Labels...

Have you ever gotten lost?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze God

Dockworker
Whenever you're at a location and viewing the area map, you see where you're at on the map and a rectangle box for exits... What don't you see? Labels.

It's been years since I played the original and joining the TLOPO version for the first time had me playing catch-up. I have probably spent over 30 minutes looking for a certain area and not finding it because the maps didn't contain labels showing me where each area's doorway was located...

Thankfully Wikia exist! Though it'd be very helpful and time-saving to have labels on area maps to know where you're going.

Without Labels:

upload_2018-7-17_4-9-14.png

With Labels:

latest

(Exclude the Dig Spots and Person Location)

I like this idea, but, I think adding labels to all the maps would dimish the excitement of exploring. I'm sure some people hate running around in circles for hours, as do I, but I feel like adding labels to all the areas and spots of interest might be a little too much. Maybe adding just the names of the area that the entrance leads to? I'm Level 50 / Fully Maxed and I still get lost sometimes, especially on Padres Del Fuego and other islands. But, sometimes while looking for something I run through parts of maps I have never been to before, even still at Level 50. Which is fun to me. I don't know. I'm sure people disagree. I like the idea of adding labels to some things, but not revealing all secrets of every map.

I like this idea, but, I think adding labels to all the maps would dimish the excitement of exploring. I'm sure some people hate running around in circles for hours, as do I, but I feel like adding labels to all the areas and spots of interest might be a little too much. Maybe adding just the names of the area that the entrance leads to? I'm Level 50 / Fully Maxed and I still get lost sometimes, especially on Padres Del Fuego and other islands. But, sometimes while looking for something I run through parts of maps I have never been to before, even still at Level 50. Which is fun to me. I don't know. I'm sure people disagree. I like the idea of adding labels to some things, but not revealing all secrets of every map.

That's what I suggested, an area name for each entrance. There's no point in giving out any more information, it just helps make things faster.

That's what I suggested, an area name for each entrance. There's no point in giving out any more information, it just helps make things faster.
Oh, I didn't see your paranthesis below the example picture. That is my fault. Sorry :p

Whenever you're at a location and viewing the area map, you see where you're at on the map and a rectangle box for exits... What don't you see? Labels.

It's been years since I played the original and joining the TLOPO version for the first time had me playing catch-up. I have probably spent over 30 minutes looking for a certain area and not finding it because the maps didn't contain labels showing me where each area's doorway was located...

Thankfully Wikia exist! Though it'd be very helpful and time-saving to have labels on area maps to know where you're going.

Without Labels:

View attachment 106385

With Labels:

latest

(Exclude the Dig Spots and Person Location)
Well, since I've been a 50, I've forgotten places all over again. Just the doorway locales would be nice idea. I don't think that diminishes the areas much at all. If people want more info, then look up Luna's maps on the forums, or of course the wiki.
I can get lost on me own ship.

Back