LARYNGITIS

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
S

Shamus The Brute

The following, written in-time and in various chapters, is inspired by a "childhood" movie I loved as a kid (and 'recent' events surrounding myself and how I am trying to come to terms with certain things, specific people, and the way in which everything is evolving).
------------------------------------------------------

"LARYNGITIS"

CHAPTER ONE

Once upon a time, in the thick of a Redwood Forest...
...there existed a ALIEN full of life, curiosity, and experimentation.

The ALIEN (and his kind) came from outer space and from another world...far, far away.

For the purpose and plan of intelligence gathering, the spaceship carrying the ALIEN landed within the outskirts of this Redwood Forest; an area known by Earthlings and appropriately called, "Community," because of it's vast significance and importance to people living within the valley and township located below.

et_the_extra-terrestrial_2.png

Per alien standard operating procedure (SOP), once the spaceship had landed the ALIEN would scuttle off with a dozen or so other aliens for the purpose of gathering what evidence they could of life within our galaxy. Fortunately, the spoils of the area were bountiful as this particular area of the forest (and galaxy, for that matter) were unique.

Always a bit too curious for his own good, the ALIEN separated from the group of others and set out on his own accord to discover this new venture of Earth and the beauty of it's landscape.

Suddenly, the ALIEN found himself a bit too far away from the coordinates of the landing site. Without warning, the spaceship he had grown so accustomed to during his travels launched itself completely away from the soil of the ground of "Community" and up into the night-time sky.

Helplessly, the ALIEN could only watch with disbelief as the spaceship's rocket boosters engaged and sent the spaceship zipping upwards in an effort to demoralize the Earth's gravitational pull.

ET_Spielberg_h.jpg

The ALIEN, unfamiliar with his surroundings, found himself completely alone now and frightful of what to expect next...

This alien sounds to be very unhappy with his place in this world, it appears that his Terra isn't Firma. I hope he is able to survive to the "New surroundings" that he has been thrust into, and realizes that life is a constant adjustment that must be accepted. When the adjustment seems too much, the Reese's Pieces are in bottom left drawer, next to the rum. Arrr.

Chapter 2

A lone cricket chirps, followed by the hoot of an owl. No doubt, the "music" of the night grows incredibly stressful for any space traveler unfamiliar of such territory.

Waiting anxiously for the spaceship's return, the ALIEN hunkered down taking cover amongst a group of ferns rooted only a short distance away from the spot where the ALIEN had witnessed the spaceship's flight.

10845373_1.jpg

Within those tiny few moments that did feel particularly safe, the ALIEN would cautiously raise it's head over the surrounding fauna to steal a peek of the perimeter of it's surroundings.

Down below and not too far away, the distant barking of a dog could be heard as the ALIEN sighted perpetual signs of (human) life.

vlcsnap-2013-02-13-22h28m45s170.jpg

As (Earth) minutes clocked effortlessly away to a point in time of about one hour, the ALIEN set forth an initiative and courageously left the safety of this area to set his focus towards the shimmering lights of the valley located below.

It was a bold move, but a move to which he felt compelled to take.

Oh God, I hope it's not L.A. The alien would have been better off hiding in the ferns.

Loving the story, and hoping the little guy finds some friendly people down in the valley of lights.

OK, lol. I am not really sure where I was trying to go with this writing but one's thing is for sure; I am finished watching conspiracy theories on the "History Channel" devoted to Area 51. :p
Besides, there is no point anyways in trying to establish a point any further through such a ridiculous story-line.:facepalm: *With that said, chalk this up as a writer's error.

*True writing anyways should be about the right reasons, and not something else. (Regardless, I 'love' the title).

The poor little guy, wandering forever in L.A. I just hope Lohan doesn't find him, or worse, Miley. Such a tragic fate for an innocent.

Back