Question Kingshead

The idea of it would be cool - Say a few islands in the vicinity (like Cutthroat, for example) send KO'ed pirates to the Kingshead jail. Then they gotta break out, fight their way down through the fortress to the docks, and escape.

Then again, that sounds like a lot of work when you could just tp away once you exit through the door lol

The idea of it would be cool - Say a few islands in the vicinity (like Cutthroat, for example) send KO'ed pirates to the Kingshead jail. Then they gotta break out, fight their way down through the fortress to the docks, and escape.

Then again, that sounds like a lot of work when you could just tp away once you exit through the door lol
"Then again, that sounds like a lot of work when you could just tp away once you exit through the door lol"
Sure, but what fun would that be?

If I remember this correctly, Kingshead was original going to have a TP totem. Since Kingshead doesn't have a TP totem, it wouldn't make sense to get sent to jail at Kingshead when getting KO.(Since it count a settled Island. Even tho Cuba and Raven's Cove are settled island.) Consider the main islands and settled island that have a TP totem and your able to get sent to jail there.(exclude SVS islands.) Although, I really like that addition to able to get sent to jail at Kingshead.

Last edited:
If I remember this correctly, Kingshead was original going to have a TP totem. Since Kingshead doesn't have a TP totem, it wouldn't make sense to get sent to jail at Kingshead when getting KO.(Since it count a settled Island. Even tho Cuba and Raven's Cove are settled island.) Consider the main islands and settled island that have a TP totem and your able to get sent to jail there.(exclude SVS islands.) Although, I really like that addition to able to get sent to jail at Kingshead.

I remember hearing that a while back too. Would be cool for Kingshead to get more involved. I had thought in Potco that it was underused yet had lots of potential, since it's a giant military fort and we're pirates

I like this idea and sense an opportunity here to do something different with the jails on Kingshead. The island is unique and an enemy fortress so my intuition tells me it should be more difficult to brake out of jail there than other places but I've not been able to come up with a plan that makes much sense, what do you think?

Kingshead actually has 2 jails, and in POTCO, you got sent to the upper one or the lower one, depending on where you were at the time of KO. The one at the top actually had a foe you could farm for good weapons. The foe is still there, but not the ability to end up in jail there.
I don't remember the jails actually working on Kingshead, is that something that changed after it was updated? Before the update I didn't often go there, was that 2010???

I don't remember the jails actually working on Kingshead, is that something that changed after it was updated? Before the update I didn't often go there, was that 2010???
Both jails were always functional for as long as Kingshead was around. If you were at the fort down low or the parade grounds, you went to the lower jail between the parade grounds and the lower fort.
If you were in the upper 2 forts, you went to the jail all the way at the top.
In fact, there was a glitch in the upper fort where you could enter one of the cells by side-stepping the door, lure in the assassin and then leave him there, which was always quite amusing.

So there is a jail on Kingshead... Why when we get KO and eventually go to jail we dont go to Kingshead Jail. Instead of one of the other jails.

I feel this should be a suggestion as well but at the moment im just asking. I also believe it would be a good addition to add. It would make Kingshead more active in my opinion.

Ahoy, Boots!

I would absolutely love the Prison on Kingshead be opened up for use when a pirate gets knocked out. Especially in the realm of leveling lower notoriety pirates, Kingshead is a level destination for me sometimes into my early 30's to help get a head-on with Staff and Grenades! The distances to get to Kingshead (save from say, using the Spanish SvS Island as a totem) is quite tedious, and for players already there, I do see it as a huge option in further expanding player's playtimes at the inhabited ports in the Caribbean that aren't strictly for pirates.

Fair winds!

I think a working jail, even better two jails on Kingshead is a worthwhile idea.
The concept of fighting your way out sounds doable and exciting. But I would be sure to put in a choice for the pirate to either fight her way out or normal door kicking procedure.

Again, I love all ideas, as long as they're a choice to do so.

Last edited:
But I would be sure to put in a choice for the pirate to either fight her way out or normal door kicking procedure.

What if it was something like the tutorial? You go to leave and you can either choose the button to fight your way out (maybe with a chance at unique loot) or skip the escape and just leave

Ahoy, Boots!

I would absolutely love the Prison on Kingshead be opened up for use when a pirate gets knocked out. Especially in the realm of leveling lower notoriety pirates, Kingshead is a level destination for me sometimes into my early 30's to help get a head-on with Staff and Grenades! The distances to get to Kingshead (save from say, using the Spanish SvS Island as a totem) is quite tedious, and for players already there, I do see it as a huge option in further expanding player's playtimes at the inhabited ports in the Caribbean that aren't strictly for pirates.

Fair winds!
I don't understand what you are saying about expanding playtimes and ports not strictly for pirates???

Sounds like a good idea adding the possibility to be able to go to kingshead when you get KO'd at... kingshead
Also, when you're a low-level pirate, it would add less strain for people that are new and just trying to get into the game. Even if you're a high level pirate, then if you get sunk near kingshead, you can get right back into battle in a few minutes.

I don't understand what you are saying about expanding playtimes and ports not strictly for pirates???

To reiterate, I'm referring to how players use certain spots in the game as social areas, and the same used to be said about Kingshead in POTCO, but has since been changed. I think it would emphasize playing and just being around other areas of the game rather than the typical Abassa dock areas.

Back