Just Out Of Curiosity?

Francis Gunshot

Site Founder
Hey guys I was just wondering how are we advertizeing for the forms? Like where who and in what ways are we attracting pirates to the forms I would like to help by telling people online when I play is there any way that I could give someone a spetal code that is online and they will get something for being refered by me?

My idea for referring people to the forms!

The reason I wrote this is because I would like to see more people on the forms that way it would because a popular place for pirates to hang out here are MY ideas for encouraging people to tell others about the forms! I have no clue if some of these things are possible and it would probably be quite some work to do this but I do know that it would help!

1: Rewards If we have rewards that can be displayed not just the trophy’s that we have now this would be a way to make people want to refer others if they could get points for how ever many people sing up under them.

2: If someone refers some one they can tell them a code that that person will type in it will give them a reward and also alert the admins and mods that the person that’s code that was gets a point or what ever they get for referring.

3: This might be away from the goal of the forms but remember it is just an idea. Anyways here it is. Ask for donations from members not in a way where it would be asking a single person but just having a post that says donations are welcome. I think Davey should be getting something for making and running the forms this could also help fund upgrades and we could buy adds to promote.

4: Videos if we had everyone who makes videos make one about the forms then post it would get us people. I know people are all ready doing this but we could use a few more.

5: I personally think there should be a teem of people that help create stuff for this site not just Davy it is a lot of work and he can’t do it all things would get done a lot quicker as well if we do get more people to help.

Please remember these are just ideas I am throwing out there I am not saying anything is being run badly I am just giving ideas I would appreciate any replies or other ideas from you guys!

Francis Gunshot

Just to note, the "u" in "forums" is intentional. ;)

I like the idea of a referral system that ties in with trophies or something. How would you prefer this work? Exchanging a code to use, having them enter your username, giving them a special link? What do you think would be best?

I appreciate the thought, but I would not accept donations. I run this site in my free time as a hobby, it's my responsibility to keep it going. All I'd ask is that people don't block the ads here on the forums, because that is where most of the money comes from to keep them running. There is only 1 (2 on some) per page and I try to keep them in areas where they are not obtrusive or annoying.

Creating things for this site requires programming knowledge, so I don't expect much help in this area. I wish I could get more done faster, but unfortunately I can't. Treasurer has been helping out in this area lately.

Thanks for the feedback Francis.

Just to note, the "u" in "forums" is intentional. ;)

I like the idea of a referral system that ties in with trophies or something. How would you prefer this work? Exchanging a code to use, having them enter your username, giving them a special link? What do you think would be best?

I appreciate the thought, but I would not accept donations. I run this site in my free time as a hobby, it's my responsibility to keep it going. All I'd ask is that people don't block the ads here on the forums, because that is where most of the money comes from to keep them running. There is only 1 (2 on some) per page and I try to keep them in areas where they are not obtrusive or annoying.

Creating things for this site requires programming knowledge, so I don't expect much help in this area. I wish I could get more done faster, but unfortunately I can't. Treasurer has been helping out in this area lately.

Thanks for the feedback Francis.
np and I would like to say THANKS A HUGE THANKS TO YOU AND TREASURER FOR RUNNING THE FORMS!!!! Also if there is any way I could help i would love to. Thanks for the Reply mate

The best way to help is to just give us feedback, tell us what you don't like, want to see changed, want to see added, etc.

Yah I think a code would be really cool that we can create. and the web site name dosen't work for me the people keep singing up for the other forms the fansite lol

Back