Recruiting Kanpai - a new guild

iamdeja

Sea Legs
Greetings fellow pirates.

Some pre-text (essentially context in grey)
Being part of a wonderful guild back in the POTCO days, and unfortunately not being able to find such a balanced guild now, even after going over quite a few and staying in them for quite a bit of time to really get a hold of the overall mood and feel, led to making a fresh guild.
It is always difficult starting a new guild, finding your own identity, being a nice home for fellow pirates, getting people to join, as new pirates often do not exactly known what to seek for, and older pirates already being in a guild they have strong ties with. The latter is something from my personal experience, having always found it hard to make the switch to a new guild, even if was hard to enjoy myself in one, and being attracted to guilds which had prominent members all over the Carribean.

kanpaitext.png
Following the corny tradition of guild names, starting a new guild felt to be the right thing to do, and to do so not relying on trusted friends, but rather making trusted friends that way. The name kanpai signifies lifting up your glasses, roughly a pirate cheering, hitting rum glasses together after a long day's work.

kanpaigoal.png
The intention of the guild is about finding a nice balance, having personally searched it for so long, between different members, different activities. Hope that this guild would be a place where those in need could be helped, and diverse activities finding interested pirates to partake in them is what really drove to creating Kanpai: a place where everyone could find their own niche, and be comfortable in it around others.

Yet, for an ideal like this to be reached, a foundation is required, and the foundation really is about meeting new interesting people, and finding a way to tie together those particularities, which will help founding the ability to deal with the potential expansion of the guild.

kanpaiway.png
This is the main reason why right now, no specific keywords can be given about Kanpai such as this is a plundering or friendly or whichever guild, because in the end, the shape it will take will be based on the kind of people willing to go with it, and hopefully morph into somewhat of a safeplace for those seeking to progress, or be comfortable in thir endgame.

So why not consider it next time you make an alternate pirate, expanding horizons by trying something different, which may or may not work? Whatever your reasons, please be aware that your help will be needed shaping this, and personally I will not hesistate to ask for help to make it a reality.

Should you choose to join in on this adventure, FCVG2483 is the key for it.

So, fellow friends, plunder on and lift your glasses to celebrate, when the time comes. Kanpai!

Sincerely, Dé-Jà-Vu

P.S Please forgive me if the text is unclear at points, english isn't my first language. I apologise in advance.

Last edited:
Please share your thoughts, this would be much needed and appreciated to help establish a friendly and enjoyable environment that can work well, and realising any flaws that could be with this little ideal of mine. This is still all so "new" and nostalgic for an oldtimer c:

Please share your thoughts, this would be much needed and appreciated to help establish a friendly and enjoyable environment that can work well, and realising any flaws that could be with this little ideal of mine. This is still all so "new" and nostalgic for an oldtimer c:
+
You know, all you twenty-something kids calling yourselves old-timers sure gets me depressed sometimes. lol

Don't worry about those old guys, they're as salty as the brazen wind lol.

I wish you luck in your ventures with your guild. My only advice to you would be not to sit atop of one success or moment for too long, people move on quickly around here and you need to keep up!

Don't worry about those old guys, they're as salty as the brazen wind lol.

I wish you luck in your ventures with your guild. My only advice to you would be not to sit atop of one success or moment for too long, people move on quickly around here and you need to keep up!
That advice is very much appreciated. Thank you for the kind words.

Back