Weapons Legendaries are too hard to get.

Should Legendaries be easier to get?

• Total voters
However this is just my (and seemingly most people's) opinion
How could you possibly know that? In these forums I've seen you and other looters continuously assume most players are on your side and frame people who disagree with your ideas as being this "mini anti-looting movement," but in reality, what proof do you have that most people want looting to be as grueling and grindy as you do? Looters constantly make these presumptions (both in-game and in-forum, actually) yet seem offended when they're called elitists. I have personally seen no poll or thread that could possibly be considered accurate in reflecting the entire player base's views on looting. You can't take what you hear from other looters in looting guilds or in looting areas as majority opinion (because they're all looters, obviously), and you can't even take what you hear from players here on the forums as majority opinion (because only the most enthusiastic players are going to sign up).

So, if you have proof that the majority agrees with you, like a reasonably recent poll with thousands of players or something, then please, share it with us. Seems like it would save us a lot of time arguing over stuff like this in the forums.

Last edited:
Now that you put it that way, it would seem pretty obvious to make the rng ridiculously high so as to keep you paying for the sub. For now, with no trading, or other loot commerce, the high rng in tlopo just seems like an empty drag for players. We are beta testing, yes, but it's hard to ignore a high rng which may be almost abusive in the percentage. Perhaps there's not enough demand on developers to change this or even if there is anyone available to actually investigate the high rng issue.
Yes, TLOPO is going to have the model of what worked best for POTCO...not TLOPO.

In all honesty, the OP idea of this thread does have a solid point but...it does also bring about more questions than answers I don’t believe any of us had thought about before (and arguably something a remake team ‘should have’ thought about prior to the remake being dev’d this far along).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tlopo's drop rate is higher the Potco was. It needs to be lower a bit to be more balance. People need to put their pride aside and really look at this. If you were a looter veteran in Potco, and are one now.. you will notice it is higher. Raven's Cove is now pointless to loot as a high level and in Potco this was never the case. It seems the update/add/fix one thing and three things that work fine break lol. Ik that is not their intention but as beta player and vet of potco and love to loot (though i am too lazy to post on here) I am telling the devs the set drop rate on legendary a little lower then it is now and increase loot drops in Ravens for all lvls, and Sailing loot need to be relook at and adjusted accordingly, please.

How could you possibly know that?

Because of the poll man.
You can never have a full representation of the whole community but saying every poll is pointless because of it is kinda odd to do. As you'll be making ever trading poll pointless, and you'll be unable to say that most people want trading because how could you possibly know?

Because of the poll man.
You can never have a full representation of the whole community but saying every poll is pointless because of it is kinda odd to do. As you'll be making ever trading poll pointless
This thread's poll is not an accurate representation of the whole community, period. No trading poll is, either. Not only do they not have an accurate survey sample, but the options we pick from in these polls tend to be very narrow.

However, I did not say polls are pointless, please don't put words in my mouth. You can still get some ideas from them and see trends, plus the devs could have other uses for them. What I said is the polls don't give you the full story, so what is truly odd is to assume most of the entire community (rather than just those here in the forums) agree with you because of this poll. We shouldn't ignore the majority of the player base (the more casual players) just because they haven't signed up on the forums imo. I want this game to be attractive to as many players as possible, not just professional looters.
and you'll be unable to say that most people want trading because how could you possibly know?
I couldn't.

I know you think you "got" me here, but I never said anything about trading. I don't presume most players want it. I want trading personally and have met more players than not who also want trading, so I tend to "advocate" for it. This is not the same thing as presuming I'm in the majority, because no, neither of us could possibly know whether I am.

Last edited:
No offense, but there's nothing odd about it. This thread's poll is not an accurate representation of the whole community, period. No trading poll is, either. Not only do they not have an accurate survey sample, but the options we pick from in these polls tend to be very narrow.

However, I did not say polls are pointless, please don't put words in my mouth. You can still get some ideas from them and see trends, plus the devs could have other uses for them. What I said is the polls don't give you the full story, so what is truly odd is to assume most of the entire community (rather than just those here in the forums) agree with you because of this poll. We shouldn't ignore the majority of the player base (the more casual players) just because they haven't signed up on the forums imo. I want this game to be attractive to as many players as possible, not just professional looters.

I couldn't.

I know you think you "got" me here, but I never said anything about trading. I don't presume most players want it. I want trading personally and have met more players than not who also want trading, so I tend to "advocate" for it. This is not the same thing as presuming I'm in the majority, because no, neither of us could possibly know whether I am.
Ig I am just highly against the developers changing old mechanics that were in the original game and want it to be as similar to the original as possible as Eric Sailcutter is. This is a POTCO remake after all. And while im highly against change to old mechanics in the game I am highly FOR new content like islands and minigames and such. I dont think the devs should change the game to better advocate for the casual players who may come back for nostalgia and end up leaving the game before doing the ravens cove quest.
I have a job, I have college, and I have responsibilities. What I don't have is a legendary, or the need to complain about it.

I dont think the devs should change the game to better advocate for the casual players who may come back for nostalgia and end up leaving the game before doing the ravens cove quest.
It's not only casual players. And maybe these people wouldn't leave the game if they felt like they had a chance at looting a Legendary.

Like I said: I want this game to be attractive to as many players as possible, not just professional looters.

One thing missing from this is the people voting no legendaries drop at a fine rate, but log on with multiple pirates at once, have already artificially doubled or tripled their chances. Not saying it's an exploit, or their opinions should be discounted, but it's something to be considered as they get 2 to 3 times as many looks as others. Some do this, and also say the loot rate is fine. It could be fine, but their opinion needs to consider they are getting additional looks.

One thing missing from this is the people voting no legendaries drop at a fine rate, but log on with multiple pirates at once, have already artificially doubled or tripled their chances. Not saying it's an exploit, or their opinions should be discounted, but it's something to be considered as they get 2 to 3 times as many looks as others. Some do this, and also say the loot rate is fine. It could be fine, but their opinion needs to consider they are getting additional looks.
I think they take that into account as they loot much more than the average player. Perhaps a mildly questionable amount more than the average player I must say.

I think they take that into account as they loot much more than the average player. Perhaps a mildly questionable amount more than the average player I must say.

If you play for 4 hours a day with three pirates that is 12 hours a day equivalent. That's a boost difference you can't make up with any other method, and is frankly unfair to compare in a discussion on how to make the game more enjoyable for the majority of players. If you play 8 hours a day, which some do including people with few if any legendaries, with three pirates that is the equivalent of looting 24/7 which is not a normal bar to expect obviously. Legendary rates could be doubled (like they are during events) and still be excessively rare.

Last edited:
If you play for 4 hours a day with three pirates that is 12 hours a day equivalent. That's a boost difference you can't make up with any other method, and is frankly unfair to compare in a discussion on how to make the game more enjoyable for the majority of players. If you play 8 hours a day, which some do including people with few if any legendaries, with three pirates that is the equivalent of looting 24/7 which is not a normal bar to expect obviously. The issue with constant duplicate legendaries frustrates people and was somewhat solved with the Hallowed Woods update where you couldn't get Patron or Silver Freeze. Legendary rates could be doubled (like they are during events) and still be excessively rare.
Perhaps. I've never tried it. If they want to take the time and effort to level 3 pirates to level 50 and make the effort to loot on all of them at once thats on them I guess. I don't get bothered by how others play the game, or what they have in their inventory. Nothing in this game is unfair.

only proper cursed legedary i have is my sapphire curse and i worked my bum off for that if they where to easy to get then no one would be looting would be a dead game as other than leveling id assume looting is reltively the soul point

only proper cursed legedary i have is my sapphire curse and i worked my bum off for that if they where to easy to get then no one would be looting would be a dead game as other than leveling id assume looting is reltively the soul point
Let's avoid assuming please, because 1) it's not all about loot, many players such as myself play this game just because we like it and the POTC franchise, and 2) are you trying to say if you had managed to loot The Sapphire Curse plus another Legendary in the same amount of time you "worked your bum off" to just loot The Sapphire Curse, you would have quit the game because you had too many undeserved Legendaries? One is fine, but two turns TLOPO into a dead game?

Last edited:
Let's avoid assuming please, because 1) it's not all about loot, many players such as myself play this game just because we like it and the POTC franchise, and 2) are you trying to say if you had managed to loot The Sapphire Curse plus another Legendary in the same amount of time you "worked your bum off" to just loot The Sapphire Curse, you would have quit the game because you had too many undeserved Legendaries? One is fine, but two turns TLOPO into a dead game?
I think its because people like the challenge of getting legendary weapons and by removing that challenge by making them easier to find, the game would gradually lose players as they get bored of the game when they get the legendaries they want, or no longer care for them as they are being made easier to find. And the game certainly is not all about loot at all, but looting is the biggest feature in The Legend of Pirates Online and its a great deal.

I think its because people like the challenge of getting legendary weapons and by removing that challenge by making them easier to find, the game would gradually lose players as they get bored of the game when they get the legendaries they want, or no longer care for them as they are being made easier to find. And the game certainly is not all about loot at all, but looting is the biggest feature in The Legend of Pirates Online and its a great deal.
You are correct. The game would certainly become boring for people as a lack of interest would occur (for those whom play this remake 'for the sake of looting alone').

In economics, this phenomenon is known as the "law of diminishing marginal utility." In other words, the more you and I gain of something the more unsatisfied we become in contrast to our level of satisfaction gained at first. *This would certainly occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you doubled the loot chance still no one would likely have all the legendary weapons. Even whoever is in first and might have 15 or so different kinds could still be short because twice as many still includes a tremendous number of repeats. Just considering the Abyss, WEB, Thunderspine, Emerald, Behemoth set you still can get SF and Patron. Nailing a specific legend from a Mollusk is an insane chance. You aren't likely completing the collection and if you stick around the game long enough to do that, what is stopping you from starting a second account or just staying to brag about collecting everything (or staying for the new legendary additions?). You will lose a far greater number of players to never getting rewarded for playing (getting a legend) than you will from people collecting everything. How many of you have played for a decade and have no where near a full collection?

na im still actively looting tbh sometimes most of the time if im not playing its cuz i cant be arsed to loot or bored of doing the same thing(looting or solo mat runs)

if you doubled the loot chance still no one would likely have all the legendary weapons...

...You aren't likely completing the collection and if you stick around the game long enough to do that, what is stopping you from starting a second account or just staying to brag about collecting everything (or staying for the new legendary additions?). You will lose a far greater number of players to never getting rewarded for playing (getting a legend) than you will from people collecting everything. How many of you have played for a decade and have no where near a full collection?
I have yet to play any POTCO remake, never really focused on "looting" so much while playing the game for 3+ years, sorta liked but hated too within the community, and...I'm still here.

There's far more than just looting itself, for some of us.

And they should still be very hard to get but I've put upwards of 1000 hours into this game without one and I know some other people who have have a similar situation. They should be hard to get but not impossible because this is a remake. Most people who played the game back in the day are all grown up now and don't have 5 hours a day to put into TLOPO and just really want a legendary for the sentimental feeling of it. (even though I never had one in the original game either.)
If we had trading? The grinding in the game wouldn't change, but you could get the ONE you want just to feel better. It's a personal choice to you to gain it whatever way you want IF it was offered in another way. Otherwise, just keep grinding. But it took me 16 months to get a legendary.

To make something radically easier may not be in the best interests of everyone however.

Back