Suggestion Kingshead Overhaul

Question, if barely touched questing and exploration, 2 of the most main parts of the game play in normal leveling, what did you do to max everything day after day? The game does work in all islands occasionally in quests and story lines by marooning people there so you at least have to sail to get to them. But if you don't do any of that, then I see the lack of interests.

A very legit issue. Disney had created plenty of places to go but most players only focus on a handful of locations since the stories were never finished. Especially once you are level 30 or higher. There is only some challenge on the wild islands except for Stumps and a couple of bosses. Even then, its easier to TP to Padres or just go to Tormenta to grind.

What does work for Kingshead is that it has enemies that run the full gamut from Navy Marines up to EITC Assassins, and it was set up where they get progressively harder as you go farther.

I know adding new locations is a very exciting idea but there is quite a bit of unused real estate in the Caribbean already. The trick would be making those places worth visiting more often without making them too dangerous for newer players to work on their quests. Same could be said for some cave areas.

A very legit issue. Disney had created plenty of places to go but most players only focus on a handful of locations since the stories were never finished. Especially once you are level 30 or higher. There is only some challenge on the wild islands except for Stumps and a couple of bosses. Even then, its easier to TP to Padres or just go to Tormenta to grind.

What does work for Kingshead is that it has enemies that run the full gamut from Navy Marines up to EITC Assassins, and it was set up where they get progressively harder as you go farther.

I know adding new locations is a very exciting idea but there is quite a bit of unused real estate in the Caribbean already. The trick would be making those places worth visiting more often without making them too dangerous for newer players to work on their quests. Same could be said for some cave areas.
Agree with everything, but I think whatever the level of the area is should be as is, and not nerfing them to lower players at all. Player beware and if they want a challenge. I enjoy the challenge.
What I never got is why no higher rep between a red and a yellow enemy. Having different and all levels of enemies on Kingshead would make it very popular to all levels of pirates. Most of the game is already like that. Some areas need a better mix.

Last edited:
Kingshead has been an important place for me leveling blades and grenades. I’ll still train there for now Im level 18. Fast loot too at the cluster spawn.

Great idea mate, this should be thought of a lot more once the other bugs and problems are fixed. Keep up the suggestions!

Love it!

Continuing...

If Kingshead was broken up into 2 or even 3 areas (if the Secret Dock was restored), it would help lag as well make the upper portion access something that has to be earned like Raven's Cove was.

Imagine a gate dividing off the Armoury area with a guard like the bouncer in the Rat's Nest. Part of the quest could be to dress up as a redcoat, Black Guard or NPC to get past him.

Kingshead New Gate.png

Once the access is gained, then the pirate could return to the upper portion at anytime afterwards.

The Armoury area itself is perfect for adding merchants as there are numerous buildings and fronts.

Kingshead Merchants Row.png

Not to push the idea of a market towards anyone, but kingshead would make a perfect spot for people to set up shop and sell items. That could be the sole intention of the island. I know some are opposed and some are for it, but I feel a market would really bring more players to the game and make current players spend more time on it.

Back