Laggy game

If the devs ever fixed the lag issues, what would y'all complain about?
Think about it, embrace the lag! Ignore Misha - he's just phoning it in!

Keep in mind this game is in beta and people are volunteering their personal time to make and develop this game.
There will be issues, it might take time because these awesome folks have lives and families of their own.

Keep in mind this game is in beta and people are volunteering their personal time to make and develop this game.
There will be issues, it might take time because these awesome folks have lives and families of their own.
Dude I do not care. I appreciate that but I’ll still make my complaints known. All I want is the lag fixed.

Not really sure what people are complaining about since the lag may be there, but the NPCs don't stutter move as much as they did back at the latter portion of the official server's life. I remeber when the game was new and everything was buttery smooth, then a significant length of time later (read: life happened), I came back and noticed that NPC ships would just outright teleport more than 15 seconds worth of their ship's movement and NPC land units would sit still attack air, then teleport forward 5 steps, and repeat while fighting.

As it stands I'm really happy with serverside performance in comparison, and while I'm looking forward to improvements in optimization -- as hopefully the community can grow more, and have that buttery smoothness with large player density -- that come as they can.

I mentioned on another thread a few days ago that lag has gotten MUCH worse in the past week or two, roughly the same time as crashes have almost disappeared. As OP Supercooler said, it tends to happen around a bunch of other ships, say 3 or more player ships.

When I say MUCH worse, I mean TOTAL freezes of the screen, where my RAM cleaner creeps along and maybe after a minute I can actually get meaningful control of game playing functions.

What surprises me is that this happens even when playing on a server that has <5 players on the whole ocean and at a time when it's say 3 am in California -- maybe TLOPO IT people do their system maintenance then, so lag happens anyway?

I consider this an improvement though. If I get sunk due to freezing, I can still get loot from ships I damaged before the sinking, after getting out of jail of course. OTOH, if I crash and re-login, everything is lost (except state of damage of my ship).

Back