Suggestion Kickable option for Captain?

Discussion in 'TLOPO Suggestions and Ideas' started by jeromy384, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:26 AM.

1. jeromy384

jeromy384 Dockworker

Hi! I haven't been here long, but I've seem to come across something that is frustrating to people, its a type of people that's annoying and unfair to others. The type of people I talk about are the lazy pirates that join other ships and AFK on the ship as they go plundering around, other people do their part and actually make sure the ship is successful, but looters and lazy people are seemingly going around, joining ships, AFKing and taking up slots that could be used for people that actually can help the captain get loot. I was thinking and wondering if its possible to have a kick-able option for the captain of the ship, or maybe even a ban option so they won't have to deal with that and have a full crew that is actually helpful. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I for one find this rather annoying. thanks for reading!

2. Deckshot

Deckshot Honorable Pirate

Hi, this topic has been just about exhausted on this forum. The main argument against it is that we haven't found a way to prevent abuse. Gold and loot are currently evenly divided among the players on a ship, and with this option, the captain could just kick everyone off before dropping anchor, or kick off any low-levels, preventing them from ever increasing their skills (assuming it becomes a consistent enough problem) or joining other players on mat runs.

On the other side of the coin, your argument is a strong one. Nobody's solved the initial problem yet, though. If you have any potential solutions in mind, I'm sure everyone would love to hear it.

I would recommend searching next time before making a suggestion thread.

3. jeromy384

jeromy384 Dockworker

I apologize, i didn't see it, but thanks for your response.

4. Deckshot

Deckshot Honorable Pirate

It's fine, I just wanted to address it before people came and started bashing you. This is a problem that desperately needs a solution, but with all the threads about it, it's like nobody wants to pay attention to it anymore. Which is unfortunate, because I'd really love to see this implemented to some degree.

Anyway, they'll probably lock it if no constructive discussion comes out of it. Any ideas?

5. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

"The main argument against it is that we haven't found a way to prevent abuse."
    My answer is off topic, but that argument has no merit as no one can prove the abuse exists. In pve that is, I don't know and don't care what kind of abuses goes on in pvp, and assuming pvp abuse could continue into pve may not be a valid point of contention when it's only a prediction. We only truly would know if we had the option.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018 at 5:40 PM
  6. Eric Sailcutter

Eric Sailcutter Pirate Master

True, it's been talked about before and I'm sure everyone knows my opinion but I'll give it again anyway, lol. I'm for it and I disagree with those who cry abuse. It's the captain's ship and the captain should have the power to remove trolls and afkers.

7. Katesmom38

Katesmom38 Sea Legs

I think it should be in the rules that you can't exploit another's ship. Then all we'd have to do is report them for disciplinary action. I say this because, it's gotten out of control lately and I have noticed it's the same usual suspects and I would love to see them held accountable.