Leaderboards: Would it ultimately be less of a hassle if they just dumped them?

Mary Mcrackham

Sea Legs
I checked the leaderboards today and found that my status didn't update again.
Since this happens with such regularity and since it seems impossible to adequately fix (although we did put people on the moon what, 42 years ago?) would it make more sense for Disney to just admit defeat on this one and stop trying? I'm not saying I'd like to see leaderboards go, but if they're so buggy is it really worth the disappointment? Thoughts?

Reactions: LEO
OMG yes they see to be pointless. There up for a while then there down then up then down. It's kinda pointless to woo I killed this many people. The all time records should stay I suppose but the daily is kinda pointless. I think they should just update the all time records like once a week or a month.

Ranking seems important to a lot of people, I guess they can keep them, but if these problems keep happening at this rate, then maybe it is time to dump them....

After retyping my response repeatedly i settled on this... as the boards dont impact how the game plays... please feel free to go on caring or not caring about the boards :p i pay to play a certain way and you guys pay or dont pay to also play a certain way call it an agree to disagree moment

Igor think it would just be nice if they worked consistently !! Igor say "P.S." Igor think it would be really nice if they added Cannon Defense and Fishing to it as well!

The leaderboards used to work pretty well. But I have also noticed that they are wrong consistently. For example, I have been rebuilding my guild for about 2 months now and my guild list is still not updated with the correct pirates. The biggest reason why I use the leaderboards is to see how well my guild has done and how I have done historically. I mean, I have been playing for over two years now and have devoted COUNTLESS hours to the game (as well as alot of me money ;)). It is nice to see where I stand among the other pirates in the game and it is also nice to congratulate other pirates on how well they have done or are doing. I just hope they can update these things and get them working once and for all. But regardless, I will still continue to stalk the high seas....FEAR THE FURY!!!!!!

There are different reasons why ppl play Potco and still play Potco (whether they are mastered or not). Leaderboards are one of them. Some ppl would like to show their competitive spirit, and that's one way of showing it, which is through the Leaderboards. It is one of those features of Disney Potco comparable to any other feature out there. I think we are going to have similar number of response who would be pros and cons in keeping Jolly Roger and invasion on the game, Queen Anne's Revenge and Foulberto Smasho, and so on. The same thing with Leaderboards. It has been provided in there for a reason, and it has been serving its purpose for so long (even though they broke unbelievably lots). So don't take it away. Disney just has to find a way to make it function properly and reliably. There is no way around it. And that's there is to it.

Please remember, I'm not an advocate of taking leaderboards away. Personally, I like them. The problems are that they are wildly inconsistent, have always been and seem impossible to fix. Given the frustration brought on by these points, I was curious to see how people felt. It seems that a big company like Disney could get a number-tabulating process (something computers do best) right by now. Am I extremely naive in this expectation?

Please remember, I'm not an advocate of taking leaderboards away. Personally, I like them. The problems are that they are wildly inconsistent, have always been and seem impossible to fix. Given the frustration brought on by these points, I was curious to see how people felt. It seems that a big company like Disney could get a number-tabulating process (something computers do best) right by now. Am I extremely naive in this expectation?

No, you are not. In any area of resposibilities, any one is being held accountable. Including Disney Potco. If they decided long time ago to provide Leaderboards, and in fact still keep them until today, they are responsible to make Leaderboards work as they should. So - apart of how negative some of us complain about them not working properly - it is the right thing to do. They provide them, they should make them work. They are there to serve a purpose, so Disney Potco has to be held accountable to make sure they work as we expect them to.

No, you are not. In any area of resposibilities, any one is being held accountable. Including Disney Potco. If they decided long time ago to provide Leaderboards, and in fact still keep them until today, they are responsible to make Leaderboards work as they should. So - apart of how negative some of us complain about them not working properly - it is the right thing to do. They provide them, they should make them work. They are there to serve a purpose, so Disney Potco has to be held accountable to make sure they work as we expect them to.
tI

I agree with what you said about beimg accountable,Jade. There is nothing more frustrating than going on every day even if it's a short while and playing at whatever got you to the leaderboard and finding out that you did not get credit for what you did for the past few days. I never set out to be on the leaderboard for blackjack i did it for relaxation after working on a skill for levelling up. I found out one day as i was checking things out. I continue to play for a short while
every day but have not got the credit i've earned.

I would just want to have them because it's nice to see how many enemies/ships you've defeated in your time playing. They could maybe rename it to Your Pirate's Ranks and it would show overall how many ships, times in jail, poker wins, enemies defeated, everything that the leaderboard does now, and they could update it on a daily basis like they do now. Only you could view your ranks too, they wouldn't be public.

Back