, and there was well over 200 people present. Right as we were about to win, the district reset. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons why server limits were added soon after, but it could be a coincidence. It was hilarious and painful at the same time.

I remember seeing one less than a month ago. Or maybe exactly one month ago. It was on Abassa, and there was well over 200 people present. Right as we were about to win, the district reset. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons why server limits were added soon after, but it could be a coincidence. It was hilarious and painful at the same time.
Nothing like Abassa and an invasion lol. Thanks for the info and hopefully another invasion will come around soon.

I think invasions have semi been stopped. They are the cause for many issues they still happen from time to time but since really the pyp update I have seen maybe one or two invasions.

I've seen a few invasions happening since I've been back. They were all on different servers and I haven't taken part in one yet since my return

Hey, I made this video.

Anyways, here's some notes I compiled for the video and added a bit to. These are just my ideas for what the TLOPO Staff should consider doing. Of course, no disrespect toward any staff members, they're volunteering their time to keep the game running, after all.

Some of these changes/additions are game updates, others can be done without any updates at all.

I believe that what's listed here will greatly improve the game's situation, but of course these ideas will have to be discussed and thought out in further detail.

Enhancing Reach
  • Focus marketing efforts on YouTube
    • Optimize channel & video SEO
    • Upload regular videos
      • Upcoming content streams
      • New content videos
      • New Player’s Guide
      • Videos of in-game events
Enhancing Retention
  • Game Updates:
    • A global chat tab that only displays when it’s been opened
    • An ocean chat tab that only displays when it’s been opened
    • An in-game guild list that players can join from
      • Allow GMs/Co-GMs to toggle recruitment on
  • Decrease number of oceans (if it doesn't cause any problems server architecture-wise)
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Broken quest tracker
    • Sailing/SvS bugs
Enhancing Community Cohesion
  • Game Updates:
    • A PvP and SvS enabled ocean
      • Disable teleportation and stowing away to other islands on the ocean
      • Designate one island and the waters around it as a safe zone
      • Potentially disable guildmates being able to damage each other
      • Send those that are knocked out back to the safe zone
      • Enable double/triple loot on the ocean
  • Game Events:
    • Host more regular GM events
      • Incentivize players to take part
      • Royal Navy, EITC, Pirate events
        • Expand to Spanish and French when population permits
        • Establish community "factions" (Royal Navy, EITC, etc.)
      • Tie-in existing roleplaying guilds/communities into these GM events
Promoting Community Interaction
  • Competition
    • Promote rivalry between different GM factions
      • Encourage players and guilds to pick a side
      • Host PvP/SvS events
        • Stream events
    • Host GM events on a PvP/SvS enabled ocean

Hey, I made this video.

Anyways, here's some notes I compiled for the video and added a bit to. These are just my ideas for what the TLOPO Staff should consider doing. Of course, no disrespect toward any staff members, they're volunteering their time to keep the game running, after all.

Some of these changes/additions are game updates, others can be done without any updates at all.

I believe that what's listed here will greatly improve the game's situation, but of course these ideas will have to be discussed and thought out in further detail.

Enhancing Reach
  • Focus marketing efforts on YouTube
    • Optimize channel & video SEO
    • Upload regular videos
      • Upcoming content streams
      • New content videos
      • New Player’s Guide
      • Videos of in-game events
Enhancing Retention
  • Game Updates:
    • A global chat tab that only displays when it’s been opened
    • An ocean chat tab that only displays when it’s been opened
    • An in-game guild list that players can join from
      • Allow GMs/Co-GMs to toggle recruitment on
  • Decrease number of oceans (if it doesn't cause any problems server architecture-wise)
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Broken quest tracker
    • Sailing/SvS bugs
Enhancing Community Cohesion
  • Game Updates:
    • A PvP and SvS enabled ocean
      • Disable teleportation and stowing away to other islands on the ocean
      • Designate one island and the waters around it as a safe zone
      • Potentially disable guildmates being able to damage each other
      • Send those that are knocked out back to the safe zone
      • Enable double/triple loot on the ocean
  • Game Events:
    • Host more regular GM events
      • Incentivize players to take part
      • Royal Navy, EITC, Pirate events
        • Expand to Spanish and French when population permits
        • Establish community "factions" (Royal Navy, EITC, etc.)
      • Tie-in existing roleplaying guilds/communities into these GM events
Promoting Community Interaction
  • Competition
    • Promote rivalry between different GM factions
      • Encourage players and guilds to pick a side
      • Host PvP/SvS events
        • Stream events
    • Host GM events on a PvP/SvS enabled ocean
I really love these ideas! Here are mine:

• Instead of a separate chat window for global, why not make it for crews, guilds, etc as well?
• easier way to promote pirates in guilds
• more detailed islands
• hands seem to be pretty weird looking
• fix bug issue pertaining “game not responding”
• guild-only lobby feature
• friend-only lobby feature
• allow “guild search” in-game
• obviously more islands/NPC’s

Well I agree with pretty much everything you said @Davy Gunfish... It'd sure make the game a lot more interesting if nothing else.
For one thing I can easily say that a server dedicated to PvP is something that as you briefly mentioned would affect multiple sects of the community positively (at least how I see it).

The PvP community: would finally have an easy way to engage in pvp in a more active and large scale environment
The Roleplayers: would likely piggy back off this server with the ability to have "wars" between different nations, each other, etc.
The Looters: would have reason to participate in order to gain the loot obviously and also would give them a much more fun way to continue playing without having to monotonously hack and slash npcs.

While I definitely think it shouldnt be muertos moon style (where everyone is skeletons) since that would make it hard for roleplayers to actually keep uniforms and roleplay going when everyone looks weird.
But the issue with that is POTCO specifically made it so that you could not attack any other human player and you can't shoot any human. This probably has something to do with the rating of the game and I'm not sure if TLOPO would want to change this since they are trying to uphold the original rating of the game.

Wym by this
So usually, your guild mates, local, and crew are all in one chat log. I was just making the suggestion of separate chat windows so that it’s easier to read.

This game to mind since there are a good deal of spammers in local chat, so I can’t read what my crew mate said :/

Well I agree with pretty much everything you said @Davy Gunfish... It'd sure make the game a lot more interesting if nothing else.
For one thing I can easily say that a server dedicated to PvP is something that as you briefly mentioned would affect multiple sects of the community positively (at least how I see it).

The PvP community: would finally have an easy way to engage in pvp in a more active and large scale environment
The Roleplayers: would likely piggy back off this server with the ability to have "wars" between different nations, each other, etc.
The Looters: would have reason to participate in order to gain the loot obviously and also would give them a much more fun way to continue playing without having to monotonously hack and slash npcs.

While I definitely think it shouldnt be muertos moon style (where everyone is skeletons) since that would make it hard for roleplayers to actually keep uniforms and roleplay going when everyone looks weird.
But the issue with that is POTCO specifically made it so that you could not attack any other human player and you can't shoot any human. This probably has something to do with the rating of the game and I'm not sure if TLOPO would want to change this since they are trying to uphold the original rating of the game.

Honestly don't see it being such a major issue. You can already shoot live creatures like alligators, and there aren't any gore effects.

Honestly don't see it being such a major issue. You can already shoot live creatures like alligators, and there aren't any gore effects.
it'd likely have to be pvp with anything other than guns, and honestly that's fine imo, guns are OP and annoying anyway.
i seriously doubt TLOPO would want to go back on the no shooting humans thing, especially with the measures they've taken with things like the chat system

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I saw it as being more an issue of POTCO not wanting players to be allowed to shoot other humans. I don't think they really care about shooting aligators or creatures.. that's not quite the same thing as shooting humans, people do that in real life its called hunting lol
it'd likely have to be pvp with anything other than guns, and honestly that's fine imo, guns are OP and annoying anyway.
i seriously doubt TLOPO would want to go back on the no shooting humans thing, especially with the measures they've taken with things like the chat system
I'd have to agree with you and as you stated it's probably best that way because guns are much too overpowered in PvP. They're fine in PvE but they just aren't meant for PvP. I think swords, daggers, and maybe grenades.. (that's a maybe) are sufficient.

ALSO: Just wanted to mention that this reminded me of the features that were said to exist when you could throw grenades at other ships and players. This is not something I claim to be educated on (I think that happened before I started playing POTCO). But would that be possible to re-implement for this purpose? Like having one dedicated server or something as mentioned in the video in which you can use that feature? I believe this is something that was used for SvS and maybe flagshipping or something? Can someone who is more educated on the topic further explain?

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I saw it as being more an issue of POTCO not wanting players to be allowed to shoot other humans. I don't think they really care about shooting aligators or creatures.. that's not quite the same thing as shooting humans, people do that in real life its called hunting lol
I never understood why you couldn't shoot humans but you could cut them up, blow them up, set them on fire and literally suck the life out of them.

I never understood why you couldn't shoot humans but you could cut them up, blow them up, set them on fire and literally suck the life out of them.
You beat me to it. Especially since the story of POTCO/TLOPO can get pretty grim on its own. Jolly Roger consumes someone's life force within the first ten or so minutes of gameplay. His line "nothing beats a good fight before a meal" indicates that he intends to devour Jack Sparrow/Governor Swann's soul. El Patron went mad with power and drove his entire crew to starvation even as they desperately attempted to imprison him before he went crazier and save themselves. The Watcher massacred an entire town in her rage after Windshadow destroyed her shrine. The entire history of Raven's Cove is just one bleak, grim nightmare. But then we can blow each other's heads off with blunderbusses just because we look a little uglier?

Characters in the movies are shooting each other left and right. Someone is literally blown up by a grenade stuffed inside them in the first movie. There are corpses hanging from the rocks outside Port Royal. The Crew of the Silent Mary are horrifically deformed. The man who protects the Pirate Code shoots another pirate in the back for daring to speak against it. Yet shooting other pirates is against the code? WHAT?

I'd like to say that I understand completely why they're not making the change, but I only half understand it now after reading what I just wrote. It makes virtually no sense.

It has to be an ESRB stipulation, something like that they were stretching the E10 and having shooting of people would make it T-rated. My assumption is that logically, someone couldn't just pick up and figure out how to use a grenade or a "voodoo staff" on a regular occasion where as guns are sometimes household items are fairly easy to operate or something. Otherwise, the no gun rule only gets annoying at Remington and Neban to be honest.

Back