Suggestion Legendary Announcement / Global Chat

Hi all! First i'd like to introduce myself as this is my first post. My name is Jason Burnpigge i am a long time POTCO and TLOPO player, i created this forums account years ago, however just got around to posting now, lol. Ok now to my suggestion.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the MMO Trove, but it had a feature where if a player opened a legendary ("amazingly rare" in trove) item from a loot box, it would display in the chat box for everyone in their guild, local area and in global chat to see.

My suggestion is that TLOPO do something similar with this idea, and i feel that it would motivate more players to go for legendaries or loot more if they see that other players are looting legendaries right in front of them. It also makes getting legendaries much more special when your name displays in a unique font over chat.

For example: Jason Burnpigge has looted The Lost Sword of El Patron! (This would be what is said in the chat box)

Now it would be completely fine if only the pirates in vicinity of looter see this message, but it would be awesome if say everyone in the server saw this message.
It would increase the "wow" factor of getting a legendary and also leads into my point about global chat. I feel that global chat would make looting less lonely, or on quiet servers you have someone to talk to. This could lead to more bonds and friendships made when the two pirates would have never ran into each other otherwise.

Please watch the attatched video below to see what i mean about "legendary announcements" On top of the legendary the overwhelming "GGs" create a feeling of immense joy :) lol

Trove comparison (please watch this)

Thank you all for reading, hope to hear your feedback soon. Fair winds!

Last edited:
Yeah a global chat message would be pretty neat. Would make the game feel a little more alive I think. I think there should be a way to disable that so you don't have to see alerts when people get legendaries, because I assume that there are many that would either not care for/rather not see that.
I just think this game should have a global chat in general tbh

I'd rather not have my legendary finds immediately broadcasted to the entire population when I get them. I'd rather share to whom and when I'd like, and have a moment to be happy myself.

Not to mention if trading came along with those announcements it would be like trying to hide from a mob!

Also, global chat would be fine as long as it was a different chat tab, I don't want all that spam mixed in with the already often diluted local/crew/whisper/guild chat.

I'd rather not have my legendary finds immediately broadcasted to the entire population when I get them. I'd rather share to whom and when I'd like, and have a moment to be happy myself.

Not to mention if trading came along with those announcements it would be like trying to hide from a mob!

Also, global chat would be fine as long as it was a different chat tab, I don't want all that spam mixed in with the already often diluted local/crew/whisper/guild chat.
Lol i totally understand if trading comes out. And yes global would be a separate tab - local, crew, guild, global

Lol i totally understand if trading comes out. And yes global would be a separate tab - local, crew, guild, global
Nah I meant like completely different chat, all those show up together, yes you select diff to type in but they all show up in same spot. I'd prefer not to be completely spammed and have all my chats diluted from a global, so it would have to be completely separate, only visible once you click on it.

Nah I meant like completely different chat, all those show up together, yes you select diff to type in but they all show up in same spot. I'd prefer not to be completely spammed and have all my chats diluted from a global, so it would have to be completely separate, only visible once you click on it.
Ok i know what you mean

A global chat would be nice but I feel it would just be another playground for trolls.
I like the idea of the Legendary Announcement but maybe it would just announce it to those around you instead of the whole server? Also there should be an option to have it turned off for those that don't want everyone knowing.

I get angry enough not getting my own legendaries, imagine me rage-looting Jimmy and getting a notification that someone else got sap 🙃

Not really a fan of this idea. I don’t need any wow factors to play the game. I can see how global chat might be good but it would need to be something you could turn off, maybe customize too, for sure, so as not to swamp you with meaningless chat.

You're onto something here, but I kinda disagree that such a system should be dedicated solely to looting. (While looting a legendary alone is quite a feat, the 'wow' factor I think you would hope to achieve would be limited to only that individual [and then, only temporary]. Rather instead, it would be cool to see a global chat system tuned to a pirate crew's successful group efforts [although I do not know how such a thing could be implemented]).

I try to represent (and advocate for support towards) piratey community where both crew, teamwork, and collaboration work in unison together towards achieving great things and so such an idea, for "individual" accomplishment broadcasted across the airwaves, I feel only satisfies a temporary wow factor rather than a lasting one. ;)

Thinking a little more about this... I wonder about a global friends chat. Similar to guild chat where you can turn it on and off and can see everything your friends write to it across all servers.

Back