Question Lag Issue

Arr

Wanted Pirate
Why is it when player(s), enemies, enemy ships, players' ships and npcs appear on my screen the game lags a bit? It also lags a bit when I see someone tp to someone else.

Why is it when player(s), enemies, enemy ships, players' ships and npcs appear on my screen the game lags a bit? It also lags a bit when I see someone tp to someone else.
A developer addressed that lightly some months ago, I can't find it at the moment, but it was attributed in a way to how the game builds the next frame to be displayed and how each item is drawn and registered. It seemed to be something that the developers couldn't really change.
The original coding has some sort of blip in it during rendering or something. I have seen this 100% of the time since the first day. It has always been there, and an instant drop of frames as soon as something other than background scenery is coming into view. Most every item that is not in a pre rendered scene does this.

Maybe do a search for 'lag issues'.

I agree. And this issue isn't just a Tlopo issue, I think it's a basic thing of video games. But Tlopo coding may or may not magnify this problem. Some handle it better than others.
Things like invasions, ppl using Wither, and a swarm of ppl having a mat party all come to mind as lag inducing.

Things like invasions, ppl using Wither, and a swarm of ppl having a mat party all come to mind as lag inducing.
Yes, but where it might be a Tlopo issue is how people drop frames with just one npc or player showing up. 15 to 30 entities all on screen at the same time will undoubtedly create some lag. However one npc I would think shouldn't even cause a hiccup. But it's what we got to work with.

Back