Keylogging warning with new launcher

Wehttamwulf

Honorable Pirate
Did anyone else get a warning about possible key logging activity when entering the game after installing the new launcher? If so, do you use a PC or Mac?

You aren't being keylogged when you download and use the TLOPO launcher from our website. Ignore that warning message.
I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to imply tlopo was keylogging. But the response to verify tlopo is not keylogging is what was needed to eliminate that and now the user should look to their system and firewall to see what the issue may be. A lot of times, it's a false positive by virus scanners in the background.
Thanks for all you do.
Stay safe.

Yes, squintz, I reported it to support but as yet have not received a reply. I appreciate Teague's advice but would like a more detailed response than "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain". Even if it isn't key logging why did Kate's computer say it was unsafe? I was asking for a friend who was using a new Mac. She was going to contact Apple and see if they had an explanation. I suggested that the switch to Pypperoni (a free and open source Python compiler and bytecode preprocessor designed and maintained by the developers of The Legend of Pirates Online- from a google search) may be triggering a false alarm. She is hyper sensitive to anything that may be perceived as intrusive behavior (she actually reads every word of disclaimers etc). I uninstalled the game after copying it to a flash drive.

As with any software you should trust it before you run it. Theres plenty of malicious software that no antivirus/anti-malware will catch. Theres plenty of nonmalicious software that antivirus/anti-malware will catch.

If you don't trust it, don't run it.

If its any consolation, launcher and game binary ran through VirusTotal. Very low detection, likely a false positive.
Game
Launcher

In the case of the game binary, it's most likely flagged as unsafe because the antivirus software has never seen the file and structure/type of file before. As for the launcher, no clue. It's still packaged the same way as far as I know.

Yes, squintz, I reported it to support but as yet have not received a reply. I appreciate Teague's advice but would like a more detailed response than "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain". Even if it isn't key logging why did Kate's computer say it was unsafe? I was asking for a friend who was using a new Mac. She was going to contact Apple and see if they had an explanation. I suggested that the switch to Pypperoni (a free and open source Python compiler and bytecode preprocessor designed and maintained by the developers of The Legend of Pirates Online- from a google search) may be triggering a false alarm. She is hyper sensitive to anything that may be perceived as intrusive behavior (she actually reads every word of disclaimers etc). I uninstalled the game after copying it to a flash drive.

Hope this clarifies:

Essentially, since we aren't a major developer, Windows Defender think we're a virus. We're 100% safe, as we always have been, and you can whitelist the program.

As with any software you should trust it before you run it. Theres plenty of malicious software that no antivirus/anti-malware will catch. Theres plenty of nonmalicious software that antivirus/anti-malware will catch.

If you don't trust it, don't run it.

If its any consolation, launcher and game binary ran through VirusTotal. Very low detection, likely a false positive.
Game
Launcher

In the case of the game binary, it's most likely flagged as unsafe because the antivirus software has never seen the file and structure/type of file before. As for the launcher, no clue. It's still packaged the same way as far as I know.
The only virus program that flagged it may even be newer itself. The same 360 checker didn't flag the launcher however.
Your response is the credited answer as well as Mr. Teague.

Thank you. Her MAC laptop is the latest model so it flagging the activity I am sure relates to the above answers. Also, MAC's have often had issues with new updates as well that's why I was asking if other people had seen the warning and what platform they were using.

Back