Announcement Key Contest Winners!

Ahoy!
The Storyline Team has gone through all 485 submissions for the contest! We were amazed to see how much talent this community has! There were so many fantastic entries, that we just couldn't limit ourselves to 10 winners. Because of this, we have decided to double the amount of winners. 10 players will receive a Key for their story submission, and 10 players will receive a Key for their drawing. All 10 of the drawings will be used in-game as sail emblems or tattoos. The grand prize winner’s design will be exclusively used by Keepers of the Code guild members.

Wow!!! Still shell-shocked I won. Thanks everyone for the congratulations <3 It was so much fun pulling out my art supplies again. @MMDR When can we expect to see these designs in-game? Any sort of estimate?

Congrats to the winners, but I'm going to be very honest about the art contest portion results. The person who made the instructions was very unprofessional and vague. Whoever made it, they should have been very specific about what the judges were looking for in the drawings. Specifically, they should have strictly stated if they were looking for drawing ability or creativity or a combination of both. As an art major myself, I found this "art" competition extremely frustrating. I understand that not everyone is good at art, but some of the winners' drawings (politely put) are not very good in terms of visuals AND creativity. There were many other artwork on the forums that were much, much better than the winners in terms of both visuals and creativity. I can't fully express my disappointment in this competition. Some people may try to object my complaints on the fact that I should calm myself because the competition was "simply" for a virtual item, but I cannot sit here and accept such pity arguments. These competitions for the beta keys are so rare and you finally decide to give artists and story-tellers an opportunity to gain a beta key, but you completely destroyed those hopes especially for the artists. I can clearly see that some of the artists spent much more time on their artwork simply looking at how good the keys look. How much time they spent isn't even the main issue, they simply stand out significantly more than the other artworks. I feel like the "judges" used a random poll instead of actually taking the time to look at each and individual artwork. I know for a fact that some of the good artwork are copied from Google which broke the rule of originality, but some were very original and good and for some reason they weren't chosen. I suggest that the winners who received the keys keep it, but there should be new pool of winners.

Whoever made it, they should have been very specific about what the judges were looking for in the drawings.

The contest was up for over 2 weeks, if you had any suggestions for how the instructions should've been delivered, you could've PMed me and I would've done my best to accommodate your ideas.

This is a celebratory post, not the best space to complain or bicker. In the future, please be respectful and mindful of others and PM your complains or email them to support@tlopo.com .

Also: No, we wont provide a new pool of winners.

Last edited by a moderator:

The contest was up for over 2 weeks, if you had any suggestions for how the instructions should've been delivered, you could've PMed me and I would've done my best to accommodate your ideas.

This is a celebratory post, not the best space to complain or bicker. In the future, please be respectful and mindful of others and PM your complains or email them to support@tlopo.com .

Also: No, we wont provide a new pool of winners.
I wish I could speak on this situation but I feel I'm disqualified to do so as I already have a key so it is not as bad for me.

I don't even play the game, I am in no way upset that I did not get a beta key. My reply was simply supposed to be constructive. I am in no way satisfied with your response saying that we should complain via the support email. I heard from a few players that you guys hardly respond to those emails anyways so why bother suggesting I send an email to that address when you probably won't respond. The reason why I post on this page is because I want others to see this and realize how unprofessional the judging for this competition was for the art portion. Once again, as an artist, I believe that your definition of "very talented pieces" is very low given that there were many other great artworks posted on the forum. I accept the fact that I am coming out extremely rude and obnoxious in your perspective, but I believe that the community should respect and try to understand my frustration.

I don't even play the game, I am in no way upset that I did not get a beta key. My reply was simply supposed to be constructive. I am in no way satisfied with your response saying that we should complain via the support email. I heard from a few players that you guys hardly respond to those emails anyways so why bother suggesting I send an email to that address when you probably won't respond. The reason why I post on this page is because I want others to see this and realize how unprofessional the judging for this competition was for the art portion. Once again, as an artist, I believe that your definition of "very talented pieces" is very low given that there were many other great artworks posted on the forum. I accept the fact that I am coming out extremely rude and obnoxious in your perspective, but I believe that the community should respect and try to understand my frustration.
To be fair, she said you could've PMed her as well.. it's hard to know your concerns if you don't communicate until after the fact. She even said if you have any questions or comments etc etc please send a PM. Just an observation...

Congratulations to all of the winners! I'm so very happy for you! That's a wonderful gift and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest! I ALSO want to offer up a sincere and encouraging congratulations to everyone, like me, who submitted stories and artwork and did not win a key. You never know unless you try and I TRULY enjoyed perusing all of your wonderful submissions! Thank you for trying and sharing your creativity with the community! Continue to fully support, encourage and show your appreciation for the entire TLOPO team! They work every day so we can enjoy adventuring in the world they work so hard on. Lets collectively try hard to keep negativity out of the forums. It can be devastating to people who work so tirelessly for us. Love and appreciate you all! Thank you again for hosting this contest! I truly enjoyed partaking in it! <3
Remington, you are just a darling!

I'm not trying to seem like a sore loser but the drawing with the bent bottom half won the contest? But anyways CG! to everyone :)

Not just regarding myself but I feel like it was kind of a lazy drawing and there were more deserving people. But that's just my opinion and I can't really speak for everyone else.

Back