Video killing Neban the silent in just 4 sword swings

Neat video with Bladestorm, Roger. Always satisfying to see a boss killed in a single ability. Considered trying this on any Forsaken bosses, and seeing how fast you can down them?

Yeah ill definitely test this on them for now im kinda sticking to bosses under 30k since that is the max limit a single attack can deal. Any higher and you unfortunately wont be able to one hit them no matter what skill or buffs you use.View attachment 116623

Also one thing I noticed after testing the Red Fury skill to get the exact percentage of the buff it applied as well as using it in combination with some other different weapons is that the skill doesn't seem to be working with any ranged weapon. Sword, dagger and even bayonet stab were all affected damage-wise, however, the skill had no effect on the damage of gun, doll, staff, grenades, knives or any ranged dagger skill such as sidewinder or vipers nest.

Also one thing I noticed after testing the Red Fury skill to get the exact percentage of the buff it applied as well as using it in combination with some other different weapons is that the skill doesn't seem to be working with any ranged weapon. Sword, dagger and even bayonet stab were all affected damage-wise, however, the skill had no effect on the damage of gun, doll, staff, grenades, knives or any ranged dagger skill such as sidewinder or vipers nest.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to look over it. Let me know if you see any other buffs acting strangely, and I'll add them to my list.

its too late. I can't be stopped.
with 140% total increase in buffs I have become damage itself

Actually, it's more than 140%. Heres the formula for damage buffs

(base damage * aura buff ) * (ghost form/dark form/watcher visage/monkey panic + curse + red fury + potion(s)) * critical strike = t damage
into numbers:
( x * 1.1 ) * (1 + 0.2 or 0.3 + 0.3 + 0.5 + 0.2) * 2 = 5.06x
ghost and dark curse and monkey panic are +20% while watcher form is +30%
Note: this does not take into account chance of critical strike

Recreation of your video with damage calculation based on the following:

Base damage calculation:
[If all of the following are true]
- Barracuda blade
- Blade instinct 5
- Blade storm 7
- Level 30 sword
- Level 50 notoriety
- Enemy: Neban the silent
[/Base damage = 919 * 4 + 921]

By using formula provided above:
(with 100% chance of critical strike)
[ (919 * 4 + 921) * 1.1] * (1 + 0.3 + 0.3 + 0.5 + 0.2) * 2 = 23260.82

Edit: Just want to point out, the base damage calculation is assuming the damage rng is set to the highest possible damage output (as it currently is due to a bug)

Last edited:

(base damage * aura buff ) * (ghost/dark/watcher form + curse + red fury + potion(s)) * critical strike = t damage
into numbers:
ghost and dark curse are +20% while watcher form is +30%

Base damage calculation:
- Barracuda blade
- Blade instinct 5
- Blade storm 7
- Level 30 sword
- Level 50 notoriety

Thank you, this is truly epic. You are truly epic

Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to look over it. Let me know if you see any other buffs acting strangely, and I'll add them to my list.
Will do, but to be completely honest I'm not entirely sure anymore that there's anything wrong with this skill. Perhaps it is meant to buff only melee weapons. The wording of the of the skill along with the descriptions of a couple of the dolls that have this skill, in addition to the peculiar circumstances of the "bug" in question made me rethink my previous statement. I dont remember how it worked in potco.
Regardless I'll definitely report any similar bugs I come across.

Will do, but to be completely honest I'm not entirely sure anymore that there's anything wrong with this skill. Perhaps it is meant to buff only melee weapons. The wording of the of the skill along with the descriptions of a couple of the dolls that have this skill, in addition to the peculiar circumstances of the "bug" in question made me rethink my previous statement. I dont remember how it worked in potco.
Regardless I'll definitely report any similar bugs I come across.

So I went ahead and looked into this skill for you, and can confirm it's not bugged.

The description is being literal when it says "Increases the strength of a pirate." It's definitely intended to only boost up your physical-based attacks such as swords or daggers. We may look into tweaking the description in the future to better reflect this, along with any other skills with confusing or vague phrasing. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

So I went ahead and looked into this skill for you, and can confirm it's not bugged.

The description is being literal when it says "Increases the strength of a pirate." It's definitely intended to only boost up your physical-based attacks such as swords or daggers. We may look into tweaking the description in the future to better reflect this, along with any other skills with confusing or vague phrasing. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Awesome glad this could be cleared up :)

(base damage * aura buff ) * (ghost form/dark form/watcher visage/monkey panic + curse + red fury + potion(s)) * critical strike = t damage
into numbers:
ghost and dark curse and monkey panic are +20% while watcher form is +30%

Base damage calculation:
- Barracuda blade
- Blade instinct 5
- Blade storm 7
- Level 30 sword
- Level 50 notoriety

Edit: Just want to point out, the base damage calculation is assuming the damage rng is set to the highest possible damage output (as it currently is due to a bug)
Something doesn't add up and its bugging me.

In the video of you 1 shotting neban with bladestorm, I noticed 3 things.
1. The health of Neban as shown by the doll when using curse, is 26,500
2. Each screen indicates a different number, both of which do not add up to 26,500 or higher (21535 on the left, and only 15380 on the right).
3. Neither of these damage numbers are equal to the ones in my calculations (which have always been accurate in my testing)

So honestly, idk what the heck is happening here 😳

Something doesn't add up and its bugging me.

In the video of you 1 shotting neban with bladestorm, I noticed 3 things.
1. The health of Neban as shown by the doll when using curse, is 26,500
2. Each screen indicates a different number, both of which do not add up to 26,500 or higher (21535 on the left, and only 15380 on the right).
3. Neither of these damage numbers are equal to the ones in my calculations (which have always been accurate in my testing)

So honestly, idk what the heck is happening here 😳

What's happening is that the order of your calculations are off, which throws off the expected results. In addition, it would appear from the videos that the floating numbers are not always accurate to the actual damage dealt.

Back